Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading ’celebrations’

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Remember that Mansfield FA cup game at Withdean? I left on about 85 minutes in a right strop and as I got the bus back into town an old boy came up to my sons and me and said "haven't you heard? Brighton equalised!" I was over the moon, singing on the bus and all the way home. People giving me funny looks but I didn't care. And when I got home I found out the old boy was fibbing, I was devastated. I hated him, really hated him in that moment. Still do.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not read the whole thread but has the irony of Reading fans thinking they were in the playoffs only to find out that we had scored late been mentioned in this thread? Wilkins late late free kick halted the champagne popping at Barnsley. Wilkins, as assistant to Adkins found the boot on the other foot yesterday...

They knew Ulloa had scored but someone started a rumour that Forest had equalised, which is why they thought they were in the playoffs.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Did the Reading game end, and their pitch invasion start, both prior to Ulloa's goal?

No, there was some footage where they knew we had scored but were still playing but I think the pitch invasion was caused by a belief Forest had equalised.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Anyone got videos of you lot after the 0-0 at Selhurst?

likewise...any footage of your Ultras top boys giving it large to the mums and dads at the recent under-18s game in Beckenham rather than go drinking pre-match around Plaistow and Upton Park? Re-defining the away day experience and no mistake. We could all learn from that.

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
Were they actually celebrating, or protesting?

At first they were celebrating because they thought forest had equalised, apparently somebody in the crowd shouted "2-2!!", and people assumed they were talking about our game, but they were actually talking about the Birmingham game. Then the club put the full time scores on the screens and made them look really stupid :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here