Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading (H) moved back to Saturday 25th Feb

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
How about saying no, and then going through with the threat, rather than capitulating. It won't happen at Brighton because it's about the money, and he can prove that it doesn't reduce the numbers of tickets sold, so he'll keep doing it, and we'll have the same conversations each time. Doesn't stop it being frustrating, annoying, and anti-fan

Www.oldfootballshirts.com

For which, not for the first time this past few weeks, you're blaming the wrong person.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For which, not for the first time this past few weeks, you're blaming the wrong person.

The re-rearrangement aside, do you feel it's acceptable to not provide any explanation and/or apology?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Damn and blast. I was pleased it had been moved to the Friday to give me time to recover for the Brighton half on Sunday. 5:30 kickoff is even worse from that point of view than the original 3pm time.
#BarberOut

Recover from watching a football match?

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Recover from watching a football match?

Sometimes I drink quite a lot before and afterwards. My choice, I know, but had it been on Friday, I could have indulged with little risk to my performance in the half marathon. As it's 5.30 on Saturday, I will pretty much have to abstain.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sometimes I drink quite a lot before and afterwards. My choice, I know, but had it been on Friday, I could have indulged with little risk to my performance in the half marathon. As it's 5.30 on Saturday, I will pretty much have to abstain.

Oh I see, I would need about 5 days to recover after the amount I drink on a Saturday home match day.:)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Bollocks - it's only a half marathon. Don't worry about it, you'll sweat it out in no time. It's only after the race you'll feel grim as the dehydration sets in

You're welcome :cheers:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Without me having to ask, PB kindly dropped me an email earlier today to help explain this change. Copy and pasted below:

- this was NOT a request from Sky; it was a request from the EFL
- to be clear, we were not obliged to accept the further change, but we did so to avoid a further Friday night fixture for fans as we’ve been told by many supporters that Saturday fixtures are preferable to Fridays…
- clearly, we don’t know if there are going to be rail strikes at this time (to be honest, it’s easier for us getting extra buses/P & R facilities on Friday nights than Saturdays) but hopefully we wont have an issue by then
- and, whilst a second date/time change on a live game is almost unprecedented, with more than 2 months before the fixture it comes with plenty of warning and hopefully minimal inconvenience to supporters
- we can only apologise if it does inconvenience anyone but we’ve taken a decision to suit what we believe to be the vast majority of our fans based on the feedback we’ve received previously
- unfortunately, we don’t get a choice when original TV selection dates are made so when we do get an unexpected option to better suit fans, we’ve taken it…

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Without me having to ask, PB kindly dropped me an email earlier today to help explain this change. Copy and pasted below:

- to be clear, we were not obliged to accept the further change, but we did so to avoid a further Friday night fixture for fans as we’ve been told by many supporters that Saturday fixtures are preferable to Fridays…
- clearly, we don’t know if there are going to be rail strikes at this time (to be honest, it’s easier for us getting extra buses/P & R facilities on Friday nights than Saturdays) but hopefully we wont have an issue by then
- and, whilst a second date/time change on a live game is almost unprecedented, with more than 2 months before the fixture it comes with plenty of warning and hopefully minimal inconvenience to supporters
- we can only apologise if it does inconvenience anyone but we’ve taken a decision to suit what we believe to be the vast majority of our fans based on the feedback we’ve received previously
- unfortunately, we don’t get a choice when original TV selection dates are made so when we do get an unexpected option to better suit fans, we’ve taken it…
Thanks very much Mr Barber and BHAFC! Love Saturday football!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

:thumbsup:
#Barberin

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

#BarberbackINagain

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

so why wasn't the explanation in the article advising of the change?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Loads of credit to Paul Barber for avoiding more Friday Rail Misery.

At least on Saturday there is an extra 2:15 hours to get home.

I'm a big fan of Friday football, but only when the railways in Sussex are fit for purpose.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Loads of credit to Paul Barber for avoiding more Friday Rail Misery.

At least on Saturday there is an extra 2:15 hours to get home.

I'm a big fan of Friday football, but only when the railways in Sussex are fit for purpose.

Me too but they are not and should be avoided at all costs.

Im convinced that PB had something to do with this in the background as he has said himself he is on various panels and whats the ****ing point if you dont have any influence.

I know there is a contract. I know we have to fulfil it and I know they would rather us than say Rotherham (sorry Rotherham) but at the moment, until further notice it HAS to be Sats or Sundays. You cannot rely on Southern after about 8pm weekdays esp with the drivers working to rule as well

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Ohhhhh, ooooohhhh, oooooohhhhh, ooooohhhh, I'll be at that match.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Works for me, feel sorry for those that get screwed by changes though

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here