Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading ’celebrations’

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
At first they were celebrating because they thought forest had equalised, apparently somebody in the crowd shouted "2-2!!", and people assumed they were talking about our game, but they were actually talking about the Birmingham game. Then the club put the full time scores on the screens and made them look really stupid :lol:

That's right. Apparently radio five cut to the forest game just as the radio Nottingham commentator was announcing the final reading score. Problem was all the reading fans heard was that the game had ended 2-2 and they assumed it was our game he was talking about.

That is great. Bloody brilliant. The best part of that is the fat old man with the beard, blue shirt and cap standing there goading the Burnley fans.

Oh and skip to 1.50 for the part where the faces just drop.

I thought he was a member of ZZ Top or at the very least a tribute band. The bit around the 2' mark when the camera swivels round to the score on the big screen is wondrous.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

My favourite bit is about 1.45 where one Reading fan stops to give the Burnley fans some gestures, but had his programme with him so had to stop, put it between his knees and hold his knees together tightly. Really undermines his threat. That and the fact he appears to be doing that fist clap thing from Friends.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They knew Ulloa had scored but someone started a rumour that Forest had equalised, which is why they thought they were in the playoffs.

Did the Reading game end, and their pitch invasion start, both prior to Ulloa's goal?

From what someone said on the Reading forum it was some woman exclaiming '2-2' that started it... Trouble was she was talking about the Brum game :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
My favourite bit is about 1.45 where one Reading fan stops to give the Burnley fans some gestures, but had his programme with him so had to stop, put it between his knees and hold his knees together tightly. Really undermines his threat. That and the fact he appears to be doing that fist clap thing from Friends.

:lolol: :lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I love this thread. Reading simply can't get away from the fact they are a tin pot outfit.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thank god Reading didn't score from that downward header which was literally straight after Ulloa scored otherwise it would've been us getting laughed at! (Admittedly not on the same scale as this 'fake' one!)

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
So glad I opened this thread. Reading:lolol:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
All we have to do now is **** it up against Derby and we can be enjoying Readings warm welcome back next season. adkins will still be there with his shiteating grin and maximus hairdo...dying to turn us over in his gloating way.

Imagine a Tuesday nighter at the Mad with that lot of goons singing about 106. Christ. I couldn't stand it.

A prayer to the god of football. Please spare us that lord. We've suffered enough these last few years. I'd rather be getting spanked by Liverpool and Arsenal than playing in shitholes like reading and blackburn for ANOTHER season...please.

That's one amazingly entertaining video and I'm usually no fan of Herr S Freude

Dec 29, 2011
All we have to do now is **** it up against Derby and we can be enjoying Readings warm welcome back next season. adkins will still be there with his shiteating grin and maximus hairdo...dying to turn us over in his gloating way.

Imagine a Tuesday nighter at the Mad with that lot of goons singing about 106. Christ. I couldn't stand it.

A prayer to the god of football. Please spare us that lord. We've suffered enough these last few years. I'd rather be getting spanked by Liverpool and Arsenal than playing in shitholes like reading and blackburn for ANOTHER season...please.

Need another song of similar quality to 'groupon' should we meet them again next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here