Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Rail Strikes Off!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I wonder how many will lose their jobs once this is sorted, Royal Mail axing 10k and BT looking at similar numbers but they will probably get a pay rise the week b4 they lose their jobs.
The only safe ones in all of this are the union leaders earning 100k plus a year.
Strikes equal job losses in most instances

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
£99 to sit on the Lack of Fun Bus tomorrow and they get it sorted JUST too late for me to swap to the train. Grr. Great news for Arsenal goers though (sadly I will be in York but at least I can do that by train unless there's some weather or a suicide or a van hits a bridge or animals on the line or a mysterious staff shortage or rolling stock shortage).

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
doesn’t matter what time i put it says same, some times are £81…..

from horsham it’s £24

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
My excuse to not go to the office next Thursday (early morning displacement) has been weakened, although tube strike still on

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Does this effect Lewes tomorrow night ?

(Asking for a friend, far too old for that stuff now :wink;)

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Trains won't run to Lewes tomorrow eve irrespective of the strike. They need to keep the numbers down as much as possible.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
showing from hassocks to highbury as £67 ouch
The websites are shockingly confusing. The off peak cost Shoreham to Highbury next week is £40.50. You need to get a super off peak ticket though which will be even cheaper but isn’t showing on the website. In addition, if you travel from Hassocks to London just using Thameslink services, the ticket machines at the station allow you to choose that option which are cheaper still. I only know because I had to go from Hassocks to London on Tuesday as there had been a trampoline on the line on the West coast services.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Southern saying that strike timetable will remain in place so will still be no/very few trains. Absolute joke.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Southern saying that strike timetable will remain in place so will still be no/very few trains. Absolute joke.
What’s the joke? Southern not being able to get trains/drivers/staff in place with a few hours notice, the strike itself, or, or what?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
tickets are showing on National Rail for normal off peak prices (£23-27 depending on start), not sure where others are looking. simple train to London Vic with travel card will do it.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Its a joke and lets hope Lynch is on tip of Bonfires in an effigy all over the country. Strikes off but go to rail app and they say they cant run the normal service its all propaganda to make this **** look like he is the saviour of Bonfire night

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Its a joke and lets hope Lynch is on tip of Bonfires in an effigy all over the country. Strikes off but go to rail app and they say they cant run the normal service its all propaganda to make this **** look like he is the saviour of Bonfire night
Despite deferring the strikes
Chaos until Tuesday it seems

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
TFFT

The whole drive up to Morden and parking was a nightmare.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Very pleasing - anyone know how many we’ve sold? Be good to make a lot of noise without too much bother if we lose etc…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here