Racist Ipswich Fan. May make you laugh.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Just saying thanks to everyone who got in contact via phone/text/twitter/facebook to be very supportive.
Don’t know why it got to me so much, most unlike me, a draining couple of days, but glad it's resolved now.

Had fans from lots of different clubs (including Ipswich, Palace, Leeds and Norwich) getting in touch, which was pretty humbling to see. Good to see everyone else unite against something like that. No place for it in life, let alone football.

Thanks to Ipswich Town & police for responding and dealing it with so quickly, honestly didn’t think it would be dealt with so seriously, let alone so fast.

After a meeting with the police yesterday, I decided not to press charges against the kid, but police have asked him to write a letter of apology to me. Other Ipswich fans reported him to the police too, it's up to them what they do. Hope he has learned a lesson, and hopefully the whole sorry episode will make others think before saying / typing something of that nature. Really no need for it in todays society.

Thanks again everyone x

Sorry I didnt know it was yourself on the end of the abuse, realy good to know other fans got in touch it and showed support in the fact that racism is vile and unacceptable

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Just saying thanks to everyone who got in contact via phone/text/twitter/facebook to be very supportive.
Don’t know why it got to me so much, most unlike me, a draining couple of days, but glad it's resolved now.

Had fans from lots of different clubs (including Ipswich, Palace, Leeds and Norwich) getting in touch, which was pretty humbling to see. Good to see everyone else unite against something like that. No place for it in life, let alone football.

Thanks to Ipswich Town & police for responding and dealing it with so quickly, honestly didn’t think it would be dealt with so seriously, let alone so fast.

After a meeting with the police yesterday, I decided not to press charges against the kid, but police have asked him to write a letter of apology to me. Other Ipswich fans reported him to the police too, it's up to them what they do. Hope he has learned a lesson, and hopefully the whole sorry episode will make others think before saying / typing something of that nature. Really no need for it in todays society.

Thanks again everyone x

Nice one mate, not an experiance anyone should have to go through. I think appropriate action taken and will make people think twice before posting stuff on message boards/facebook/twitter. These days its difficult to hide behind your keyboard, they can and will find out who people are.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In my opinion, Retard and even Mong now have a completly different meaning, the same way words such as Gay meaning happy then changed to being..... well..... er ...Gay, If I called someone a retard I would not mean it as offence to anyone with a disability rather just a word to mock someone who was being a bit of a thick sh**

Well, quite.

Apologies for genuinne offence caused, obviously.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Sorry I didnt know it was yourself on the end of the abuse, realy good to know other fans got in touch it and showed support in the fact that racism is vile and unacceptable

So let me get this right, Casual racism is vile and anacceptable but casual discrimination against disabilities is fine. Thanks for clearing that up.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So let me get this right, Casual racism is vile and anacceptable but casual discrimination against disabilities is fine. Thanks for clearing that up.

poor comparison.

My use of the word 'retarded' (to mean intellectually challenged) COULD be considered casual discrimination, if you choose to see it as such.

There is nothing CASUAL about calling someone a 'paki' and telling them to 'get out of our country'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's not just Racism and Homophobia that are offensive and illegal these days but Disability Discrimination is also and calling people "retards" ranks alongside calling people "spastics" and "window lickers" in that it's offensive and has no place in today's society.
Indeed. I've been reporting posts I find offensive to disabled people and discussing it with Hitony on pm, and I'm planning on starting a thread on it to see what the feeling is among NSC.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Wow you couldnt have missed my point any better if you tried, I am saying the meaning of words,such as retard, has changed in society therefore if the meaning of a word has changed it cannot be descrimination can it, english language changes as do the meaning of words, I bet growing up you were called a Berk? that is a fluffy word meaning your an idiot in real life it is ryming slang for Berkshire Hunt, I am sure as a kid when your mum said "dont be a berk" she didnt mean your a ****, well maybe,or when you said something was Naff which to everyone means rubbish but the term actualy came from Not Available For f***ing, so words change meanings, therefore a word such as Retard,which to me means an idiot,does not cause offence to anyone with a disability because when said I do not make that connection if you do then maybe you are the one with an issue?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It is an interesting one, that the word "idiot" originally did mean someone with learning difficulties.

Is anyone going to pull me up for discriminating against the disabled if I call someone an idiot? Or I say someone did something "idiotic"?

Fascinating reading:

Disability

In 19th and early 20th century medicine and psychology, an "idiot" was a person with a very severe mental retardation. In the early 1900s, Dr. Henry H. Goddard proposed a classification system for mental retardation based on the Binet-Simon concept of mental age. Individuals with the lowest mental age level (less than three years) were identified as idiots; imbeciles had a mental age of three to seven years, and morons had a mental age of seven to ten years.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
In my opinion, Retard and even Mong now have a completly different meaning, the same way words such as Gay meaning happy then changed to being..... well..... er ...Gay, If I called someone a retard I would not mean it as offence to anyone with a disability rather just a word to mock someone who was being a bit of a thick sh**

And gay doesn't even mean gay (as in homosexual) anymore, it means rubbish or stupid.

Good episode of south park explains that issue pretty well, will post a link later

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
And gay doesn't even mean gay (as in homosexual) anymore, it means rubbish or stupid.

Good episode of south park explains that issue pretty well, will post a link later

Oh yeah I forgot that one, my son says things are Gay as in rubbish, and also Sick for goods things, very strange , of course some on here will find offence in sick ,meaning good, as descrimination against anyone who has ever vomitted "because vomitting is not good and should not be praised as such, its paramount to racisism"

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
poor comparison.

My use of the word 'retarded' (to mean intellectually challenged) COULD be considered casual discrimination, if you choose to see it as such.

There is nothing CASUAL about calling someone a 'paki' and telling them to 'get out of our country'.
Quite, the two are totally different.

And it's worth pointing out that even in these bizarre times with everybody straining to find offence with every single single expression (and even songs like the 'okey-cokey' being deemed as offensive to Catholics) in the wake of the Ricky Gervais affair a judge deemed that 'mong' was NOT offensive. Personally I think anyone who finds 'mong' offensive is a bit of a retard and is definitely an imbecile.

And before anybody moans I'd like to point out that my uncle spent his entire life in Cane Hill (the Palace fans will know where that was) so don't tell me I don't know anything about nutters.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It is an interesting one, that the word "idiot" originally did mean someone with learning difficulties.

Not true. It originally meant someone who didn't vote in an elections, participate in public life etc - that was a big thing in ancient Greece. It's from the Greek idiotes and it was applied to people who were individualistic and self-centred. Somewhere along the line it's meaning became the person with learning difficulties outlined by Mellotron.

Personally, I think it would be a useful tool to bring back the original meaning and start using it against anyone who says things like "I can't be bothered to vote", it would liven up debates on here :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports