Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading and Real Mallorca have offered contracts to Lopez

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Hi guys, Reading fan in peace. We've not heard anything about this over our way, so presumably it's all BS so I don't think y'all have got anything to worry about.

While I'm here, there seems to be a lot of h8 towards Reading, which is odd, because a lot of our fans seem to quite like you lot. What's the craic there, apart from you thinking we're a teapot club?

I think we are all feeling a bit para at the moment with all that's going on and we loved Bridge, we felt there might be some loyalty towards us as we gave his career the springboard it needed but I should know better! Adkins at the helm does not make the relationship any better, he was totally out of order towards our club when we won div 1 a few years back.

LoyalRoyal

Jun 25, 2013
I'm not a WUM but I had to join to retort some of the comments on here at the moment.

So much hate here for a "passionless, soulless football clubs in an identikit stadium that are just too boring for anybody to form any sort of rivalry with". Personally, I don't care if we 'nick' your Spanish Dave or not. We scouted over 900 games this season and have plenty of targets of our own without having to hover around your squad. If you lost players in the past then it takes two to tango. If a player wants to stay he'll stay. What's more, despite your larger catchment area and thus larger following, we're actually very similar clubs in lots of ways and we have much more passion than you realise.

We lost many of our best players to rivals in the past, and we are rivals now (well this season anyway) and it hurts, but seriously? I always used to like BHA, but really looking forward to doing the double now...with passion and soul!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not a WUM but I had to join to retort some of the comments on here at the moment.

So much hate here for a "passionless, soulless football clubs in an identikit stadium that are just too boring for anybody to form any sort of rivalry with". Personally, I don't care if we 'nick' your Spanish Dave or not. We scouted over 900 games this season and have plenty of targets of our own without having to hover around your squad. If you lost players in the past then it takes two to tango. If a player wants to stay he'll stay. What's more, despite your larger catchment area and thus larger following, we're actually very similar clubs in lots of ways and we have much more passion than you realise.

We lost many of our best players to rivals in the past, and we are rivals now (well this season anyway) and it hurts, but seriously? I always used to like BHA, but really looking forward to doing the double now...with passion and soul!

That's the spirit, please don't feel like you want to like us, it definitely won't be reciprocated. The games will have a cracking atmosphere and depending on where we both are in the league you might well be hearing lots of comments about "Keeping Up" too :lolol: (Adkins on going banter)

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
Ive a very good feeling David will be staying. The Oscar factor will be strong.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London

Larger catchment area ? I went to the Madejski on boxing day a while back and the stadium was rocking so would disagree there's no passion there. The parachute payments put Reading in a much stronger financial position than us but as we know this does not mean its a guarantee to success. Lets not forget our old friend Gus Poyet met your chairman over a move before the play offs which was the beginning of the end. This massively rocked the boat imo

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I like Reading.

I like ALL of the old third division (south) clubs.

Look forward to seeing them again, and love it when we win.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oscar's first call:
"Ola Dave. See you at training on Thursday - it's going to be great"
"Gracias Oscar - can't wait. See you tomorrow - I'll bring my pen"

Ive a very good feeling David will be staying. The Oscar factor will be strong.

Lopez is a certainty now you would think :)

If stuff like this starts happening, then this could be one of the most exciting of summers!!

I will be forgetting the last 7 weeks very very quickly.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
There is one thing we forget about Reading - it guarantees us a mention on South Today at least twice during the coming season!

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I love reading, waiting for the latest Mo Hayder to arrive in the post and then I'll be on to the final Iain Banks......

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

vic_bob_handbags.jpg

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Larger catchment area ? I went to the Madejski on boxing day a while back and the stadium was rocking so would disagree there's no passion there. The parachute payments put Reading in a much stronger financial position than us but as we know this does not mean its a guarantee to success. Lets not forget our old friend Gus Poyet met your chairman over a move before the play offs which was the beginning of the end. This massively rocked the boat imo

Couldn't have been when Brighton played then.... I went and it was very quiet, usual goal music etc., but little else.

Can't stand Reading. Goes right back to us having to play in our away kit at The Goldstone. Arguably the luckiest team in the league...... going nowhere until Madjeski took them over, have ridden his finances and turned a perennial Division 3/4 team into a good championship team in the last 30 years, and they still can't fill their ground. Even when they fluked the win at The Amex 2 years ago and filled the away end, the fans were mouse-like. Disappointed Bridge went, but money talks....

The parking system makes Bennetts Field look efficient.

Oh and there's Adkins.

They'll most likely challenge, but I genuinely hope they struggle......

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I would be devastated if we lost Spanish Dave, if he DOES go I sure as well hope it isn't to another Championship club.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
While I'm here, there seems to be a lot of h8 towards Reading, which is odd, because a lot of our fans seem to quite like you lot. What's the craic there, apart from you thinking we're a teapot club?

I think the term is tin pot , Brighton label anyone they feel are beneath them with this term . They seem to hate a lot ATM its what I call little man syndrome . I hope you do well and I think you will go up probably passing us on the way :wave:

Ps beware of the major , if you don't fill your ground he will be on your case :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hi guys, Reading fan in peace. We've not heard anything about this over our way, so presumably it's all BS so I don't think y'all have got anything to worry about.

I think you need to remember this is NSC, a forum with it's own personality. Half our own support are called JCL's on here!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here