Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Rail Strikes Off!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
WTF? Strikes are off but checking Southern & National Rail websites, it seems I still can't get to work tomorrow?

Checked Horsham -> London from 06:15 tomorrow and it tells me the first train is 07:38 on Tuesday!
Same for me, checked trains for Thursday 6:30am and earliest to Vic is 01:31… on Friday

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just got up and checked again. App still showing no trains. Rang to double check and got told Horsham to London suspended all day.

f***ing joke that the strike is called off and still no trains.

Ho hum. Back to bed for a couple of hours and wfh.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
observation, rosters for weekdays shouldnt need to be rearranged, should be back to normal. why is rail so different? is this part of the problem trying to be resolved?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It is baffling. Operators advised on Friday the strike was off. Had the entire weekend to get staff in for today (and Wednesday) and they haven't. Is this another example of what Mick Lynch refers to as "a failure of management". Looks like it doesn't it?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I had to take leave today because no trains. Woman at Lewes ticket office said no trains were running on more ‘minor’ routes today, but all back and running after 8am tomorrow, on Southern at least. Flooding on rail lines hasn’t helped either. Forget leaves on the track, more monsoon rains.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
After all the strikes we have engineering work and replacement busses on Brighton main line (to Three Bridges) this coming weekend Saturday but not Sunday. For once a Sunday rather than Saturday KO will be less painful for some.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Looks like trains for tomorrow are back to normal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here