Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ becoming more pragmatic ?

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
As I said in my post above - Notts were playing a very high press at that point and we were in a low block absorbing hit after hit - they were right on top of us in and around the 18 yard box - there was no ‘back’ to speak of - and there was no space between the lines - therefore no time to play nice passing (and risky anyway) football from the back - and - our players were getting knackered, especially deep into injury time - you don’t risk counterattacks in that situation, you defend defend defend (IMO!) - we needed time to catch a breather which booting it long gave us - it was the right tactic I believe for the 15-20 minutes it was an issue,
You must be correct because that is what they did. But we are talking goal kicks here, and I seem to recall that NF did drop back for goal kicks. I could see hoofing it down the pitch if there are less than 5 minutes left but there were 25 minutes including the stoppage time. Oh well, this is just a matter of opinion which two reasonable people could disagree over.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Jõao Pedro then sat on the ground, seemingly uninjured, but just incapable of getting-up. His situation was not helped by us lot behind the goal screaming at him to get to the other end and defend.
He made a mistake of not just punting when he realized he was going to get caught. Putting the ball out of play would have been the best option.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What the f*** is soccer? ???
It's the game that Soccer Am was all about, and Soccer Saturday on Sky.

The original name to differentiate between soccer and rugger. Take into account, the poster you replied to, is American.
I'm pretty sure, without the inclination to look it up, that 'Soccer' is a phrase of English origin. I think it's still used abroad to differentiate between codes. Australia being the main example. In the Americans case for that strange rugby like game where they all where armour as opposed to muscle.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm pretty sure, without the inclination to look it up, that 'Soccer' is a phrase of English origin?I think it's still used abroad to differentiate between codes. Australia being the main example. In the Americans case for that strange rugby like game where they all where armour as opposed to muscle.
That’s what my explanation means.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I'm pretty sure, without the inclination to look it up, that 'Soccer' is a phrase of English origin. I think it's still used abroad to differentiate between codes. Australia being the main example. In the Americans case for that strange rugby like game where they all where armour as opposed to muscle.
I would say that "soccer" is mainly used in Britain to distinguish between normal people, and the sort of tedious arsehole that decides to complain about other people saying/writing "soccer".

I appreciate that many other people are less unreasonably judgmental than I am.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here