Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading efl tickets

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Cracking night indeed. A fair few years ago however.

My favourite memory was of celebrating one of the goals by running into the aisle to get a bit closer, only to have the surge from behind that pushed me onto the edge of the pitch and over the advertising board!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Clubs like Norwich etc get decent crowds to watch their squad players. Not sure why WE devalue it so obviously. Should have opened the North from the start and sorted out some travel.
They got 10000 for Coventry. Not brilliant considering their location and lack of trouble in transport terms.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Reading supporting work colleague says they've shifted more than 300 so far for tonights game.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
That would make it MORE than last years LEAGUE game for them.

Surely that's a first?

Always been a good cup side though, so perhaps this one has caught their imagination more than the league fixture and also the ticket prices make it far more attractive to come.

I always like a decent away audeince, adds to the atmosphere.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The league cup should be scrapped. I've been saying it for years. It's so devalued.

One of my favourite games at Withdean, was knocking Man City out of the cup, 2-2, on penalties. Their fans were great, singing 'Can we buy a ground for you'.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Reading supporting work colleague says they've shifted more than 300 so far for tonights game.
Prediction: 300 Reading fans will be annoyingly noisy in an 85% empty Amex.

Where will they be? E1H or S1C...?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
One of my favourite games at Withdean, was knocking Man City out of the cup, 2-2, on penalties. Their fans were great, singing 'Can we buy a ground for you'.
But that was pretty much our first team. When nearly all Championship teams play their reserves, it is a massively devalued competition. I would be in favour of scrapping it and making teams play most of their first team players in the FA Cup. Both cups are devalued at the moment with teams making large changes but the league cup is a shambles. Very sad it has come to this but when I can't be bothered to make the effort transport wise then you know something is wrong.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Bring. It. On.

Last 16 the prize.

This is the spirit. Would love to see us come through this and then got a plun draw, Chelsea or Man u t home in front of a record Amex audience.

:clap:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Prediction: 300 Reading fans will be annoyingly noisy in an 85% empty Amex.

Where will they be? E1H or S1C...?

Its not going to be c5K attendance (ie: 15% of capacity).
There was c7K for the first round v Colchester so i guess nudging 10K at least tonight.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But that was pretty much our first team. When nearly all Championship teams play their reserves, it is a massively devalued competition. I would be in favour of scrapping it and making teams play most of their first team players in the FA Cup. Both cups are devalued at the moment with teams making large changes but the league cup is a shambles. Very sad it has come to this but when I can't be bothered to make the effort transport wise then you know something is wrong.

I agree. I'm getting a lift home tonight, or else I would find it difficult myself.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Its not going to be c5K attendance (ie: 15% of capacity).
There was c7K for the first round v Colchester so i guess nudging 10K at least tonight.
Completely wrong. I can't be bothered to count them up exactly (and it is impossible to know exactly which seats have sold in any case) but we appear to have sold less than 1500 in ESL and less than 2000 in WSL.

Including 300 Reading, current sold tickets are probably around 3,500. No idea how many 1901 there are, or how many will turn up, but guess at actual crowd of below 5K ("pretendance" obviously will be higher).

The travel problem is a huge factor.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Completely wrong. I can't be bothered to count them up exactly (and it is impossible to know exactly which seats have sold in any case) but we appear to have sold less than 1500 in ESL and less than 2000 in WSL.

Including 300 Reading, current sold tickets are probably around 3,500. No idea how many 1901 there are, or how many will turn up, but guess at actual crowd of below 5K ("pretendance" obviously will be higher).

Yes. Although less of an issue if the fewer than 5K are turning up.

If it is less than 5K it will be the smallest ever attendance for a competitive match at the Amex.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Based on what you say, this would lead to an attendance of 6,500 - 7,000, assuming all c3,000 1901ers are counted as attending.

In some ways the Colchester fixture maybe have been more attractive as it was the first game of the season.

I'm going to do my bit for the attendance and buy 2 (two) tickets shortly.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

If true what a kick in the teeth for the club. They price the game attractively and then barely anyone bothers to turn up, they'll think twice about reducing the prices so drastically next time as a goodwill gesture to our supporters if take up is so poor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here