Reading "hooligans"

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Who cares about snide remarks from Oxford or Bristol Rovers fans? We've been there and will never forget the hard times and now we fully enjoy the stadium and standard of football and would certainly not want to swap back to what you have.

Thankfully many of your fans will hopefully get the new, or finished grounds that their long suffering deserves and don't begrudge us ours.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
sound pathetic ....as does relying on stewards to get them to shut up ....bit like calling for prefects @ school

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
READING hooligans??

Monocle-man_545.gif

Does Sir jolly well want some? Well, does one wish to come and have a go?

I might actually get that as a tattoo ...thanks for posting

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Have never been rivals.

No offence but this is complete rubbish. Oxford are one of Reading's most bitter rivals historically.

Reading still sing about how they hate Oxford - even on Saturday the old and boring "we hate Oxford United" was wheeled out. Reading FC nearly ceased to exist in the 80's thanks to the (thankfully failed) merger of the two clubs.

Even now if you ever try to post a swear word on the Reading fan site hobnob it is automatically censored to oxf*rd.

I can't see that you've been supporting Oxford for long if you aren't aware of this history. It's been like Brighton/Palace in the past when Reading/Oxford were comparable teams.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
F me, he's never going to grow up is he. 49 now and still at it. His kids must be so proud to have a dad who not only has been convicted multiple times for football hooliganism but who was also at one time the only British member of the KKK.

I would love it for his son to come out as gay and bring home a black boyfriend.

Im sure you would...this isnt a cottaging forum despite what you may have heard

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
No offence but this is complete rubbish. Oxford are one of Reading's most bitter rivals historically.

Reading still sing about how they hate Oxford - even on Saturday the old and boring "we hate Oxford United" was wheeled out. Reading FC nearly ceased to exist in the 80's thanks to the (thankfully failed) merger of the two clubs.

Even now if you ever try to post a swear word on the Reading fan site hobnob it is automatically censored to oxf*rd.

I can't see that you've been supporting Oxford for long if you aren't aware of this history. It's been like Brighton/Palace in the past when Reading/Oxford were comparable teams.

I concur.

Although it is not really a surprise as Dreaming Spires or Spires Dreaming has spouted complete twaddle whenever he/she has sporadically shown their face.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Reading are an absolute non-entity in every respect. Put them in the same bracket as MK Dons, Wigan and Colchester. Clubs that the world could seriously do without, they bring absolutely nothing to the table. The fact they have individuals willing to put themselves up as lads is simply staggering.

Wigan are tidy mate

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Yep. Southampton 86 and Arsenal 88 anyone? And those were just games I was old (and lucky) enough to be in the North at the Goldstone for. I bet they were nothing on 1983.

Southampton 86 and Arsenal 88 were both amazing for me. I was a teenager in the Northstand for both and will never forget it.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Trust me, Bushy. I don't say that without a bit of frustration myself. I know a few older fans understand how the FA cup use to be, but unfortunately how football culture in some sense has developed over the past decade, it's to be expected.

I have to give credit to the SWC lot though, looks like in a season's time that corner could be rocking. But it's going to take a while and a change in legislation to get the atmospheres of yesteryear. Hopefully a review into safestanding will happen, chanting and creating an atmosphere from a seated position is a lot different from standing in the away end.

go on my son ! Im shifting from north to south permantly

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
His lordship was incognito yesterday, dressed as a 2nd hand car dealer. I believe he may have smuggled someone in, inside his coat and stood on their shoulders.
He was in good form and a great day was had by all.

Who is this you are referring to?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

:thumbsup:
Thanks for putting the record straight here.
That Dreaming Spires or whatever he calls himself today sounds a complete fake.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Tan coat/jacket boy was just a poseur, about as scary as a rice pudding.

What was very funny was the chubby 20 year old in a tracksuit top from the cheap side of the eighties. Purple body, with pink stripes down the arms, teamed up with, wait for it, GINGER hair!

Nowt wrong with being a redhead, but just mentally picture the look........so wrong.

Purple pink AND orange an absolute faux pas

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports