Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
I would rather be playing teams like Reading every week, in the Championship, than playing Leyton Orient in League 1. Poyet has a lot of explaining to do. What's all this shit about making us a good Championship club?! Crazy. We should be top of the league now, we've been in this league for MONTHS already.

I totally agree with where you're coming from BUT Gus does need to stop his excuses & start admitting his mistakes. (Murray, Vicente, Hoskins, Billy Barn Door etc...) IMO.

Sod the questions on formations, barn doors and penaly shouts.

The main question that needs to be answered is...........ARE YOU FIT?????

LOL LOL I'm ok I think - you'll have to ask Steve Foster the guy that does the score predictor - he's a bloke he knows me

She's well fit!
Though as we are both happily married (not to each other!), I couldn't possibly say how fit!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I totally agree with where you're coming from BUT Gus does need to stop his excuses & start admitting his mistakes. (Murray, Vicente, Hoskins, Billy Barn Door etc...) IMO.

Mistakes? We wanted to keep Murray but didn't want to pay too much. Not a mistake. Vicente needs to get fit, and then we will judge him. Hoskins is hardly a mistake, just injured. We've nothing to complain about. Where did Poyet find us, where are we now? Stop moaning, keep supporting. 3-0 defeats to Reading aren't a complete disaster, games like Coventry are the bread and butter.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Mistakes? We wanted to keep Murray but didn't want to pay too much. Not a mistake. Vicente needs to get fit, and then we will judge him. Hoskins is hardly a mistake, just injured. We've nothing to complain about. Where did Poyet find us, where are we now? Stop moaning, keep supporting. 3-0 defeats to Reading aren't a complete disaster, games like Coventry are the bread and butter.

Does anyone really expect us to get anything from Coventry? I for one, don't.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY

Hey I aint complaing or moaning just look at the stadium we play I'm stating my Opinion as is my right, but I still believe it was a mistake not paying Murray more & from talking to other supporters the opinion is divided 50/50. Ok maybe a bit harsh on Hoskins but Vicente was a big risk & it hasnt paid off so A MISTAKE. I notice there was no argument with Billy though...lol

I AM STILL KEEPING THE FAITH for what its worth.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Sod the questions on formations, barn doors and penaly shouts.

The main question that needs to be answered is...........ARE YOU FIT?????

LOL LOL I'm ok I think - you'll have to ask Steve Foster the guy that does the score predictor - he's a bloke he knows me

She's well fit!
Though as we are both happily married (not to each other!), I couldn't possibly say how fit!

Awwwww well fit will do me - we need to arrange another night out for a curry - x

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hey I aint complaing or moaning just look at the stadium we play I'm stating my Opinion as is my right, but I still believe it was a mistake not paying Murray more & from talking to other supporters the opinion is divided 50/50. Ok maybe a bit harsh on Hoskins but Vicente was a big risk & it hasnt paid off so A MISTAKE. I notice there was no argument with Billy though...lol

I AM STILL KEEPING THE FAITH for what its worth.

Apart from wanting more money he was also after a 3 year deal , which many fans are now overlooking. Gus didn't think he was the player to warrant 3 years and offered 2.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
:thumbsup:
Apart from wanting more money he was also after a 3 year deal , which many fans are now overlooking. Gus didn't think he was the player to warrant 3 years and offered 2.

Sign for 3. Let him give CMS support this season. Sell him on once a better player has been found.

I just couldnt understand getting rid of him before replacing him, but this topic has been discussed to death :)

Lets just hope we finally get a replacement in the transfer Window

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sign for 3. Let him give CMS support this season. Sell him on once a better player has been found.

I just couldnt understand getting rid of him before replacing him

Would we have CMS if we kept Murray............all ifs and and but's...........i agreed with Gus at the time,Murray great value,did well for us,never my type,,,besides nothing could be done if he(Murray) wanted out,like today's result and Christmas....it's over..............moving on.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Would we have CMS if we kept Murray............all ifs and and but's...........i agreed with Gus at the time,Murray great value,did well for us,never my type,,,besides nothing could be done if he(Murray) wanted out,like today's result and Christmas....it's over..............moving on.

Like I said it has been discussed to death. I am all for moving on Just giving an opinion on where things might of gone wrong. As you say all if's n buts.

BUT..... aww sod it Hope we all have a better New year celebration. I for one believe it will come together at Coventry even without Bridders. :)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Q: did the two winger system work?

I maintain it is inherently wrong because we can only play on one wing at the time (the other winger can drop back into midfield), but we are still one short against a 4-4-2 and even then Macca has not got a partner upfront. The 4-4-2 team just waits for us to lose the ball and picks up on our mistakes.

It can be played with the passing game using the full width of the pitch playing on the flanks. But even then one winger becomes isolated. Not only that, but if we play out slowly from the back one side of the pitch the opponents just move their whole team over to that side of the pitch. Then if we had someone who could make a long accurate pass to switch wings it could work ???

Or if we had Reyes we could play three at the back and then hope to score than we concede?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Like I said it has been discussed to death. I am all for moving on Just giving an opinion on where things might of gone wrong. As you say all if's n buts.

BUT..... aww sod it Hope we all have a better New year celebration. I for one believe it will come together at Coventry even without Bridders. :)

We i hope get at least a draw..........or we will be getting into deeper waters.........

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Complete waste of money going today. I feel f***ing cheated. £40 for petrol, £39 for tickets (1a,1c), £8 for parking, £6 for the Severn bridge, £15 on food.......over a ton for that crap.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Complete waste of money going today. I feel f***ing cheated. £40 for petrol, £39 for tickets (1a,1c), £8 for parking, £6 for the Severn bridge, £15 on food.......over a ton for that crap.

If you can't face the thought of losing when we go away in this league, best not go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here