Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading Vs Brighton and Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I am suprised that no-one has yet mentioned the hoo-ha over who was going to take the penalty. Ledesma picks up the ball and COG does a Leighton Baines impression and just shrugs. Where are the leaders on the pitch? We used to have several and now we have none - and that sums up our lack of ambition. For those who weren't there, our noble captain had to go over and ask 'dad' on the touchline who told him to give it to COG. Surely there is a plan for the penalty taker in the starting eleven - or perhaps we need another clipboard. The captain should have sortedvit out immediately.

That was a horrible game to watch. Whilst we were awful, Reading wasted so much time in the second half that the ball seemed in play for only half the time. Midfield were slow and created nothing and don't come back to pick up the ball, so the main attack came from hoofs up to the front. The wingers don't 'show' themselves on the touchline, but tuck in so much that our fullbacks can't see them for what should be a simple pass that sets up an attack.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Such a waested opportunity. no better time to play Reading, they hadn't scored at home for 3 games, had a hard cup tie and now minds on a replay and possible semi-final so, what do we do? mess about with the team again, play two wide players away when we don't play one at home and then don't play wide and go back to our dead slow build up of the early season.

Do people really think we'll win at Millwall?

No. I said last week that we beat the good teams & lose to the team's around us.

UaeGull

Dec 21, 2007
Yet another dire, dismal and inept away performance as I witnessed travelling to Blackpool and Bolton. The grit and commitment we showed at Fulham seems a lifetime ago.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
It's pretty obvious that after seeing the weekend results CH thought he could afford to relax and rotate the squad. Next time Chris, please let everybody know so 1100 fans don't waste their money

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I am actually incensed about what happened last night.

Several players are in the form of their lives, and Hughton “rests” them. It was bad enough that Calderon and Teixeira did not start the game, but Hughton did not even send them on when we needed to save the game. We had two right-backs on the bench and a centre-back at right-back. When we are chasing the game, Hughton sends on one of the right-backs…to play in midfield. Stephens is one of our few “game-changers”, but is left out of the match-day squad entirely.

None of that makes any kind of sense to me…but then I’m just a simple fan who knows nothing about the game.

Steve Clarke now owes Chris Hughton a favour.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Several players are in the form of their lives, and Hughton “rests” them. It was bad enough that Calderon and Teixeira did not start the game, but Hughton did not even send them on when we needed to save the game. We had two right-backs on the bench and a centre-back at right-back. When we are chasing the game, Hughton sends on one of the right-backs…to play in midfield. Stephens is one of our few “game-changers”, but is left out of the match-day squad entirely.

None of that makes any kind of sense to me…but then I’m just a simple fan who knows nothing about the game.

I can only guess that we are resting players for our 'High Noon' 'Cup Final' 'Winner Takes All' '6 pointer' at Millwall.

Possibly others will be rested on Saturday vs Wolves ???

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

The way we played was pretty embarrassing for us really. That said, the previous four away games we have looked pretty shonky as well. 2 points from five away games is about as bad as it gets.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Excellent post, absolutely summed it up. Fortunately I trust Chris to learn from his mistakes last night.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yet another dire, dismal and inept away performance as I witnessed travelling to Blackpool and Bolton. The grit and commitment we showed at Fulham seems a lifetime ago.

Any chance we could have Hughton as Home Manager, and Nathan Jones as Away Manager?

that might sort it?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It's pretty obvious that after seeing the weekend results CH thought he could afford to relax and rotate the squad. Next time Chris, please let everybody know so 1100 fans don't waste their money

All over this. The club, or rather CH mugged me off on Tuesday night. Picked the starting 11 out of a hat, then sent them out with no structure, no plan and no passion. Shocking.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I can only guess that we are resting players for our 'High Noon' 'Cup Final' 'Winner Takes All' '6 pointer' at Millwall.

Possibly others will be rested on Saturday vs Wolves ???
The Millwall game would be much less of a cup final if we had taken something away from Reading, and less again if we beat Wolves. Full strength and go for a win against Wolves, please; worry about Millwall from Sunday onwards. We need to win probably three matches to guarantee safety. I'm quite confident we can do that, but what we CAN'T do is pick and choose which ones to win!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here