Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading efl tickets

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
If true what a kick in the teeth for the club. They price the game attractively and then barely anyone bothers to turn up, they'll think twice about reducing the prices so drastically next time as a goodwill gesture to our supporters if take up is so poor.

What do they expect? It's basically a reserve game (our choice) with no transport in a competition nobody cares about.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm going to do my bit for the attendance and buy 2 (two) tickets shortly.

Are you though? Or are you going to mooch around online looking at other more interesting things, and then remember late on this afternoon, just as you board a train? :)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
If true what a kick in the teeth for the club. They price the game attractively and then barely anyone bothers to turn up, they'll think twice about reducing the prices so drastically next time as a goodwill gesture to our supporters if take up is so poor.

Hardly a kick in the teeth is it?

Potentially the least inspiring draw against a team we've played numerous times in recent years, no real travel options (and the added cost of them on top of the ticket), and the cup isn't our priority.

I'd much rather chuck the £20/30 i'd spend towards an away game in the league. Seemingly others are the same, or have better things to spend their money on.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
But that was pretty much our first team. When nearly all Championship teams play their reserves, it is a massively devalued competition. I would be in favour of scrapping it and making teams play most of their first team players in the FA Cup. Both cups are devalued at the moment with teams making large changes but the league cup is a shambles. Very sad it has come to this but when I can't be bothered to make the effort transport wise then you know something is wrong.

I hear what you are saying but we have a big squad and everyone needs competitive game time. If we always play the first eleven then the others won't be ready when needed. There is squad rotation even for league games so the cup provides further opportunity to make even more radical changes.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Going tonight, trying a different seat for a change. Getting home back to Shoreham is the only slight concern.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I hear what you are saying but we have a big squad and everyone needs competitive game time. If we always play the first eleven then the others won't be ready when needed. There is squad rotation even for league games so the cup provides further opportunity to make even more radical changes.
Spoken like a true manager. The simple fact is that there is so much money involved in getting promotion that 11 changes is the norm. And this competitive game time is against other players that need competitive game time. Whilst it is nice that younger players can get a go, it is little more than the old reserve league. The best we can hope for if we win is that we get to see Man U, City or Chelsea reserves. Probably against our reserves. Very sad for a cup that used to be quite prestigious. And the FA Cup is going the same way. Teams aren't going to change so I don't see the point in a lame duck competition.

I mean, Colchester made 7 changes against us. When they can't be bothered then you know the competition has problems. They don't have the shining prize of the Premier League to distract them but still can't be arsed.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Are you though? Or are you going to mooch around online looking at other more interesting things, and then remember late on this afternoon, just as you board a train? :)

Other interesting things online? WFH?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Spoken like a true manager. The simple fact is that there is so much money involved in getting promotion that 11 changes is the norm. And this competitive game time is against other players that need competitive game time. Whilst it is nice that younger players can get a go, it is little more than the old reserve league. The best we can hope for if we win is that we get to see Man U, City or Chelsea reserves. Probably against our reserves. Very sad for a cup that used to be quite prestigious. And the FA Cup is going the same way. Teams aren't going to change so I don't see the point in a lame duck competition.

I mean, Colchester made 7 changes against us. When they can't be bothered then you know the competition has problems. They don't have the shining prize of the Premier League to distract them but still can't be arsed.

the lad from West Brom, Goldson, Hunemeier all need game time.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
the lad from West Brom, Goldson, Hunemeier all need game time.
And great that they will get it. But that means the league cup is now a competition for 'people who need game time'.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And great that they will get it. But that means the league cup is now a competition for 'people who need game time'.

Would be interesting to see what happened if we got through, say, the next two rounds. Would the players that got us that far in the competition suddenly be ditched in favour of the first team first choices? Or would players get to keep the EFL shirt?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

But as we have 2 decent players for each position, we will see a much better quality of 'reserve' than in years gone by. Clough described our bench as 'frightening' on Saturday. If you go tonight then likely to see a number of very decent players. Reading very likely to play reserves too. Our reserves are better than theirs.

I went to Oxford and it was a very entertaining game, players looking to prove themselves.

One for the proper fans, get down there if you can.
https://www.seagullstickets.com/en-...=Safetynet&h=05508594f3e9c759e079a6468114c3a7

PG

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Would be interesting to see what happened if we got through, say, the next two rounds. Would the players that got us that far in the competition suddenly be ditched in favour of the first team first choices? Or would players get to keep the EFL shirt?

Hughton said yesterday he has an open mind on this. If we get a PL draw, I think he will play a strong team.

PG

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I think we have had this a couple of times and we have gone with the 'bit stronger' plan. I'm sure I heard someone say that the winners got a Champions League spot but that would appear to be wrong as they get 3rd qualifying round Europa League spot so PL teams won't bother either. All very, very sad but no money in it means that no teams really bother trying that hard.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
But as we have 2 decent players for each position, we will see a much better quality of 'reserve' than in years gone by. Clough described our bench as 'frightening' on Saturday. If you go tonight then likely to see a number of very decent players. Reading very likely to play reserves too. Our reserves are better than theirs.

I went to Oxford and it was a very entertaining game, players looking to prove themselves.

One for the proper fans, get down there if you can.
https://www.seagullstickets.com/en-...=Safetynet&h=05508594f3e9c759e079a6468114c3a7

PG
My argument isn't so much about the quality of players so much as the state of the competition. If ST ran a coach then I would go, if they didn't run a coach but we were playing Man U reserves then I would probably go. But regardless of how much stronger our reserves are now than they used to be, it is still essentially Brighton reserves v Reading reserves in what used to be a prestigious competition. And that makes me sad.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
£12 parking making the price £24 if you only have cardboard cut out mates.

SASTA too dodgy to rely on if there is penalties.

No Park and Ride.

Limited Seagulls Travel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here