Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rate the window out of 10

Rate our transfer business this summer out of 10

• 4 or below

Results are only viewable after voting.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
We've sold two of the best midfield players we have ever had or are likely to have, so for me it can't be better than a 7. Of course pressures from within the players' camps (and a bit of skulduggery from a former employee in one case, I understand) made both sales inevitable, and you could argue that we got fair value, although I wouldn't, because I think Caicedo could end up being a bargain for Chelsea even at £115m. If Fati and Baleba work out, then maybe an 8.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Find it surprising we haven’t filled the attacking right back glaring hole we’ve had since it became clear Lamptey isn’t the same player. It’s the clearest issue we’ve had a for a while. Fati takes it from a 6 to a 7.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
8, think we look a bit weak at the back

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Sold our midfield and now given the green light to any team to expose us with pace
Seems to have gone for we can score more than we will concede tactic.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Seems to be an awful lot of hype at the moment because of the Barca lad.
I'm impressed we've made the deal, but on the face of it, he's covering for enciso's injury.

Pedro looks very good and think he will prove his worth.
Concerned about whether Baleba will be able to step up, as that's a big gap to be covered and we probably need him to hit the ground running.

The freebies are good signings and strengthen the squad nicely.

I really wanted to see 2 full backs.
Think that's going to cost us, unless Pervis continues to be indestructible.
It would be good to see something form Julio to see whether he's going to be able to replace Colwill.

Overall I think 6, because I don't think there should be such obvious gaps, with 6 European matches to come.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
We've received the third highest fee for a player ever, strengthened and added depth, moved on some deadwood, AND signed Barcelona's current number ten for the season. It's a ten lads.

(Time will tell of course)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

100% happy with this ….replaced cac with another quality signing….brought in one of the hottest young prospects from Spain and we still have a “ built like a brick shithouse” Brazilian prowling the warm up area

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Couldn’t vote less than an 8 for this window, despite worrying (like others) that perhaps we’re a little light In defensive areas. In the club I trust, I’m looking forward to Roberto proving that my concerns are needless.

I mean we’ve just signed the guy that was meant to replace Messi from Barcelona. :jester:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We've sold well, but feel we're weaker in defence, and weaker when it comes to defensive midfield. With a manager with de Zerbi's philosophy that surely has to be slightly worrying, unless he comes up with an effective Plan B (which, TBH, doesn't seem to be in his nature!)
Of course, we've seen little or nothing of most of the new arrivals yet - depending how well they do, and how well they fit in, that 6 rating could easily be raised higher. Fingers crossed!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
It's a solid 8 from me but it was only the amount we got for Moises that nudged it from a 7. The Hammers defeat really showed our vulnerability to the counter and our defence particularly on the right looks very light on pace.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
In terms of players only, I'd say 7. We're probably slightly stronger overall than last year, but only just. However, I gave the window a 9 accounting for the fact that we had incoming fees in the region of 170-190m depedning on acheivement of extras.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Despite thinking we need a right back, if De Zerbi is happy with the squad then who am I to argue?

The players in look class and once they are up to speed, I can’t wait to see it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
a nervous 7. the forward line is excellent. the deals for outgoing excellent. fear that rightback and lack of solid DMF will cost us several places this year. hope one of the midfielders will have at least the discipline to sit off and help cover our already known weakness on counter-attacks.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The window has left us weaker in defending but greater strength going forward. So maybe a season similar to the 1990-91 where we seemed to win a lot of games 3-2 but when we lost it was by 3 or 4.

7 overall

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here