Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Racism And The Cumberbatch Conundrum

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Please don't confuse my weariness with your general c*ntishness with some sort of intellectual victory.

I was going to trawl up your opinion on muslims apologising after charlie hebdo, but i'm just glad we're back on speaking terms. x

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I was going to trawl up your opinion muslims apologising after charlie hebdo, but i'm just glad we're back on speaking terms. x

Ordinarily, I'd happily debate it with you but seeing as you've proved time and time again that your only defence is an ad hominem attack then there's no point really, is there? I just thought that maybe pointing out the blindingly obvious, that you're trying to bully people on here with some pretty horrible personal attacks, might make you think about it for a minute.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
About all muslims apologising for CH, we tried that, you wouldn't talk to me.

Because all you had to offer was snide personal comments. I can't say they bothered me but they did bore me, hence me walking away.

Out of interest, have i personally attacked you? Or are you getting offended on behalf of someone else?

You seem to be confusing a public forum with a private conversation. You post something on here and everyone is free to respond if they wish. In my opinion, you're once again ruining an interesting debate with puerile personal attacks.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Because all you had to offer was snide personal comments. I can't say they bothered me but they did bore me, hence me walking away.

You seem to be confusing a public forum with a private conversation. You post something on here and everyone is free to respond if they wish. In my opinion, you're once again ruining an interesting debate with puerile personal attacks.

If your concern was the debate, you'd private message me.
You're just annoyed that i've rattled your cage.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If your concern was the debate, you'd private message me.
You're just annoyed that i've rattled your cage.

Why would I need to private message you? There's nothing I'd need to say privately that I wouldn't say publicly. Rattled me? You're merely acting like a contrary child on here and as a father of two I can say quite confidently that it takes a lot more than your brand of personal insults to rattle me.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Why would I need to private message you? There's nothing I'd need to say privately that I wouldn't say publicly. Rattled me? You're merely acting like a contrary child on here and as a father of two I can say quite confidently that it takes a lot more than your brand of personal insults to rattle me.

Firstly i haven't insulted you as far as i recall. No matter how many times you repeat it won't make it true. My apologies if you've taken it that way.

Secondly, you started this conversation with me and about me. I'm genuinely flattered. :)
But if you did honestly care about the debate you wouldn't derail the thread. So i'm calling BS on your previous post that claims otherwise.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm just saying why they are there, some seem to be ignorant of their purpose, thinking there is a political agenda behind them (perhaps there is, enlighten me).

There is in human nature, our brain physiology, a mechanism to categorise things/information quickly. When in complex society, this over simplification leads to all kinds of bigotry and dehumanising of people. There are two ways out of this, the hard way - education, the easy way, laws/speech codes.

This particular government has set one segment of society against another, all the while they've funnelled the wealth that came into this country through immigration upwards rather than spending it on the infrastructure that we desperately need.

I may be wrong but i'm rather cynical about it. I don't think it's a right wing agenda, i just think cameron and clegg have been terrible for this country and our society in many ways. I'm not saying boneless miliband will be any better either, i'm not making a political point, but when you look at how the wealthy have got wealthier under times of 'austerity', and that divisions in society, whether it be blaming disabled/unemployed/immigrants/muslims, have got wider which the present government has encouraged. You got to see something stinks and it aint the french (joke).

What the f..k are you on about ?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
if you did honestly care about the debate you wouldn't derail the thread. So i'm calling BS on your previous post that claims otherwise.

By publicly asking you to stick to the subject matter and avoid the snide personal comments I'm showing that I don't care about you derailing the debate? This is like arguing with Bart Simpson. Please, stick to the subject matter. Can you do that?

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
By publicly asking you to stick to the subject matter and avoid the snide personal comments I'm showing that I don't care about you derailing the debate? This is like arguing with Bart Simpson. Please, stick to the subject matter. Can you do that?

yawn.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
A few points here.

Speech codes are enshrined in law, fairly obviously, i thought that whats this thread was about. I think you're losing it a bit now.

You what? Are you saying its illeagal to call coloured people coloured? i'm losing it? You lost it when you decided to defend a week position.

A few points here.

You have asked me again for data, i'm not going to link you one page as i don't think you'll read it. If you care about data, google is your friend it is absolutely full of this. Why don't you research it for yourself - maybe you'll appear a little less 'sheltered'.
But suffice to say, lets make this clear, you are arguing that a significant number of black people don't find the the identity 'coloured' offensive. You know the year is 2015 right?

you wont link anything because your talking crap. Here try to educate yourself, if you can..

http://www.thefire.org/defying-the-...stence-and-prevalence-of-campus-speech-codes/

Maybe its time for you to do your own research rather than making it up as you go along. I cant find any reference to ethnic attitudes to speech codes. That in itself is pretty damning.

To be clear, you have been insulting to people with cerebral palsy and their families by calling them idiots.

there you go again, making stuff up and trying to project. Well not unless you have Cerabal Palsy as your posting like an idiot.

so go google some evidence. If your demanding conformity you need to produce some evidence for your claims.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I keep reading speech codes.
"A speech code is any rule or regulation that limits, restricts, or bans speech beyond the strict legal limitations upon freedom of speech or press found in the legal definitions of harassment, slander, libel, and fighting words".
and
Hate speech
"A person who uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or displays any written material which is threatening, abusive or insulting,"
Maybe take a look at what you post Pompous......or google it eh.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
If your demanding conformity you need to produce some evidence for your claims.

You're still arguing that a significant number of black people don't find the identifier 'coloured' as offensive. This is a term that was originally used for all 'non-whites'. It's 2015, seriously your ignorance is extreme.

You're making it seem more and more that you've got a beef about this because you can't define your language properly, lazy thinking, lazy mind. I agree with you language is 'double plus good'.
At least you've admitted your ignorance on thinking 'spastics' are mentally incapable.
What caused that ignorance? Perhaps misuse of their identity? And what else are you ignorant on?

You seem to be so entrenched in your views that you can't be bothered to find out if the identifier 'coloured' is offensive. You dismiss it because i won't link multiple pages on google, but you have also dismissed all evidence over the last 50 years. Me linking a page now won't changed your sheltered mind. As i assumed you are happy in your ignorance, you seem to view this subject as a political battle rather than a moral one. Maybe it is both?

I will read the link that you posted, but it is very long, and not tonight.

Google the evidence you are asking for, there's much of it out there. You won't accept it from me, you've seemingly presumed i'm a political adversary, (which i'm probably not, my comments are from a mostly moral and sociological point of view), look at the science, look at the sociology. Educate yourself from other points of view.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
I keep reading speech codes.
"A speech code is any rule or regulation that limits, restricts, or bans speech beyond the strict legal limitations upon freedom of speech or press found in the legal definitions of harassment, slander, libel, and fighting words".
and
Hate speech
"A person who uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or displays any written material which is threatening, abusive or insulting,"
Maybe take a look at what you post Pompous......or google it eh.

Well i'm sorry if you've read into my words anything abusive, threatening or insulting. But read it again, take my words literally. I've meant them.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well i'm sorry if you've read into my words anything abusive, threatening or insulting. But read it again, take my words literally. I've meant them.

I know, i realised a while back that you could not debate unless your opinions were agreed with. I realised that your spouting of "speech codes" did not apply to you, which makes your posts very hypocritical. I also realised that you are behind a keyboard when you throw the insults.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You're still arguing that a significant number of black people don't find the identifier 'coloured' as offensive. This is a term that was originally used for all 'non-whites'. It's 2015, seriously your ignorance is extreme.

You're making it seem more and more that you've got a beef about this because you can't define your language properly, lazy thinking, lazy mind. I agree with you language is 'double plus good'.
At least you've admitted your ignorance on thinking 'spastics' are mentally incapable.
What caused that ignorance? Perhaps misuse of their identity? And what else are you ignorant on?

You seem to be so entrenched in your views that you can't be bothered to find out if the identifier 'coloured' is offensive. You dismiss it because i won't link multiple pages on google, but you have also dismissed all evidence over the last 50 years. Me linking a page now won't changed your sheltered mind. As i assumed you are happy in your ignorance, you seem to view this subject as a political battle rather than a moral one. Maybe it is both?

I will read the link that you posted, but it is very long, and not tonight.

Google the evidence you are asking for, there's much of it out there. You won't accept it from me, you've seemingly presumed i'm a political adversary, (which i'm probably not, my comments are from a mostly moral and sociological point of view), look at the science, look at the sociology. Educate yourself from other points of view.

Your ignorance is astounding, you make unsubstansiated claims, project falsehoods and use ad hominem as a form of punctuation. Well Im sure calling you a mental midget relates to your level of understanding. So I cant find any evidence of ethnic hostility to "coloured", maybe someone hid it? The illuminati maybe? Prehaps you should take your tinfoil hat of and go and look for it...

E..V..I..D..E..N...C...E...

btw the link shows the EVERY speech code has been struck down when challenged in court.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I know, i realised a while back that you could not debate unless your opinions were agreed with. I realised that your spouting of "speech codes" did not apply to you, which makes your posts very hypocritical. I also realised that you are behind a keyboard when you throw the insults.

:lolol: keyboard warrior.in every sense of the word.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here