Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading Vs Brighton and Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The answer is Mark Beaney, John Keeley, Perry Digweed, all good keepers all who made great saves but who didnt, unlike Stockdale make howler after howler after howler throughout a season. One good save or even 5 good games in a row does not make a keeper. Are you his agent? He has to go, and for good measure we need a new spine of the team all the way through to the strikers if we are to have a prayer of promotion. We have been scrapping down the wrong end of the Championship for a reason - the players are not very good. The table doesnt lie.
Not sure about Digweed, but Keeley and Beeney I rate higher than Stockdale.

Only an opinion though.

Feb 14, 2010
Yes, that's a great idea. Let's have another summer where we completely change the whole team as that worked so well. Or we could add a few players (and try to keep the loan players who've done well) of a squad who have been just outside the play offs since Hughton joined. But I'm sure you know best!

Ideally you keep good players and build on them. We have some good players, but not many so if we want promotion, we have to change the players we have. The table my friend does not lie.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This team must hold some sort of record for conceding within a few mins of scoring.

Losers :lolol:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Ideally you keep good players and build on them. We have some good players, but not many so if we want promotion, we have to change the players we have. The table my friend does not lie.

Are you that stupid? We were managed by a very poor manager for the first half of the season. Since Hughton has been in charge we've been in top ten form. So, put simply, we've been doing well enough that we only need a few additions and, despite your and one other person's on this threads specific agenda, Stockdale will not be one of the ones to lose his place. Luckily Hughton knows his stuff (unlike you who is clueless).

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Mackie is playing a blinder to be fair. Aspinall used to play the same way (when he was younger).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here