• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And lets not forget...

Best replaced by Hemed
COG replaced by Zamora
CMS replaced by Baldock returning from injury.

McCourt / Ledesma / Carayol replaced by Elvis

Halford replaced by Goldson
Hughes replaced by Hunemeier

J Bennett replaced by Bong

Very positive changes.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
As it stands, I personally think we were 1 quality striker away from the perfect transfer window. Having said that, what business we have done is probably the best I can remember. The club have really done an fantastic job this summer

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
And lets not forget...

Best replaced by Hemed
COG replaced by Zamora

Very positive changes.
Murphy?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

TBH it was very close to a 10. If we had managed to replace Colunga with say Calleri or Vydra that would have taken it to the max. Perhaps it was only that this sort of deal was rumoured that made me dock the marks.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
As it stands, I personally think we were 1 quality striker away from the perfect transfer window. Having said that, what business we have done is probably the best I can remember. The club have really done an fantastic job this summer

yes, agree with this, and the results so far bear this out, but then we played well at Leeds last year and look what happened. I am NOT trying to be negative, but it is a long way to go before we can fully judge the success of the recruitment. So far so good, of course. I was rather disappointed yesterday at no apparent action with regard to a new striker, though we don't know what has been planned for the loan window. To hear PB say that they had looked at additions but it did not work out, smacks of wanting something on the cheap, and it might be worth shelling out a few bob for that 20 goal a season striker -the financial rewards would make it money well spent. But then, I freely admit, I don't know what happens behind the scenes, and of course it is OK for me to advocate the spending of someone else's money.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
8/10

If, like others have said, Harper turns out to be as we hope, then 9.

I think, as we have not signed a striker that beats our record transfer fee, (I know we are rumoured to have bid for Calleri, but face is we have not signed anyone) then i would of prefered to sell Dunk and reinvest in a striker.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I put a 9, would have been 10 if we pulled off the JC deal but the loan window is there for CH to pick and choose the icing!

I know it's early but looking at our signings:

Maenpaa - A good solid goalkeeper who will keep Stockdale on his toes
Rosenior - A quality defender with pace who can play anywhere across the backline, an excellent bit of business who has brought the best out of Bruno, and for free!
Bong - Already playing better than Bennett (what are Bournemouth thinking!) and becoming a bit of a cult hero - good defensively with pace and has a brilliant understanding with Lua Lua
BFG - Good enough to keep out Dunk at the moment, which shows how good a defender he is, will only get better once he's settled in.
Goldson - I think this was Dunk's replacement until Dunk came to his senses. However he will replace Greer in the squad next season, can see him playing a few games this season what with the no of yellows were getting!
Murphy - An exciting winger who we have yet to see what he can really do, jury is out yet as to whether he can cut it at Championship level but the signs look good.
Harper - A rough diamond in the making (we hope) Real Madrid obviously saw something in him and wanted to keep him, really looking forward to see him play
Elvis - No idea yet but looks quick and knows where the goal is, not sure whether he'll play as a winger, striker or one of the 3! Again looking forward to see what he can do.
Hemed - Looking to be an excellent buy, scoring goals and is generally making a nuisance of himself up front. Reasonably quick, strong and knows how to score. So different to our strikers from last year!
Bobby Z - A hero returns, not sure he'll play much but I can imagine he'll pop up with some important goals
Hambo - Looks good in the highlights but until we see him in the flesh difficult to judge. Appears to be strong, quick and knows where the goal is.

Also worth mentioning that having Stephens and March back is like two new signings!

All in all an excellent window by the club, CH has gone up in my estimations so let's see where this season takes us.

and Crofts

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
An 8 only as we have some potentially good players so we need to see how they perform

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
yes, agree with this, and the results so far bear this out, but then we played well at Leeds last year and look what happened.

Leeds were in complete disarray when we played them last season and were there for the taking. Although you can argue that Forest and Blackburn are struggling this term, the win at Fulham was impressive, with a foreign centre-back making his debut against a difficult front two and the off-field rumours re Dunk. Ipswich are flying and should have won their first four games ( Brentford scored two stoppage time goals on opening day! ) and to win there was an eye-opening result.
We are totally different from same time last year. We now have a good, experienced manager, who is building his own squad and playing with more control and confidence. I think you will find that we will be in a strong position by the end of October.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'm assuming anyone voting less than 5 can't be a Brighton fan - or at least, they must be fans with a deluded view on how the transfer window works for a Championship side.

I've been very impressed with our business. Not just the players in, but the fact we stood our ground and didn't sell the best players, which a season or two we would have buckled and taken the money.

Well done to all at the club for not only bringing in players for today, but also for tomorrow.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm assuming anyone voting less than 5 can't be a Brighton fan - or at least, they must be fans with a deluded view on how the transfer window works for a Championship side.

I've been very impressed with our business. Not just the players in, but the fact we stood our ground and didn't sell the best players, which a season or two we would have buckled and taken the money.

Well done to all at the club for not only bringing in players for today, but also for tomorrow.
I agree, and we have now sent a strong message to clubs like Derby and Fulham that they can no longer just stroll in and take our best players when they want, like clubs of that stature could in the bad old days.

An excellent statement to them not to waste their time in the future.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Don't lose any decent players: Check
Cover every position twice with POTYs or ex Premierships: Check
Fairytale signing for the fans: Check
Is the bench now full of 1st teamers: Check.
Beat other teams for players: Check
Get players in early so they have a pre-season and you're not scrablling about in the final minutes: Check
Get players in you're heard of: Check
Get players in you've not heard of: Check

10/10.

Stunning, absolute stunning window. Just look at our choices compared to last year! What more do people want? A 9m striker from Boca Jnrs? Turn it up to 11.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
9 for me. 10 would have been an extra striker (but do we need one? we might want one, but do we need one?). I'm very happy because we seem to have a team in which the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We've also got really nice pairings developing - Kayal/Stephens; Hemed/Baldock; Bong/KLL; Greer/BFG and most importantly Hughton/Bloom. I also think we've been strategic this window and keeping things in store for January.

We're on the roller coaster for sure this season and I couldn't be more excited. Mojo rating 10

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Agree 9/10. And whilst it's nice to see the squad without loanees I'm looking forward to a couple (no more) long term loan additions in a week or so.

Only emergency loans now, I'm afraid...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
8/10 for me. A massive well done to all involved. Why not 10/10? We are still missing a striker to replace / compete with Sam B IMHO. JC or MV would have meant 10/10 for me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And lets not forget...

Best replaced by Hemed
COG replaced by Zamora

Very positive changes.
You forgot Murphy

And I've been fixtured

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cover every position twice with POTYs or ex Premierships: Check
Who have we covered Kayal and Stephens with?

8/10 for me, and I'm pretty happy with that.

Some of you have a low expectation of perfection. 10/10 would have needed competition for our central pairing, and a proven top scorer at this level. Marshall would have been nice too, looks like a good player.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Who have we covered Kayal and Stephens with?

8/10 for me, and I'm pretty happy with that.

Some of you have a low expectation of perfection. 10/10 would have needed competition for our central pairing, and a proven top scorer at this level. Marshall would have been nice too, looks like a good player.

I agree and this summer was really about getting the squad back into shape after what we've lost over the past couple of seasons. Don't get me wrong, it's been a very good window but for now we look thin up front. I fully expect that to be rectified in the loan market.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
it's been a very good window but for now we look thin up front. I fully expect that to be rectified in the loan market.
I'm ready to agree with you, but then I'm thinking how difficult it is to get a top striker on loan. We could get a PL striker who's out of form and try and get them scoring again so that they can go back to their club - no thanks. Maybe the best option is a backup striker from one of the top top teams, who needs their backup playing competitive games - but then we'll be behind some lower PL clubs who'd also want them.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here