Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rare Records You Own (Music)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Boys in the old Brighton blue 12" without autographs.
I'm told told it's less common than the autographed version?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I have a fairly large collection of indie 7" singles from the 80s to the present day. Most valuable would probably be Pristine Christine by the Sea Urchins which could be worth anything up to £300, depending on how desperate someone is on eBay. Its value stems from the fact that it was the first release on the seminal Sarah Records label. I have rarer records, but they're worth a lot less.

Last edited:

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
I had loads before coming to Australia but sold them to a collector friend for very little, regret doing it now.
I also had some Pistols, Clash, Stranglers and more were the middle was different to what you'd get in the shops
because they were jukebox versions, couldn't tell you if they were worth much though.
Picture discs and coloured vinyl, those were the days.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Have The Beatles original mono pressing of the 'White Album'. Also have the original Stones..'Sticky Fingers' with the Andy Warhol 'zip' cover, I seem to recall this was only produced on the first print as it was found difficult to stack & pack the discs for distribution. Still have all the other Stones & Beatles albums, most in mono & first pressings. My wife also has Bill Wyman's 'Je Suis a Rock Star' picture album signed to her with love from Bill!

I'll get me coat - we have a winner......

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I had loads before coming to Australia but sold them to a collector friend for very little, regret doing it now.
I also had some Pistols, Clash, Stranglers and more were the middle was different to what you'd get in the shops
because they were jukebox versions, couldn't tell you if they were worth much though.
Picture discs and coloured vinyl, those were the days.

My vinyl, stereo stack system (as we used to call it) and wharfdales, clothes and a small nascent cd collection (I'd heard they'd stopped producing vinyl in Australia) were pretty much all I brought with me, had the vinyl and hardware sea freighted - could never sell it.....

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I have a fairly large collection of indie 7" singles from the 80s to the present day. Most valuable would probably be Pristine Christine by the Sea Urchins which could be worth anything up to £300, depending on how desperate someone is on eBay. Its value stems from the fact that it was the first release on the seminal Sarah Records label. I have rarer records, but they're worth a lot less.

Am I in your will yet?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I have the Undertones EP in that format.

My top 2 are probably the Teenage Kicks EP on Good Vibrations with the wrap around paper cover and Killing an Arab on Small Wonder - I regularly go through the Record Collector's guide but I find ebay is as good a gauge as any. They are only worth what you can sell them for (if you want to sell them). The one that really surprised me recently was the original gatefold sleeve of Verve's debut LP A Storm In Heaven which went for 50 quid or something daft!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

I look at my 70 odd Sarah 7s with mixed feelings having had a wonderful time listening to them ....... with scant regard for maintaining their condition. Needless to say my Pristine Christine is anything but.

Water damage from a couple of years stored in a garage, scratches galore from mishandling, knackered styluses and slapdash storage together with a dearth of bits of paper with detail of Temple Meads railway station. :(

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Amongst my vinyl I have the U2 EP 'THREE' released in September 1979. The A side is 'Out of control' with 'stories for boys' and 'Boy/girl on the flip.

I bought it in a certain record shop along Portland road, AH! how many hours did I spend in there?

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
After posting earlier I had a quick check to see the value of said record. The Holy grail of U2 collectors it said.....only a thousand pressed in Ireland....

I started to get excited, only to realise that my copy was the UK print and not worth much. oh well.

My pride of joy is the England WC 82 vinyl.....'This Time We'll get it right'.................hardly!!!!!

unklbrian

Feb 4, 2012
Charity shop find earlier this week ...

Cedric 'Im Brooks & the Light of Saba .. original Ja Total Sounds pressing in Vg condition

with the added bonus of Cedric's Autograph on the back including some script in Amharic ...

One to leave in my will maybe !
other than that probably the 7" I found in a tesco bin for 10p back in the early 70s , Dawn Penn - Long Day Short Night, on Rio

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
I have a Stiff Rock record from 1977 (last 2), think it got banned . Side A is Kill and Gobbing On Life , side B is Snuffin Like That and Snuffin In A Babylon. Might be worth a few quid ?

bhadiv1

Apr 28, 2009
Saltdean
As other people have quoted, records are only worth what people are willing to pay for them, and in the main they need to be in mint or excellant condition to be worth anything.
I have quite a large collection of vinyl which I have priced based on the rare record guide valuation.
As a general rule, you need to have
Original Rock n roll from the 50's
Or records of groups before they were famous
Early punk (but usually lessor known groups on smaller record labels)

To this end I have a few worth quite a bit (between £50 and £300) the top value ones being as follows :
The Rolling Stones - First album
Elvis Presley Love Me Tender EP original cover
Meteors / Screaming Lord Sutch The Meteors Meet Screaming Lord Sutch LP (only a 1000 made)
Gene Vincent Jumps, Giggles and Shouts
Eddie Cochran Memorial Album
Eddie Cochran C'mon Everybody (single)
Billy Fury Billy Fury No2 (EP)
The Cigarettes They're Back Again, Here they Come
Jerry Lee Lewis High School Confidential
Undertones Teenage Kicks (good vibrations record label)

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Spent a lot of time collecting in the late seventies and early eighties .Mostly punk and Beatles .
Have got 11 track Never Mind the Bollocks with the free one sided 7' of Submission and poster .
Anarchy in the UK on EMI
Original numbered White Album by the Beatles
Let It be box set with original Get Back book . Album was originaly going to be called Get back.
Loads of bootlegs , which now seem redundant in this digital age , and loads of punk coloured vinyl. Even a UK Subs single on black vinyl .Ironically a bit rare , because all their original pressings were on coloured vinyl.
Particular favourite is the first Penetration album on luminous vinyl. Used to use that as a light source in my bedroom, whilst listening to it.
Oh yeah , and Teenage Kicks on Good Vibrations and Sham 69's I Don't Wanna/Red London /Ulster Boys ep on Step Forward

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Spent a lot of time collecting in the late seventies and early eighties .Mostly punk and Beatles .
Have got 11 track Never Mind the Bollocks with the free one sided 7' of Submission and poster .
Anarchy in the UK on EMI
Original numbered White Album by the Beatles
Let It be box set with original Get Back book . Album was originaly going to be called Get back.
Loads of bootlegs , which now seem redundant in this digital age , and loads of punk coloured vinyl. Even a UK Subs single on black vinyl .Ironically a bit rare , because all their original pressings were on coloured vinyl.
Particular favourite is the first Penetration album on luminous vinyl. Used to use that as a light source in my bedroom, whilst listening to it.
Oh yeah , and Teenage Kicks on Good Vibrations and Sham 69's I Don't Wanna/Red London /Ulster Boys ep on Step Forward

funny you should say that about the Subs

I have I'm an Upstart on green vinyl,checked it on eBay,but the black vinyl was going for more!

Moving Targets on luminous vinyl,very nice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here