• 10/10- Amazing/Fantastic

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
9 / 10.

Another decent striker would have made it 10.

Plenty of opportunity for Hambo and Harper though.

And we kept Dunk and Stephens and all the rest of the top players.

Last edited:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
It's a no brainier. 9 out of 10. Best window in the Amex era. Good strength in depth now all over the park. When all fit you can mix it about a lot and still be strong. And I know that people have been saying shame we kept hold of Colunga but I honestly think that with better players around him like we now have he can still do a job. Very happy and very excited for the season.

Rather have Colunga over O'Grady all day long! Agree with you entirely! :thumbsup:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I put 8 but the more I think about it, I think 9 is probably fair. Much better than anticipated, only reason it's not a 10 is that I still feel we could've done with one more in attack if we are going to challenge for top six. Also a shame we couldn't get rid of Chicksen and Colunga (not that he's a bad player, just that it looks like he isn't in Hughton's plans & is earning a fair whack) but I doubt that's the club's fault.

In comparison to last season, it's been infinitely better. Kept our big assets despite interest from other clubs (Dunk & Stephens), finally bought in some quality full-backs on permanent deals, made signings with great potential in Goldson, Elvis, Harper & Hambo, bought in some decent competition for Stocko and strengthened the front & backline with Murphy, Elvis, Hemed & Huenemeier. Not relying on a single loanee either which is fantastic. We've done well, now let's see just what this group can achieve.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
For me it's been just as much defined by the business that didn't go out of the club.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Rather have Colunga over O'Grady all day long! Agree with you entirely! :thumbsup:

Based on what I've seen of both players I agree too, but for one reason or another Hughton seems not to rate Colunga, so I can't see him featuring for us whatsoever.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Why is it key regarding Harper who has never played for a 1st team? He was also brought for the u21's

He wasn't bought for the u-21s, but to start there and make it into the first team squad by the end of the year (see below for Hughton's comments). He's the wild card and unknown. If he's good, and scores/creates some goals for us as the season progresses, then the window's rating goes up from an 8 to a 9.

Hughton said: “Even at the age of 19, Jack is a well known name and, having spent the past six years at Real Madrid, there is no doubting his pedigree.

"He has a lot of potential, is a skilful type, with a good eye for goal, and can operate as a striker or playing just off of a striker. We hope we can give him the platform to realise his undoubted potential.

"He has had an excellent grounding, having come through the youth system at Real Madrid, and also has international experience at youth level, having featured for Scotland's under-17 and under-19 sides."

Hughton added: "Jack's next step is to move up to senior football, but his first priority is to complete his rehabilitation and work to get his match fitness, then challenge to breakthrough into our first-team squad."

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I put a 9, would have been 10 if we pulled off the JC deal but the loan window is there for CH to pick and choose the icing!

I know it's early but looking at our signings:

Maenpaa - A good solid goalkeeper who will keep Stockdale on his toes
Rosenior - A quality defender with pace who can play anywhere across the backline, an excellent bit of business who has brought the best out of Bruno, and for free!
Bong - Already playing better than Bennett (what are Bournemouth thinking!) and becoming a bit of a cult hero - good defensively with pace and has a brilliant understanding with Lua Lua
BFG - Good enough to keep out Dunk at the moment, which shows how good a defender he is, will only get better once he's settled in.
Goldson - I think this was Dunk's replacement until Dunk came to his senses. However he will replace Greer in the squad next season, can see him playing a few games this season what with the no of yellows were getting!
Murphy - An exciting winger who we have yet to see what he can really do, jury is out yet as to whether he can cut it at Championship level but the signs look good.
Harper - A rough diamond in the making (we hope) Real Madrid obviously saw something in him and wanted to keep him, really looking forward to see him play
Elvis - No idea yet but looks quick and knows where the goal is, not sure whether he'll play as a winger, striker or one of the 3! Again looking forward to see what he can do.
Hemed - Looking to be an excellent buy, scoring goals and is generally making a nuisance of himself up front. Reasonably quick, strong and knows how to score. So different to our strikers from last year!
Bobby Z - A hero returns, not sure he'll play much but I can imagine he'll pop up with some important goals
Hambo - Looks good in the highlights but until we see him in the flesh difficult to judge. Appears to be strong, quick and knows where the goal is.

Also worth mentioning that having Stephens and March back is like two new signings!

All in all an excellent window by the club, CH has gone up in my estimations so let's see where this season takes us.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Difficult to imagine that any NSCer could find major fault with the club's dealings this transfer window.

It seems to me, at least, that we have substantially improved the squad and when added to the return of Stephens and March, there have been one or two potentially excellent partnerships coming to the fore.
Kayal and Stephens, Bong with Kaz, Bruno has, it seems, been reborn and with others yet to grace the Amex stage, it is looking very good especially as we have led on to key players

This without the club having tossed away those needed millions if required.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't believe that this is the same club that messed up so badly a year ago. I've gone 9/10 - not getting a fourth striker and not getting rid of Clunge are negatives, but getting the boy Harper was beyond good.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Would be interested to hear peoples thoughts? Overall, I think the club have done an excellent job and have strengthened us in every area of the pitch. We've hung on to our best players and aren't reliant on several loan players which can only be a good thing in my view. Shame we couldn't get Colunga off the books as well as O'Grady but that's more the fault of the previous recruitment team. Would have liked a quality striker to sign to cap off the squad, as I'm still unconvinced how much Zamora is going to feature, but perhaps we could attract a top prospect from the Premiership on a short term loan if required. 9/10 from me.

6-10 we still lack a prolific goal scoring striker to lead the assault on a promotion challenge, aiming for top 6 shows lack of ambition we should be going for automatic promotion :albion2: disappointment looms yet again this season as the club refuse to realize that the striker is as key to promotion as the defender is to safety within the division

Last edited:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Putting the players aside for a moment, for me this transfer window we do seem to have made 1 extra addition everyone has missed - our mojo! Over the past 2 seasons not only have players left but the life blood seemed to have drained out of the club there seemed like no soul, we were a collection of individuals. That seems to have changed and we appear to have recaptured that spirit, the whole squad seems to have a togetherness we have not seen since before that awful playoff.
I think we may have finally exercised that ghost.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
8 for me although if hambo and harper reach the obvious potential I'll say 9.
Kept everyone we wanted to
Signings all look good
Only marks dropped IMHO although not entirely clubs fault but I think if Colunga had left we would have potentially got another attack minded player that CH wants here
Has been a great window though and it's good to see fans and supporters enjoying their football

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
8.5 for me.
Could do with one more striker to bolster the attack,
Still been a bloody good window for us, and a 100% improvement on last years'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here