Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading and Real Mallorca have offered contracts to Lopez

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Steve Claridge said on Radio 5 live that Brighton is a much bigger club than Reading due to crowd and history etc

And he's right, but Reading have a manager, albeit Twatkins.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Still think he's too lightweight when you have him, Buckley and Orlandi in the same side.

Wouldn't mind him at right back though!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Still think he's too lightweight when you have him, Buckley and Orlandi in the same side.

Wouldn't mind him at right back though!

Yes but Buckley is injury prone and has been the majority of his playing career. David on the other hand gave s options in midfield and cover in defence.

Personally I think, like Norwich before them, reading can **** RIGHT OFF

D

Deleted member 18477

If Dave doesn't sign for us... We need to sign a new penalty taker. FFS!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
...and why the feck are we looking to sell players to a team that we may well be challenging for the premiershite this season?

Personally I would try and do what we can to keep the same team as last season.....even giving upson a contract.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
...and why the feck are we looking to sell players to a team that we may well be challenging for the premiershite this season?

Personally I would try and do what we can to keep the same team as last season.....even giving upson a contract.

Looking to sell? No. David is out of contract. Upson was on loan.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Is this the 'Spanish Dave' who disappeared from the start of the home game against Wolves and has not been seen since :drink:

Reading Dave

Jun 25, 2013
Hi guys, Reading fan in peace. We've not heard anything about this over our way, so presumably it's all BS so I don't think y'all have got anything to worry about.

While I'm here, there seems to be a lot of h8 towards Reading, which is odd, because a lot of our fans seem to quite like you lot. What's the craic there, apart from you thinking we're a teapot club?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I have second hand, although reliable info that Real Mallorca and Reading have offered contracts to David Lopez.

I don't know too much about the Reading offer although I would imagine Wayne Bridge will put a good word in. My info has actually come from the Spanish deal.

Lopez was offered a deal by the Spanish club before the end of last season. It was rejected in the hope of EPL football with Brighton. Aparently after the play off defeat and suspension of GP a new offer was made. In the last 2 weeks an offer has also been made by Reading.

It is thought that Lopez was waiting until our managerial situation was resolved before making a decision, however now it has been announced that our permenant manager won't be in place for another 3 weeks Lopez is not keen to wait another 3 weeks.

I don't really want to disclose my source but will if some goons are going to piss their pants about it.

Actually am starting to get a massive dislike for this club, they are turning into Norwich. I hope we hammer them home and away this season

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
While I'm here, there seems to be a lot of h8 towards Reading, which is odd, because a lot of our fans seem to quite like you lot. What's the craic there, apart from you thinking we're a teapot club?

Steve Coppell, Ingmarson (sp) Steve Sidwell, Wayne Bridge, allegedly sniffing around Spanish Dave

Pardew saying the best team didn't win the League One Championship after you were miles ahead and choked and we won it

Nicky Forster's handball goal

Should I go on :lolol:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I imagine Dave would love to work with Spanish coaches. :thumbsup:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hi guys, Reading fan in peace. We've not heard anything about this over our way, so presumably it's all BS so I don't think y'all have got anything to worry about.

Pardew from way back when and you stole Coppell (all be it we did need the money)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Probably down to the fact that anybody we go after Reading then chase and gazump us to get them as they dont appear to have any transfer targets they just wait to see ours. Plus you now have Adkins the physio as your manager and that is enough to turn anybody against you.

Reading Dave

Jun 25, 2013
Ah, so mainly down to Pards? We don't much like him either tbf. I don't remember the Forster handball, but I'm sure it was an accident.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Don't really care about Reading but Madejski was crying about his manager being enticed away while under contract then did precisely the same thing in appointing Coppell. And Pardew is/was a **** but that's not Reading's fault.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

I think it's more the town than the club. It's sort of Luton on Thames.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here