Reading vs Brighton And Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Barnes on for JFC I think i'd do.

Buckley on for Lopez for me... Their defense is strong and good in the air, but pretty immobile on the ground. Buckley on with a point to prove, and a flexible, quick, youthful on the floor attack with him, Lua Lua & JFC.

I don't think Barnes on would be a bad thing though..

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Well Reading have been pleasantly disappointing! I can see us doing them in the second half if they keep Drenthe on, he's been woeful.
Our subs? Barnes for Caskey-Forster soon and Buckley with 25 minutes to go on for Lopez/Calderon/Crofts/Lua Lua. Not that they've played badly just a freshen up.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Barnes for JFC and later Buckley for Kazenga... if they are fit enough

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have to say I am very pleased with the way we played. Apart for Ulloa's stupid and deserved sending off.

Devon Seagull

Sep 25, 2004
South Devon
Pearce had been all over Ulloa in first half but didnt Make a meal of it. Others would he been rolling around the ground.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Wouldn't be surprised to see Will on but would prefer Ash, obviously.
Think we've been the better team by some way but haven't taken advantage.
Tough to see where goals will come from.

On the plus side: Spanish Dave has looked quala so far. Perhaps he's back.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Reading ain't much though are they?

there is no way that Reading can play that badly second half. What a terrible game. Cannot believe their best players are mostly on the bench. Lets hope they stay there! Ash on for JFC for us second half. I'd be happy with a point.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The Ulloa decision was correct but the player wasn't hurt and to be fair didn't make a meal of it.

The only positive thing about the incident to be fair. Pearce and Ulloa had been having a proper battle all half but he didn't make a meal of it and shook hands afterwards. Good to see.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What's up with that graphic? The coloured bars for shots were tiny, representing 1 and 2 shots. Ok, that's fine it's all perspective. Then you look further down and the 5 fouls a piece are long bars, fine. That works, 5 units fill the bar and give you the size for 1 unit. But why are yellows and red cards long bars?

- 1 attempts 5 -----
- 1 on target 2 --
0 corners 5 -----
0 offside 0
----- 5 Fouls 5 -----
----- 2 yellow cards 2 -----
----- 1 red cards 1 -----​

Surely the cards should be equal length to the bars in the on target?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
A bad misjudgement from Ulloa and he can't have any complaints

Expecting to see Barnes and Buckley on for KLL and JFC early in the half if not at HT.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Well Reading have been pleasantly disappointing! I can see us doing them in the second half if they keep Drenthe on, he's been woeful.
Our subs? Barnes for Caskey-Forster soon and Buckley with 25 minutes to go on for Lopez/Calderon/Crofts/Lua Lua. Not that they've played badly just a freshen up.

One on four off....sounds a bit drastic..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports