Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Rail Strikes Off!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
How do 3,000 people go about cancelling their coach tickets?
Seems like some have been asking Seagull Travel for refunds for the Arsenal game and getting a bit 'nasty' when refused.

Obviously wrong if people are being unpleasant ... but this kind of whinging social media message from ST has started to become a theme recently ... certainly since Darren's son took over this side of things.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Its a joke and lets hope Lynch is on tip of Bonfires in an effigy all over the country. Strikes off but go to rail app and they say they cant run the normal service its all propaganda to make this **** look like he is the saviour of Bonfire night
Am I missing something?

Why does Bonfire night need saving?

How does a train strike stop people setting fire to some leaves and branches in their back gardens?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Looking on National Rail website and it says that there's severe disruption to normal service still.

FFS.

What does that mean? Can we get home on a train or not? :rant:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Looking on National Rail website and it says that there's severe disruption to normal service still.

FFS.

What does that mean? Can we get home on a train or not? :rant:
Service will still be as bad as it would have been if the strikes were going ahead. Too late to change the timetables for today/Monday.

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
No, service will still be as bad as it would have been if the strikes were going ahead. Too late to change the timetables for today/Monday.
Wednesday is what I meant (all I care about :D). Would they have time to increase schedule by then?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Crafty move by the union(s). They cancel the strikes but time it so the trains still don't run but they presumably still get paid. Tactics! :clap2:

Last edited:

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
nightmare for me as I’m going to gig at Brixton tonight - no trains from Horsham, can get up from 3 bridges but no return, so trying to persuade D7jr not to drink and collect us somewhere in town

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Crafty move by the union(s). They cancel the strikes but time it so the trains still don't run but they presumably still get paid. Tactics! :clap2:
Or more accurately the companies sent the letter agreeing to talks on Friday morning and it takes time for discussions to take place with regards to what action to take. Not sure why it took the "companies" six months to agree to proper talks, but sure, blame the workers.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Or more accurately the companies sent the letter agreeing to talks on Friday morning and it takes time for discussions to take place with regards to what action to take. Not sure why it took the "companies" six months to agree to proper talks, but sure, blame the workers.
I'm not blaming/criticising them at all. Well apart from there's zero advertised trains from Brighton to Bognor today so I can't meet my daughter on her one Saturday off a month. That's ****ing annoying. But we'll survive. My dad and my brother both worked for the railways all their working lives and were both fully paid-up members of the TSSA. In fact my dad was shop steward of his local branch. I can vouch that he didn't do it for the good of his health. Quite the opposite, in fact

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
£99 to sit on the Lack of Fun Bus tomorrow and they get it sorted JUST too late for me to swap to the train. Grr. Great news for Arsenal goers though (sadly I will be in York but at least I can do that by train unless there's some weather or a suicide or a van hits a bridge or animals on the line or a mysterious staff shortage or rolling stock shortage).
After that result, let's hope you all have some fun on the way back!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Check before you travel
first train north from Haywards Heath is just before 0730
trains stop running 1900 hrs
Should have said Monday / tomorrow 🫣

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
WTF? Strikes are off but checking Southern & National Rail websites, it seems I still can't get to work tomorrow?

Checked Horsham -> London from 06:15 tomorrow and it tells me the first train is 07:38 on Tuesday!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here