Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Racism on the rise in Britain

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
We British are Heinz 57 and before you make a racial remarks do your family history not many of us are pure English people. I am proud of being British but I have family connection all over the world. Yes we need to control our boarders so that the ones who want to work and better their lives are excepted but thieves rapist and spongers are not welcome.

Do you run a B&B? I think we should accept workers rather than except them.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do you run a B&B? I think we should accept workers rather than except them.

I was more intrigued by the point about keeping thieves, rapists and spongers out.

How does that work then? Do we stop every non-UK passport holder at the border (thereby contravening free movement within the EU rules in many cases) and ask them whether they're planning to steal anything, rape anyone or claim state benefits while they're here?

Seems pretty foolproof.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm not sure it's racism on the rise more a case of when things are austere and change is happening rapidly, people hark back to a "better time". It happened during the Industrial revolution, artists produced more "chocolate box" countryside scenes, people began travelling to the countryside more (ironically made easier with the advent of rail) there was a general sense that Britain was somehow being changed for the worse. These days we have an immigration surge and people just want it back the way it was before. It's understandable but futile.

Irish_Seagull

Mar 25, 2014
....is an assumption that the survey was 100% white.
Most victims of racially motivated hate attacks in the uk are WHITE

Why they use Stephen Lawrence but not kris McDonald is beyond me, 15 years old castrated, eyes gouged out stabbed bested and burned beyond recognition, there was a government enforced media blackout at the time of his and other white victim race attacks (still continues)

Mannakin

Jun 24, 2013
Hove (actually!)
I read the story on the BBC website and found it interesting that the story is running at the same time as the stories about a Pakistani couple who murdered their daughter (using acid) for looking at a boy twice and the Pakistani woman stoned to death outside a court in Lahore.

Is it any wonder that people have racial prejudices when they see these sorts of behaviour?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Why they use Stephen Lawrence but not kris McDonald is beyond me, 15 years old castrated, eyes gouged out stabbed bested and burned beyond recognition, there was a government enforced media blackout at the time of his and other white victim race attacks (still continues)

Whilst I agree that there is under reporting of racist attacks on whites, the Stephen Lawrence case is cited more for the poor reaction of the Police, which seemed to indicate a racist attitude within the Police.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Kriss Donald was the poor lad's name. Have you statistics to back up your claim that most victims of racially motivated hate attacks in the UK are white?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I agree. It's not us English that are racists, it's all the bloody foreigners.:smile:

that is a pathetic reply to a rather astute statement........the fact is that there is now a large contingent of "foreigners" in the press in the U.K . and they appear to have carte blanche to write just about whatever they like without fear of censorship , that is the short coming of a true democracy , let the right wing contingent or anyone with a nationalist lilt spruik up however and , well , hell hath no fury and all that.

Irish_Seagull

Mar 25, 2014
Whilst I agree that there is under reporting of racist attacks on whites, the Stephen Lawrence case is cited more for the poor reaction of the Police, which seemed to indicate a racist attitude within the Police.
With the media everything is always agenda driven, its the reason we think of politicians as idiots and not calculated devious sociopaths, the media does not under report, they do not because they follow restrictive guidelines on anything they do as laid out by the NUJ.

Kriss Donald was the poor lad's name. Have you statistics to back up your claim that most victims of racially motivated hate attacks in the UK are white?
yes, sorry, forgive me but i am hiking over the sussex downs and using a mobile phone to reply, i am quite limited. however....

Home Office report on Black and Minority Ethnic group's experience of racially motivated crime, which is based on the 2004/2005 British Crime Survey

The very title of the report indicates that something is wrong. The authors of the report are only concerned with the experience of Black and Minority Ethnic groups in regard to racist violence. Now we probably assume, as we may be expected to, that there are so few racist attacks on white people that it has not been worthwhile including them. But in fact the Home Office report shows that for the period in question there were 75,400 incidents of racially motivated violence against white people, 3,300 incidents of racially motivated violence against mixed-race people, 28,500 incidents of racially motivated violence against asian people, 7,300 incidents of racially motivated violence against black people and 8,400 incidents of racially motivated violence against chinese people. These are the categories which the Home Office report uses.

So while the report ignores the experience of white people in its title, we find that 75,400 incidents of racist violence had white victims while only 47,500 had Black and Minority Ethnic victims. It needs to be said again, it is not a competition about which ethnic groups are most victimised. It would be better that no people were the victims of racist violence. But the statistics as released by the Government show clearly that far from never being the victims of racist violence, in fact white victims are in the majority. If Government departments are assuming that white people are not the subjects of racist violence then they will not be adopting appropriate policies, nor targeting funding and other resources in the right places.

The situation is much worse than these two statistics indicate however. Because the population of people of white ethnicity is so much larger than that of the BME groups we would expect many more violent racist assaults to be conducted against BME people if the rate of racist violence were equal in both white and BME groups. There are 8.5 times more white people than BME people. So if the rate of racist violence were equal then in the case of 47,500 incidents of racist violence against BME people, we would expect only 5,500 incidents of racist violence against white people. But there are 75,400 incidents of racist violence against white people recorded, which suggests that the BME groups are over 13 times more likely to commit racist violence.

Last edited:

Mannakin

Jun 24, 2013
Hove (actually!)
Because the population of people of white ethnicity is so much larger than that of the BME groups we would expect many more violent racist assaults to be conducted against BME people if the rate of racist violence were equal in both white and BME groups. There are 8.5 times more white people than BME people. So if the rate of racist violence were equal then in the case of 47,500 incidents of racist violence against BME people, we would expect only 5,500 incidents of racist violence against white people. But there are 75,400 incidents of racist violence against white people recorded, which suggests that the BME groups are over 13 times more likely to commit racist violence.

Don't you have the numbers the wrong way round? I there are 8.5 times as many white people i would expect 8x47,500 incidents against whites? Or that BME's are 13 times more likely to be the victim?

Irish_Seagull

Mar 25, 2014
Don't you have the numbers the wrong way round? I there are 8.5 times as many white people i would expect 8x47,500 incidents against whites? Or that BME's are 13 times more likely to be the victim?
Maybe you would be better reading the post again or asking someone to explain it to you, I'm trying to eat a butty here

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Maybe you would be better reading the post again or asking someone to explain it to you, I'm trying to eat a butty here

No you've got it wrong. Your making speculation about who is doing the assualt which isn't relevant and isn't contained in the figures you've put mentioning.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

If I as a white English person attack a Gypsy, or a Welshman, or a Scot, or a Jew or you for having Irish ancestry, that could be recorded as a racist assault by a white, on a white.Your stats shows only the victim and not the perpetrators ethnicity and that proportionately, if you are BME person, you are more likely to experience a racist assault than if you are White.
In fact, the way assaults are recorded now, if we got into a scrap over a parking space and I called you a stupid Mick, or you called me an English ******* during the argument, it could be recorded as a racially motivated assault.

Irish_Seagull

Mar 25, 2014
No you've got it wrong. Your making speculation about who is doing the assualt which isn't relevant and isn't contained in the figures you've put mentioning.
Like I said ask somebody to explain it to you, I really don't have the time at the minute to break it down any more simpler

Irish_Seagull

Mar 25, 2014
If I as a white English person attack a Gypsy, or a Welshman, or a Scot, or a Jew or you for having Irish ancestry, that could be recorded as a racist assault by a white
You are incapable of differentiating beetween a home office commissioned survey, hate crime laws and your imagination.

These are facts, just go along with them

Your stats shows only the victim and not the perpetrators
They are not "mine" they are a home office commissioned it is pretty self explanatory

QUOTE=Baldseagull;6374361]if you are BME person, you are more likely to experience a racist assault than if you are White.
Mate, stop arguing with facts. It's silly

QUOTE=Baldseagull;6374361]if we got into a scrap over a parking space and I called you a stupid Mick, or you called me an English ******* during the argument, it could be recorded as a racially motivated assault.[/QUOTE]
If anyone calls me a thick Irish **** in jest it doesn't bother me, I was raised to know the difference between sticks stones and names.

The facts speak for themselves, maybe a trip to one of England's screwed up multicultural cities and towns is in order for some people, spend a few months there. I used to live in one.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
How much of this 'racism' is a hostility towards another race based on their Country of origin being seen as lesser and that the people from their are deemed as second class, etc which is in a way the more traditional type of racism.

And how much of this current result is purely down to economics, the threat to earnings and livelihoods have resulted in a negative view towards certain groups, who are seen as the (unfair in some cases) competition? and need to be discriminated against to protect peoples incomes? - It may be that the people claiming that they have some racial views actually have nothing against a particular race if it wasn't for economic reasons. A situation that media reporting won't have discouraged with their "stealing our jobs and we must protect our borders" style headlines for decades now.

The figures in the report seem to show that the lower income earners are the ones where the bigger jumps have occurred, are these those who are at greater threat of cheaper foriegn labour reducing their earning powers? and the survey is just showing the cause /effect of this process as new areas of Europe are opened up and allowed to work in the UK?

You hear very little to show the positive benefit of this immigration - especially as we have an aging population who will want to be kept by the state on state pensions, but if there isn't enough in the for of taxes coming in from the remaining indigenous inhabitants, how will these be met? and so on......

Some would be down to the 9/11 attacks, etc. but this cause / effect must surely be declining by now ?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Are you a bit upset?

Yes. The report is not by the Home Office. It is by a social research group. They consulted with the Home Office. It is not a Government report, whatever that is worth.

I do not agree with your multiplication assumption as most of these reported crimes are likely to be from deprived areas where the whites are not necessarily in the majority. The report does not detail this.

Irish_Seagull

Mar 25, 2014
Yes. The report is not by the Home Office. It is by a social research group. They consulted with the Home Office. It is not a Government report, whatever that is worth.

I do not agree with your multiplication assumption as most of these reported crimes are likely to be from deprived areas where the whites are not necessarily in the majority. The report does not detail this.
Sadly you show a clear lack of knowledge at how your government works, like I said the home office "commissioned"

It is very much like talking to a young child, I think if given the chance you would argue with yourself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here