Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading Vs Brighton and Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I don't enjoy slagging of our players but he is not a good keeper , you think he is that's up to you , if he didn't make so mistakes I would have nothing to criticise would I ?

I give up arguing. If you want to be unbiased, you praise when someone plays well and criticise when they play poorly. I've not seen you once praise Stockdale. Not after he won us the Birmingham game, not after he won us the Derby game last week with, what according to NSC, was comfortably a man of the match display. Yet within minutes of him making a mistake you're on here criticising him.

Now, tell me exactly where you don't have an anti Stockdale agenda.

Feb 14, 2010
We must've had some shit keepers then.

Over the years, its one thing the Albion have done OK on, but Stockdale has been accident prone this season and no amount of "he had a couple of great games" can hide that. If we want promotion, we need a keeper, two centre backs, another central midfielder and a forward. In short, we need a new spine to the team.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Dire. Utterly dire.

Halford, Ledesma, Ince, JFC all woeful :nono:

Sadly only 3 of them can be subbed :nono:

We'll need to somehow rob Reading tonight.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Hard to describe how bad we are. Everyone having a bad game. Halford clueless Ledesma dreadful - I could go on

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Not. Even. Close.

Ryan Harley, Stephen Dobbie, David Gonzalez, Leroy Lita, Jon Obika, Billy Paynter were ALL worse, much, much, much worse.

Agree JFC looked class when Poyet 1st played him, seemed to have lost his way under Hyppia hence confidence low, I'm sure he will bounce back much stronger

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What the hell has hughton been doing for the last week. Utter rubbish we played better under Sami. Ince has only passed to a blue shirt was asleep for their goal. Does our manager think we are safe and seeing who is good enough for next season. Well none of them are after that shit 45 minutes.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
One of the worst halfs of football from the Albion I've seen in a long time. Not one player emerges with any credit from that. They all look totally disinterested. Hopefully CH lays into them big time. I can cope with them being shit but lack of effort and interest annoys the hell out of me.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We were 2-0 down against Reading in December, and got a draw. JFC played in that game too. To read some of the bizarre comments on this thread, you'd think the 90 minutes were up already.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Name me a worse regular Albion player in the past 4 years?
The guy is a waste of space. Will be a league 2 player next year.

yep
I CAN NAME ONE
barnes
Oh no sorry some though he was shite until he went away and now plays in the premiership
some of you lot could not pick your noses

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The claim wasn't just for the league.

But even so, League is

W4
D11
L10

We win or draw 15 out of 25 games, smashing the 'JFC plays we lose' claim.

Maybe. But that wasn't the claim. The claim was we lose if he plays. That isn't true. The majority of the times he plays, we don't lose. This majority is larger if we restrict it to league games.

or 4 wins out of 25 ....

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yes we have
True, but we've also had some decent ones. To say that Stockdale is 'comfortably one of the best we've ever had' based on handful of good games is a bit of an exaggeration given how many errors he's made earlier in the season.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The claim wasn't just for the league.

But even so, League is

W4
D11
L10

We win or draw 15 out of 25 games, smashing the 'JFC plays we lose' claim.

Maybe. But that wasn't the claim. The claim was we lose if he plays. That isn't true. The majority of the times he plays, we don't lose. This majority is larger if we restrict it to league games.

mmm.....so we've got 23 points from 25 games he's played. That is relegation form.

:lolol:

He is a bit of a Jonah this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here