Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rare Records You Own (Music)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Too many scattered records scattered over too many decades. Those I still do have include:

Single: Scritti Politti - Skank Bloc Bologna

Album: Couple of copies of Pop Rivets Greatest Hits (feat. Billy Childish) with hand sprayed stencilled sleeves and rejection letters from major record labels :lol:

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Sold The Sultans of Ping-Casual Sex in the Cineplex cd on ebay for £30 which was nice

Got the original master tapes of Incontinent by Fad Gadget but can't play them :(

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Signed copy by Fenech and Lord Sutch

"The meteors meet Screaming lord Sutch" Germans, yanks and Japanese will pay upto £150 unsigned so maybe more, although I would never sell.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I bought a pile of 78s from Warners 2nd hand shop in Worthing for about 6d, when I was in my early teens (1956 ish) and included amongst them was a record by Enrico Caruso that was recorded on one side and the other side was blank. Unfortunately I dropped it and it broke but I was told they were very rare as apparently there wasnt many copies made.

unklbrian

Feb 4, 2012
I bought a pile of 78s from Warners 2nd hand shop in Worthing for about 6d, when I was in my early teens (1956 ish) and included amongst them was a record by Enrico Caruso that was recorded on one side and the other side was blank. Unfortunately I dropped it and it broke but I was told they were very rare as apparently there wasnt many copies made.

I came across one of those 78s at a jumble sale in haywards Heath some years back , and in a moment of altruism pointed it out to the seller [ boy scouts iirc] ... often wondered just how much it was worth ,
My logic behind it probably be valuable - It was pressed just after the 1st world war . It was massively thick [maybe 8-10mm] on a German label and probably made of Shellac
while a relatively large amount were made very few survived the 2nd world war - Shellac was in high demand for recycling .
And of course - it was Enrico Caruso ...

nice to see someone else realising the value of these things

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Zoot Suit by The High Numbers
Magic Potion by Open Mind
Boy Meets Girl by Paper Blitz Tissue
In The Past by We The People (US)

& many other psychedelic diamonds

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Rare as I've never seen or heard of this anywhere, Mike Absalom.. Hector and other Peccadillos played at Lewes Tech in 70's probably worth zilch.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Have a single by Cult Hero called I'm a Cult Hero ,they were The Cure in disguise it cost me £14 way back in 87.Also have I can't stand up for falling down Elvis Costello on The 2Tone label which was only given away at gigs.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I have a few 12" picture discs, none worth much and some ltd edition depeche mode 12" singles, again I don't think they are worth much.

I did find this sold on ebay for £12.50, so I won't retire by selling it

mDBTki_Q92HPZMVInRbh6Lw.jpg

got one of these as well sold for £13.95 on ebay recently

m1T0yY_2qCL_RFe4dwJUmuw.jpg

Edit: and this one, £20, maybe I need to have a look in the loft

$(KGrHqJHJBgE8e6)BkfHBPTPizJK7w~~60_35.JPG

Last edited:

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Zoot Suit by The High Numbers
Magic Potion by Open Mind
Boy Meets Girl by Paper Blitz Tissue
In The Past by We The People (US)

& many other psychedelic diamonds

I have a copy of Zoot Suit by the High Numbers soon to be The Who. Unfortunately mine is a later pressing (door4 1980) which is only worth about £20 - Do you have the highly prized original release (Fontana 1964)?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I have over 6000 of the things - I remember posting on here that I had a record by the quarrymen that I got from a house along hove seafront. Someone PM'd me and offered me £20 for it !!

I have a whole shelf of led zeppelin boots + many many others. Always looking for rock/indie/punk if anybody has a collection to sell.

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill
I've got pil by pil single with the wrap around newspaper. no idea if it's worth anything or even rare. Also got dexys don't stand me down lp which I see goes for a bit on Amazon.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Loads of rare Northern Soul 45s at least they were in the early 70s, also promotional copy of Living in America somewhere by Patches (Leo Sayers first band) knew him but used to go to Albion away games occasionally with Max Chedwyn the guitarist, He had a car lol. Probably worth nothing but rare

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here