Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rare Records You Own (Music)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have a Stiff Rock record from 1977 (last 2), think it got banned . Side A is Kill and Gobbing On Life , side B is Snuffin Like That and Snuffin In A Babylon. Might be worth a few quid ?

I believe that is the Snuff Rock EP by Alberto y Los trips Paranoias , I have that too, not sure of its worth, think some may have come on snot green vinyl as well.

I don't give a damn, I don't ****ing care
I'm gonna kill My mum and dad and pull out all me hair
Gonna steal a motor car and smash it all to pieces
Gonna cut my liver out and pin it on yer braces

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
I believe that is the Snuff Rock EP by Alberto y Los trips Paranoias , I have that too, not sure of its worth, think some may have come on snot green vinyl as well.

I don't give a damn, I don't ****ing care
I'm gonna kill My mum and dad and pull out all me hair
Gonna steal a motor car and smash it all to pieces
Gonna cut my liver out and pin it on yer braces

That's the one !!!! not that rare then :(

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
mxIQkmu5PEmMjIAxFASKt2g.jpg

Got this in the loft somewhere and it's £100 on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRANK-ZAPPA-Were-Only-In-It-For-The-Money-UK-stereo-LP-Verve-Ex-/300970257102?pt=UK_Records&hash=item461339aace :ohmy:

*edit* In fact i had a lot of early Zappa, I think i'd better get up the loft and have a rummage

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Original Kinks Village Green Preservation Society mono LP. Supposed to be a bit of a collectors piece. Have the usual Beatles first pressings. Mono Sgt Pepper etc.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
So Teenage Kicks on Good Vibrations isn't quite as rare as I thought - 4 posters so far own one......

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I have a picture disc 12" vinyl of Smells like teen spirit, No idea if its rare or not but its lovely piece of vinyl. Its my favourite regardless.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Neat neat neat single by the Damned, Rock n roll by John Lennon, Pete Townsend Who came first, Space Ritual by Hawkwind, Tommy the Who

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Oh the joy! Best thread of the recent NSC era...

For me well it's prog time baby!

Cressida, Swirly debut... UK first press.
Titus Groan... S/T UK first press.
Pluto... S/T French first press.
Gravy train: Debut, Ballad and Staircase... all first press.
May Blitz: Swirly debut.
Fuchsia, Fuchsia: UK debut.
Indian Summer, S/T: RCA neon first press.
Hannibal: S/T UK first press.
T2: ...Boomland, UK first press.
Josefus S/T: USA, first press.
Asgard: ...in the realm of... UK first press.

Just some of the highlights of my awesome (in my opinion, obviously) LP collection...

Kosh

Last edited:

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
PIL metal box , ( in a metal box)

The Jam , set Tokyo ablaze ( bootleg 500 pressed )

Crass , feeding of the 5000 ( small wonder )

Vaultage 78 ( First pressing ) Attrix records

Skrewdriver , All skrewed up , Chiswick records 1977

Grunty

Jan 16, 2004
Worthing
I have Sordide Sentimentale 7" by Joy Division - worth silly money now.
Also a Factory sample- factory's first vinyl release.

lots of post punk new wave stuff- i find current/ recentish albums shoot up in value- great investment- and legacy.

Not official obviously but the bootleg double blue vinyl Smiths sessions and rarities album is fantastic and can be got easily and cheaply on the web.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Rare but not valuable - Meanstreak 7" EP 1982.

Well known local band who had a Friday residency at the Northern in early 80s, and got the EP played on Roscoe's roundtable, and were just starting to get onto the London Circuit (Half Moon Herne Hill) before having musical differences. Copies will be less than 50 (unless any of the band members have loads of copies)

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Lots of Stiff singles from the mid to late 70s including "Leaving here" by Motörhead
I thought Stiff may be one of those labels that folded quickly but it wasn't to be.
Gave up when they issued (I think) five copies of "Whoops a daisy" by Humphrey Ocean all on different coloured vinyl !
Got thousands (literally) of 45s and I must get around to copying them and then flogging them but can't bring myself to do it . . .

ferris_ferrit

Feb 1, 2011
Best I can do is the Tool - Lateralus (Picture Disc) and Metallica - St Anger (Still sealed like a pro), both currently going for around £80 on Amazon. Not particularly rare but I think they were rather limited releases.

ferris_ferrit

Feb 1, 2011
Would you be willing to part with Lateralus? :drool:

Tis a beautiful thing! Would be hard to let it go... for anything less than £50. The Ænima vinyl is where the monies at, I think that goes for a few hundred. Opiate is the most interesting though as it has 3 sides and that only goes for a tenner. Crazy times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here