Reading vs Brighton And Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
My lads and I still have the grim memories of the 5-1 thrashing in our system, with the only consolation being the CKR screamer that day.

I preferred the Oatway goal myself.

What a debut performance by Gary Elphick. Conceded a penalty and sent off. I don't think he played for us again and then got sent off in his next two matches for St Albans.

Feb 14, 2010
Late 80s we got battered 4-0 but there was bad trouble. Albion fans in home seats and attacking police horses. Went with a ManU mate of mine who said he'd never seen such bad violence.

PG

I remember trouble away following Brighton was a regular thing and away games like Brentford, Palace, and Aldershot where things were very very bad. But dont remember trouble at Reading that day, but I was on the terrace. I just remember the abject, disinterested performance from our players, looking around the ground, realising that we had about half the crowd on an away game and thinking that the Albion do not have the players that the support deserved. Nothing changes!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I preferred the Oatway goal myself.

What a debut performance by Gary Elphick. Conceded a penalty and sent off. I don't think he played for us again and then got sent off in his next two matches for St Albans.

I thought he got sent off for the free kick that led to the penalty??

Just in a pub with Reading supporting mates and discussing the amazing own goal

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Terrible record. We (Ashley Barnes especially) owe them some payback for that ridiculous defeat first season at the Amex.

For having a penalty saved?

I don't expect much today, although my belief in our brave new era is growing, I still don't fully trust we'll go to teams like Reading and get a result. Hoping to be proven wrong though as ever.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
For having a penalty saved?

I don't expect much today, although my belief in our brave new era is growing, I still don't fully trust we'll go to teams like Reading and get a result. Hoping to be proven wrong though as ever.

We were the better team that day and should have won. The penalty miss was a part of that and I'm sure the lads who remain from that game would like to exact revenge.

Not sure what exactly was controversial about my post.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We were the better team that day and should have won. The penalty miss was a part of that and I'm sure the lads who remain from that game would like to exact revenge.

Not sure what exactly was controversial about my post.

Federici was outstanding that night for them, far and away their man of the match.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Any news on Bridge? Really would like to see him miss this game.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Bridge is on their subs bench

Reading FC ‏@ReadingFC 8m
#readingfc line up: McCarthy, Gunter, Kelly, Pearce, Morrison (C), Karacan, Guthrie, Williams, Drenthe, Le Fondre, Pogrebnyak

Reading FC ‏@ReadingFC 8m
#readingfc subs: Federici, Bridge, Gorkss, Akpan, Robson-Kanu, McAnuff, Blackman

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports