Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*RANT* - Replacement Smartcard cost

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
My wallet is fine and the ST is stored alongside all the other Credit Cards in there and they are all still working fine. Of course I will be polite when I pick it up, will just have a little moan about it being an unfair fee etc. They advised me to go on a non-match day as it will be quieter, of course! Also, risking going on a match day risks me not getting into the game if for some reason they can't / are too busy to sort the card out on the day......don't want to take that risk, even though Knightsworld got in ok with a similar problem.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Nah.

The most effective way of dealing with this sort of situation is to demand the immediate resignation of Paul Barber. [I'm assuming that it was him who was responsible for the crack in the card.]

I reckon Ashley Barnes had something to do with it too.

Lychpole

Mar 2, 2009
About three weeks ago I was getting ready to leave home for the Birmingham game and thought I would check my wallet for my st-not something I ever do as I take it for granted it's there. Well lucky I did check as it wasnt there and checked everywhere at home here-gone. I immediatly phoned the club,£25 to replace and I could pick up prior to kick of-I said what a rip of at £25,you lose your cc or debit card and its replaced FOC.
I get to the ticket office about 2.15 and explain the situation,all pleasant enough and the guy on the counter replaces FOC !! Whole transaction took less than 5 minutes. Ask politely,be pleasant and Im sure they will replace as a matter of goodwill.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
In this thread...

"I can't look after my things properly, and when then break I demand a replacement is provided for me at no extra cost! Wahhhhhhhhhh"

Cheese with your whine sir?

Lol, I look after it just as much as I do all my other cards and they still all work. Glad you would happily pay out the money for something that you didn't go out of your way to break, clearly by your comment you have more money than sense.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Lost my rail card and it cost a fiver to replace.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Not unreasonable, look after it better you may be amazed but there are costs to provide, program and despatch a replacement which was not the clubs fault

Rubbish.

£25 is a complete rip off. There may be costs involved, but not £25 worth. When you call up your bank for a replacement debit or credit card, how much do you pay for a replacement? Zilch.

Nobody would object to a small admin charge. However, this is another Barber stealth charge along with the £10 paper ticket replacement fee.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Nah.

The most effective way of dealing with this sort of situation is to demand the immediate resignation of Paul Barber. [I'm assuming that it was him who was responsible for the crack in the card.]

Can we now get crack with our STs as well as beer 'n pies :smokin:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Lol, I look after it just as much as I do all my other cards and they still all work. Glad you would happily pay out the money for something that you didn't go out of your way to break, clearly by your comment you have more money than sense.

Why not get to the ground early on a matchday , try to enter at the turnstiles which will fail and then you have the excuse to go into the ticket office ? Act totally surprised if they mention a £25 replacement fee but if you act calm and polite they might change it over as a goodwill gesture. The £25 replacement fee is a deterrent to fans who hand their smartcards to mates who lose or don't return them.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I thought the charge was more to do with people selling their ticket for a game and giving the card over, then after the game calling up and cancelling the card and requesting a new one.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My wallet is fine and the ST is stored alongside all the other Credit Cards in there and they are all still working fine. Of course I will be polite when I pick it up, will just have a little moan about it being an unfair fee etc. They advised me to go on a non-match day as it will be quieter, of course! Also, risking going on a match day risks me not getting into the game if for some reason they can't / are too busy to sort the card out on the day......don't want to take that risk, even though Knightsworld got in ok with a similar problem.

You said it had stopped working so how do you know it's stopped working?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Rubbish.

£25 is a complete rip off. There may be costs involved, but not £25 worth. When you call up your bank for a replacement debit or credit card, how much do you pay for a replacement? Zilch.

Nobody would object to a small admin charge. However, this is another Barber stealth charge along with the £10 paper ticket replacement fee.

They have a bit more technology in them than a credit card - which actually only has the acc. no. sort code and pin - they're not 'smart' enabling you to have credit actually recorded on them and other information. That is why.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I've had mine in my wallet since the day I got it and it is perfectly fine.. It's like any access card, if you lose it you pay for a replacement..

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
and only ever ever ever used it to get into the Amex and buy stuff honestly cross my heart....

scrape_ice.jpg

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
There goes all my savings in possessing a ST in the first place and paying for it by DD.

I am better off delaying replacing the card & just requesting a paper ticket (for £5 a pop) for every game for the next 5 games instead, at least I get 5 games for my £25, but hang on, I'll still be paying my DD too, bit of a rip off when I genuinely have a damaged card to take in and swap for a working one.

How do you work that out then?

I hope you're not a financial advisor.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
You said it had stopped working so how do you know it's stopped working?

I got in on Saturday to the ground, bought a pie & pint okay, went out at half time to buy another and it wasn't working at the till, the guy pointed out the cracks in it, so we tried my girlfriend's card on the same reader & that was fine. I will ask them to check it at the ticket office when I go for the replacement first, just to see.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I got in on Saturday to the ground, bought a pie & pint okay, went out at half time to buy another and it wasn't working at the till, the guy pointed out the cracks in it, so we tried my girlfriend's card on the same reader & that was fine. I will ask them to check it at the ticket office when I go for the replacement first, just to see.

It's possible that it didn't make a complete contact when you bought a pint as it was slightly bent but it may still be ok under the light reader at the turnstiles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here