Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading FC co-chairwoman has written the Royals a new club anthem

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought the Reading chairmanladywife was that Russian lingerie model; has the "legitimate businessman" sold up ?
Yep. Long gone. Happily leaving the 55k a week russian striker on the books.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm genuinely excited to hear this; I know it's easy to sneer, but she obviously wants to do something to support the team and I'm willing to play it with a straight bat. Piss-taking is one thing (and the chances are this will deserve every bit of piss taking it gets), but fans shouldn't feel embarrassed about these types of things (see also "Where are you" and the Michael Jackson statue). First and foremost, they are thoroughly amusing, and we should embrace them as such.

I have a feeling even the Leeds fans will shut up and listen to it, out of sheer intrigue.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Amongst some of the horrified Reading comments...

"It'll be a little cringey, but anyone getting upset or 'embarrassed' about it should probably address the massive insecurity issues that they obviously have"

"I think she should do it and i think we should all get behind her, clap wildly etc, and give her a rignt old cheer. Good on you Sassima, great to see owners with genuine passion amd will to succeed. It may (will) be a bit cringy but so what. Pull your neanderthal heads out of your arses for once and show the lady the respect she deserves"

"They played the song on BBCRB this morning. It's actually not too bad and she seems to be a good song writer. I'm well behind her if she wants to (and well within her rights) sing it for us, then good on her. It's potentially time people stop being so critical about "something different" when almost monthly on here people whinge about the atmosphere."

Wow.
I'm pretty sure if BHA was subjected to something like this, the universal backlash on here would truly be something to behold. Yet quite a few of them seem ok about it.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
For the first time ever, I'm seriously considering signing up to another club's forum. I just feel that that song needs celebrating with the lucky recipients.

With apologies for self-quoting:

Right - my account is set up and active. The trick I want to achieve is to gently ramp up the piss-taking. I'm aiming to get a ban for it in the 4-7 day window, so I don't want to go in all guns blazing. I think a day or so of ambiguity would be a decent way to start. You know - something that in hindsight is clearly taking the piss, but when first read seems as though it might just be serious.

Anyone interested in helping craft a first post?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They can play it instead of the highly relevant 'Sweet Caroline', I suppose.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I offered to send The Tilehurst End (their fanzine style website) some vodka and a shotgun. One of their writers just wants the shotgun.

SAC

May 21, 2014

Right - my account is set up and active. The trick I want to achieve is to gently ramp up the piss-taking. I'm aiming to get a ban for it in the 4-7 day window, so I don't want to go in all guns blazing. I think a day or so of ambiguity would be a decent way to start. You know - something that in hindsight is clearly taking the piss, but when first read seems as though it might just be serious.

:tumble:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

How about asking them if anyone knows the timings for the rap section, as you're really keen to be able to join in for the first airing?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

Pretend you are part of the hipster team putting the music together. Give yourself a silly DJ name.

I dare you.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
At least former owner John Madejski ( he'll be man-in-horrendous-syrup standing next to Lady Chairperson, raising eyes heavenward and silently mouthing "what have I DONE?" ) will be greatly relieved that former squeeze Cilla won't be around to witness it.

Worse still, she might have been invited to SING the bloody thing.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011

It also appears Reading fans have forgotten they are not in the Premier League anymore........

--------------------------------------------------

 by genome » 13 Aug 2015 18:57

--------------------------------------------------
bobby1413 wrote:

genome wrote:Oh god it's going to be on TV

Is it?
------------------------------------------------
Thought it was on Sky hence Sunday. That's a relief.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/view...sid=1d882d68ff67906fe878e2555c75357b&start=80

'Why do Brighton care about us so much?

It's rather sad. Like some guy that went on a couple of dates with a chick way above his league, then gets all stalky and looks at her fb pictures all the time, even though she's already forgotten his name.'

Hahahahaha

:lolol:

Does any other club give us so many reasons to laugh at them?

And the clowns are still baffled on that thread as to why :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here