Racist Ipswich Fan. May make you laugh.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Only till end of season? I guess as it happened away from a ground etc, but if I had of known, there are a few times during the Withdean years I'd quite happily of been banned for the rest of a season!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Casual racism is possibly more inherently insidious than a truly held belief and much harder to deal with. Sorry for BM but pleased that Ipswich have responded speedily and appropriately. Think they deserve a "well done"

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought that fella was Chinese?

Casual racism is possibly more inherently insidious than a truly held belief and much harder to deal with. Sorry for BM but pleased that Ipswich have responded speedily and appropriately. Think they deserve a "well done"
Agreed. Even though there is no accompanying violence and no apparent big political agenda, it's still racism. It needs to be challenged. And its perpetrators need to understand that there are consequences.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
To be fair, it can't have been easy growing up with a name like Danny Crack.

I blame the parents, Harry and Fanny

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Good news.

(awaits usual intellectually-challenged posters coming on to tell us it's an over-reaction, and that people need to 'man up')

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Good news.

(awaits usual dimwits* coming on to tell us it's an over-reaction, and that people need to 'man up')

As a moderator I would have thought you would be a bit above calling peopledimwits*, It's not just Racism and Homophobia that are offensive and illegal these days but Disability Discrimination is also and calling people "retards" ranks alongside calling people "spastics" and "window lickers" in that it's offensive and has no place in today's society.

Last edited by a moderator:

D

Deleted User X18H

As a moderator I would have thought you would be a bit above calling people dimwits*, It's not just Racism and Homophobia that are offensive and illegal these days but Disability Discrimination is also and calling people "dimwits*" ranks alongside calling people "spastics" and "window lickers" in that it's offensive and has no place in today's society.

This. That word is hugely offensive to some people. We all know what is being implied. Not good.

D

Deleted User X18H

Good news.

(awaits usual dimwits* coming on to tell us it's an over-reaction, and that people need to 'man up')

Using that word 'dimwit*' in such a derogatory fashion, undermines all the Albion and other club's are trying to do to stamp out discrimination of any kind.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Just saying thanks to everyone who got in contact via phone/text/twitter/facebook to be very supportive.
Don’t know why it got to me so much, most unlike me, a draining couple of days, but glad it's resolved now.

Had fans from lots of different clubs (including Ipswich, Palace, Leeds and Norwich) getting in touch, which was pretty humbling to see. Good to see everyone else unite against something like that. No place for it in life, let alone football.

Thanks to Ipswich Town & police for responding and dealing it with so quickly, honestly didn’t think it would be dealt with so seriously, let alone so fast.

After a meeting with the police yesterday, I decided not to press charges against the kid, but police have asked him to write a letter of apology to me. Other Ipswich fans reported him to the police too, it's up to them what they do. Hope he has learned a lesson, and hopefully the whole sorry episode will make others think before saying / typing something of that nature. Really no need for it in todays society.

Thanks again everyone x

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
In my opinion, Retard and even Mong now have a completly different meaning, the same way words such as Gay meaning happy then changed to being..... well..... er ...Gay, If I called someone a retard I would not mean it as offence to anyone with a disability rather just a word to mock someone who was being a bit of a thick sh**

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports