Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ v TB

Tone probably already eying up the Brentford manager to replace RDZ as we speak (type).
Doubt there are many other managers in the same ilk that would want to work with a team of youngsters. In the likely event Welbeck, Lallana and possibly Milner leave at the end of the season, we will by some margin have the youngest squad possibly ever in the PL next season

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It’s gonna happen. Clearly Roberto is pissed with “policy” at the Albion and our Tone will budge an inch. As much as I worship our Italian, he’ll be forced to go and I KNOW Mr Bloom won’t relent. Shame but everything we now marvel at is down to the owner and in him we should trust implicitly! When will it happen?
Methinks you’re reading far too much in to it - one interview.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I am with the OP here to be fair. It is only a matter of time before RDZs frustrations boil into something we won't to see.

He's an ambitious, competitive, fiery Italian. Managing this club according to our philosophy must be incredibly frustrating. Losing your best players and having to start again with new youngsters must be frustrating. Having massive voids emerge in the squad and having to work around it must be frustrating. We require a type of patience that most top managers simply won't have.

I don't think RDZ will be around for much longer TBH. Don't be surprised or feel too downhearted when he does go though, as it's probably just around the corner. We already have our next potential managers lined up.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I don’t like pile-ons so I’ll be more charitable to the OP. It’s clear that RDZ is feeling frustrated with some of the league results, and has made one or two comments recently that could be interpreted as concerns about the Bloom policy. Perhaps it’s just the OP and me who've felt a bit nervous about this. I wouldn’t necessarily have expressed myself in the same way as the OP but I’m willing to put my hand up and say that I too am a little bit anxious.

I’m hoping it’s just some measured posturing by Roberto ahead of the transfer window. I’m also certain that he’d do nothing rash before the end of this season. But if he received and accepted an offer from a freer spending club in the summer, I wouldn’t be surprised.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
If, as RDZ said, that playing and developing young players is the secret of the club and he has said multiple times that he is lucky to have such a good squad, why would he want or expect the club to change it's policy?
Nothing will change in this transfer window - if the club can find experienced players that meet the clubs criteria in all respects then they will sign them. January is not the best time for that though.

It’s gonna happen. Clearly Roberto is pissed with “policy” at the Albion and our Tone will budge an inch. As much as I worship our Italian, he’ll be forced to go and I KNOW Mr Bloom won’t relent. Shame but everything we now marvel at is down to the owner and in him we should trust implicitly! When will it happen?
Absolutely lost the plot.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I think the intensity RDZ gives to his work means he is at high risk of emotional burn out, so it will be no surprise to me if he does go before 2025. It will be a sad day but not really anyone's fault if that is the case. I very much doubt the club transfer policy will be the main cause of him leaving but we will never know the truth of the matter.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I don’t like pile-ons so I’ll be more charitable to the OP. It’s clear that RDZ is feeling frustrated with some of the league results, and has made one or two comments recently that could be interpreted as concerns about the Bloom policy. Perhaps it’s just the OP and me who've felt a bit nervous about this. I wouldn’t necessarily have expressed myself in the same way as the OP but I’m willing to put my hand up and say that I too am a little bit anxious.

I’m hoping it’s just some measured posturing by Roberto ahead of the transfer window. I’m also certain that he’d do nothing rash before the end of this season. But if he received and accepted an offer from a freer spending club in the summer, I wouldn’t be surprised.
I don't think it's even gentle posturing from him. He is very intense, mad about football, absolutely loves developing young talent (and is proud of his skill), and is also fiercely ambitious...would love to win Europa and also qualify for Champions League.
The develop-young-talent policy at Brighton feeds part of him,and may possibly prevent another ambition - it's just internal stress and balancing of these things, he flip flops, I love his intensity... it's all good 👍UTA.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I am with the OP here to be fair. It is only a matter of time before RDZs frustrations boil into something we won't to see.

He's an ambitious, competitive, fiery Italian. Managing this club according to our philosophy must be incredibly frustrating. Losing your best players and having to start again with new youngsters must be frustrating. Having massive voids emerge in the squad and having to work around it must be frustrating. We require a type of patience that most top managers simply won't have.

I don't think RDZ will be around for much longer TBH. Don't be surprised or feel too downhearted when he does go though, as it's probably just around the corner. We already have our next potential managers lined up.
RDZ presumably knew what he was signing up for and if the club have rowed back on the plan we get what we deserve. Not sure RDZ is blameless in this, we can’t concede in every game in the PL and expect to be finishing top 6/8.

Lets also be real - RDZ only real success as a coach is managing the equivalent of Man City in Ukraine, he’d be naive to get to big for his boots if he wants to go to the very top.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Nothing wrong with the opening post. It’s a genuine possibility.

However my take is it’s a manager publicly airing what most managers would be pushing for in his situation, more better players. Whether that really means they are in a different place I doubt I suspect he will have a view, the club will have a view and somewhere in the middle might be good enough for both to stay happy.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Nothing wrong with the opening post. It’s a genuine possibility.

However my take is it’s a manager publicly airing what most managers would be pushing for in his situation, more better players. Whether that really means they are in a different place I doubt I suspect he will have a view, the club will have a view and somewhere in the middle might be good enough for both to stay happy.

The original post while raising the same issue again that has been raised on multiple threads, did so in such a hyperbolic, chicken lickin’ way, suggesting not only that (the very un-intransigent) TB has now been so intransigent that it has ‘forced’ out one of the best managers the Club has ever had but this is also a fait accompli - basing this on a few pigeon English comments in a couple of pressers by an exhausted RDZ who has had to manage both the growing injury list whilst getting us through the Europa group. That is what was ridiculous interpretation of RDZ’s comments and why I suspect some merry-making was responsible for the somewhat ott wording and the maudlin tone of the post…

Last edited:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think the flame out at the end of the relationship will be epic and explosive. It's inevitable with a character like RDZ but part of his job is to challenge the club to expect more from itself and to improve. He sees a need for real investment in the team and every fan sees it too. Everyone wanted at least one full back in the summer and not many wanted to hear about Milner covering. It was a self-inflicted weakness which has been exposed and needs to be rectified in January.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
That is bollocks*.

That is, sadly, all too likely.

* It is still bollocks, even if RDZ decides that Poyet was right about 'ceilings'.
I hope you realise that my remarks were tongue-in-cheek. I doubt De Zerbi will do a Poyet, even if he does, we move on with an exciting squad of players.

It seems like only yesterday we were being beat by the likes of Tranmere and Rochdale. I for one, go into the new year with my glass half full.

By the way I like your posts

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Not all that relevant to the thread but I walked past RDZ in central Brighton today, pretty cool! I probably wouldn't have recognised him at a distance but the voice was unmistakeable as we passed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here