Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Random Breath test

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Coming home late from work (11 pm ish) I pulled up outside our chippy and Wife went in to get food. Police car pulled up soon after. The officer strolled up to me and asked me to wind down my window and then put his nose in to have a good smell. No alcohol so no smell. He casually said something like 'double yellow so don't be too long' and wished me a good night. I've no complaints at all. Never been stopped otherwise.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
They can stop you at any moment they want to if you're driving a motor vehicle on a road, in order to establish who is driving and their qualifications to do so.

They can require a breath test from you for one of three reasons: (1) they suspect you've consumed alcohol (2) you've committed a moving traffic offence (3) you've been involved in a road traffic collision.
(4) they are bored
(5) they just feel like it

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How can I put this...your perception of your own driving isn't always the same as other people's. Besides. You say you were driving slowly. Somebody driving noticeably slowly could easily be a pissed driver trying a little too hard not to be noticed.

Yes but they said they'd had a phone call saying I'd been driving erratically. I hadn't had a car following me at all as it was the early hours. I appreciate you're trying to stick up for one of your own but I'm near on certain he made that up. As I said it didn't bother me and he was alright...

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Because (at that time) there was/is a need to prove a level of impairment under S4 of the Road Traffic Act (driving whilst unfit through drink or drugs).

If I was to go to court and say "Yeah, it was obvious to me that he was off his tits, your worships", that's not nearly as convincing evidence as recorded & documented footage of somebody who can't even touch his own nose with his fingertip.

Also, we have to prove impairment in order to require a medical practitioner to take a blood specimen, which is necessary to find out if there are drugs involved, which ones, and how much.

Does that answer your question?

Yes I thought that would be the case, but just felt any judge, magistrate would get that off from the first few seconds of footage - I am sure the £250 gained from 'You've been framed' was well spent :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here