Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Maybe they were just relishing feeling the love of the Albion core support
serious-laugh-harder.gif

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Funnily enough, I believe 100% what RDZ said at his press conference ie he doesn't have a job to go to. Strikes me as an honest guy, and will retain that opinion until it's proved wrong

He probably could say that 100% truthfully at that point. Serie A isn’t finished yet and the managerial merry go round hasn’t started yet. Something could be in the pipeline without it being anything like a done deal.

I think it might be a bit disingenuous if he has something on the go but just not formalised yet, it would be factually correct though.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Funnily enough, I believe 100% what RDZ said at his press conference ie he doesn't have a job to go to. Strikes me as an honest guy, and will retain that opinion until it's proved wrong
I can't post the same gif again, can I?

To be clear, I don't think for a moment that De Zerbi ever straight up lies. That would be ridiculous. I like the guy.

I do think he has the knack for saying the truth in a way that football fans want to hear it.

Funnily enough, nobody ever thought Potter being open about his reaction to a bit of booing was a good thing, because that's not something anybody wants to hear. But it's a damn sight more honest than most of what we get from these interviews. It was also obviously a terrible idea to say it out loud.

I did find it funny that whenever De Zerbi pretty much straight up said he wasn't happy or might not be staying, suddenly his English was being dodgy again and he probably didn't mean it. Obvs. He always completely nailed the bit where he said he loved us all though.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I would expect there to be something due to the club if he takes a job before next season starts. Especially if it was a Premier League club.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He likes sunshine, so honestly can't see it being a PL job. Next stop Serie A, surely.
I wouldn't have thought a PL club next either, but I can't imagine TB letting him be available to any PL club without there being some hefty compensation to the club, whereas him taking a job in another league is less of a problem, and less likely to have significant compensation attached.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Does this really change anything? We have no idea what was said between RDZ & Tony. The conversations between them may have been around the idea that RDZ would stay with us if Tony could match his demands on transfers etc, but if not then he would be tempted with this mystery Italian job, & Tony has said no & that we'll take £5m instead of £12m to make it happen swiftly and allow us move on. It changes nothing except the fact the club is £5m richer than we thought it was yesterday.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why would we accept a reduced compensation fee? Not really TB and PBs style is it?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports