Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Racism at Derby?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Thread starts with the appalling behaviour of a moron towards an Albion player. Before you know it, there's virtue signalling that doesn't really succeed because it goes with calling another poster "filth".
Up the Albion!

Jan 30, 2008
Thread starts with the appalling behaviour of a moron towards an Albion player. Before you know it, there's virtue signalling that doesn't really succeed because it goes with calling another poster "filth".
Up the Albion!
All from behind his keyboard ????????

regards
DR

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
In related news Stockdale is on Twitter further proving himself to be a thoroughly commendable human being by going digital toe to digital toe with anyone who thinks racism is anything less than abhorrent. If he keeps on like this he might very well end up giving Calde a run for his money.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
FFS, we've come a hell of a long way if "A" supporter racially abused a player. 1 in 20,000+ people willing to outwardly express racist views is probably better than almost any other form of discrimination typically faced by many groups. I would suspect that Muslims, women and gay men (to name just 3) can still only dream of a 1 in 20,000 level of abuse in daily life.
To be honest, you'd probably find that even white, anglo-saxon, heterosexual, protestant males would find more than one person in a random group od 20,000 wanting to abuse them for being one or more of those things!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
In related news Stockdale is on Twitter further proving himself to be a thoroughly commendable human being by going digital toe to digital toe with anyone who thinks racism is anything less than abhorrent. If he keeps on like this he might very well end up giving Calde a run for his money.

He was always willing to defend himself last season, the manner in which he's leapt to the defence of a team mate is just another fine example of the spirit we have throughout this squad this season

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It's a real shame that a good game played by two good teams has been overshadowed by one fans idiocy.

It's a further shame that a topic discussing that particular idiocy has itself been derailed by more idiocy.
The game, overshadowed ? It really hasn't been.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As we're discussing this sort of thing. How would you respond to this:

On arriving at the IPro stadium, my bag was searched and then I was patted down / searched by a steward.

As he finished he said to me "I think you enjoyed that a little too much".

Should I have screamed for a police officer? Is that homophobic (I am a 47 yr old male)?

I didn't - I found it slightly silly and proceeded to go in to enjoy the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here