Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading (SAT) & QPR (TUES) at the Amex

How many points from next TWO games (Reading and QPR)

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've said it before and I'll say it again, every single two match poll posted like this always results in 4 points being the most popular. A combination of rose tinted glasses and not being too optimistic. And I've posted this before voting, but will be voiting for 4 points, again! :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've said it before and I'll say it again, every single two match poll posted like this always results in 4 points being the most popular. A combination of rose tinted glasses and not being too optimistic. And I've posted this before voting, but will be voiting for 4 points, again! :)

Well I now feel like a total cock, six points? Really?

I think we'll draw both and we'll have to depend on Wigan and Forest slipping up to stay in play-off race. Alas I don't see Oscar trying to win either game until the second half, LuaLua/extra striker on afers 65 mins, etc etc you know the drill. As ever, would love Oscar and co to throw this back in my face with two spanking wins.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Would be happy with two 1-Nils :albion2:

Keeps the season very much going, and hopefully not mid-table mediocrite for us, with the play-offs still very much in sight!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If we could only win one, who would people rather it was against? A couple of weeks ago the answer would definitely have been Reading, but I'm now thinking it is QPR. Playing only for sixth place is a VERY dangerous game, as if a single other team between sixth and tenth has a great finish we will miss out. I think the only way we are going to get in the play-offs is for one of the long-time top five to move back towards the pack. Forest and QPR look like the two contenders, so I would now rather beat QPR in order to make fifth place a realistic option.

Interesting one.

Beating QPR would probably edge it for me, for several reasons. Firstly: Redknapp, one of football's most irritating characters in my humble opinion. Secondly, because they've spent millions and millions on a squad that is ridiculous by Championship standards, and which should by rights be walking this league. The fact that they aren't is both extremely satisfying and very funny, and to drag them further away from the automatic promotion slots that they really should be sitting on top of, would please me greatly. Thirdly, it's a midweek game, and our midweek record has been pretty appalling since we've moved to the Amex, so another win under the lights following on from the Leeds victory would help exorcise that particular ghost.

Obviously I'd take a win against either, but if you offered me the choice, I would very marginally express a preference for watching that saggy faced old shyster fuming away on the touchline and having to hastily invent a list of excuses as to why his (down to the bare bones, for sure) squad have let him down again (it won't be his fault, as we all know).

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I think we'll draw both and we'll have to depend on Wigan and Forest slipping up to stay in play-off race. Alas I don't see Oscar trying to win either game until the second half, LuaLua/extra striker on afers 65 mins, etc etc you know the drill. As ever, would love Oscar and co to throw this back in my face with two spanking wins.

I also think we'll draw both, but I don't agree with your point about waiting till the 65th minute to try and win the game. Away from home - yes, I believe Oscar does have that kind of mentality, although not completely set in stone that he does it in every game at an exact moment. At the Amex, however, I think he looks for the win from the off, it's just for a variety of reasons that it hasn't materialised in a win by a big margin. Take Saturday's opponents as one example, we battered them in the FA Cup game earlier in the season and deserved to win by 3 or 4 goals, but we just couldn't finish. If we perform like we did that day I'd fancy our chances on Saturday, what worries me is a backlash from Reading after failing to beat a 8/9 man Yeovil team, thus my prediction of a draw.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That said, I've just seen this again, and....ooooh, it's a tough one...

file.jpg

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Lets face it, we couldn't have picked a better time to play either. There are too many things wrong at both clubs at the moment. So I think we'll beat Reading comfortably and then squeeze past QPR, and we'll start to look very well placed. Jesse will score three goals in these two games.

And then Sadkins and Arry will both get sacked. :cheers:

This delicious scenario is the dream, yet it wouldn't be an enormous surprise if at least two of those five things fell in to place. There are a lot of recent owners who are getting very jumpy, and increasingly so.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And then Sadkins and Arry will both get sacked. :cheers:

Wouldn't that be BRILLIANT? :cheers:

(I don't think it will happen, as Reading would still be about where they expect to be, and I'm not sure what would be achieved by binning that smug Scouse buffoon at this stage, but it's an amusing thought nonetheless).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
There should really be two questions here. Which match do we want to win most for football reasons? And which of the two opposing managers do we most want to see trudge down the Amex tunnel after being played off the park? After all, while I agree with you about Harry, you mustn't forget the remarkable bellendery of Nigel. It's a tough one.

I'm still saying I want to beat QPR most for league table reasons, and I think I'd also rather see Harry lose than Nigel, purely because it's becoming quite funny to see him squirm so much as he desperately tries to cling to his job, which is reportedly under threat. Check out his entirely without substance "We will still get promoted this season - I have no doubt" claim from the weekend, or last week's "There is no chance of me getting the sack" quotes. I've nothing at all against either club, but with all that money failure to go up is going to look infinitely worse for Harry than it is Nigel this season.

Given the sagginess of one, and the bellendery of the other, can't we just finish them both off. Can't think of many better win doubles. Although there's always the option of turning that into a treble, and waving bye-bye to Forest and Davies. 180.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Gone for two draws, probably both 0-0 like the last time we played these two. Weird coincidence that it's the same sequence as the away games.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
March Fixtures

QPR

Brum, BHA, Sheff Wed, Middlesbrough Away
Wigan, Blackpool Home
Blackpool H

Wigan

Sheff Wed, Yeovil, Watford all at Home
Ipswich, QPR, Bolton Away

Forest

Barnsley, Middlesbrough, Derby, Ipswich all Away
Donny and Charlton Home

Reading

BHA, Leeds, Birmingham Away
Derby, Barnsley, Huddersfield Home

The Albion Play Bolton, & Wednesday Away no points last season, lets hope for better return this time, and play our nemesis at home Middlesbrough, tohether with QPR, Reading & Ipswich, tough ask.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Given the sagginess of one, and the bellendery of the other, can't we just finish them both off. Can't think of many better win doubles. Although there's always the option of turning that into a treble, and waving bye-bye to Forest and Davies. 180.

Good use of the word. There really is a good argument for this to go into the next edition of the Oxford English Dictionary.

Bellendery(n.)(Eng.:slang)
(1) to display the behaviour or characteristics of a bellend
(2) behaviour or characteristic(s) typified by occupants of the western end ["Bell End"] of Fratton Park Stadium (see also: twats)

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
yeh i know that but if we want to be taken seriously we will have to win them both

If we get 4 points from the 2 games then 6 wins and 3 draws from our last 12 games will give us 74 points, which is nearly always enough to get into the Play offs

So we don't need to win both games at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here