Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] R*nt b*ys

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Homophobic chants? Yes we’ve got more than our fair share aimed at us.

Rent Boys? I’ve never heard that chanted at us.
Me neither. Not familar with the Chelsea chant or Frank Lampard one so has passed me by at least.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A post from 2017 where a steward at Barnsley shouted it at Brighton fans.
The search facility works well now. Put rent boys in the search, and you’ll see posts.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why would any normal person think it's OK to chant or use discriminatory language in any setting?

Do these people think it makes them look big and brave and clever?

It's pathetic!
I really don’t think that much thought goes into it. It might be offensive to hear, but most chanting won’t be doing much more than joining in / repeat until the next chant or song starts. Same as most chants, alcohol being a prime cause of preventing rational thinking. Still, in this age, you’re soon getting a million hits and global condemnation if you do such a thing so best avoid joining in. Just like the entire WEST stand…at every game…ever… :wink:

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I can't say I've ever heard it used against us, and if you asked the less sensitive fans at most clubs they would only associate "Rent Boys" with Chelsea. I'm not going to spend much time feeling sorry for The Pensioners though...they've got a very higher proportion of obnoxious gits in their fanbase...

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Last season, saints away, lots of homophobic chanting by their fans. It was anti discrimination/anti homophobia day with messages on screens etc. As they were pretending to care I challenged the stewards and the police about it. There's too many of them was the police cretins response. Unbelievable. I see they're condemning it again now but it's a farce.

Anyway, Maupay scored and they all got very very very very upset as I recall. Great day.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has it been singled out? Or they are just making clear that (along with half a dozen other chants that are more obviously so) it IS unacceptabl, should there be any doubt.

it has come up because a Chelsea fan group recently made a complaint about it.
Precisely. It's just something that had been overlooked, and the oversight has been rectified.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Last season, saints away, lots of homophobic chanting by their fans. It was anti discrimination/anti homophobia day with messages on screens etc. As they were pretending to care I challenged the stewards and the police about it. There's too many of them was the police cretins response. Unbelievable. I see they're condemning it again now but it's a farce.

Anyway, Maupay scored and they all got very very very very upset as I recall. Great day.
If people keep complaining eventually there will be change. Racists are scared to do monkey-chants (heard every time a black player was on the pitch in the late 70s) these days because they know they will be pursued. It's about de-normalizing things. Everyone drink-drove in the 60s. Education yes, but also prosecution. That's not to say things may resurface (like smoking in football stadia, apparently, going by recent posts on here). Whoever posted 'nanny state' was presumably on a wind up. The great big girl's blouse.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I can't say I've ever heard it used against us, and if you asked the less sensitive fans at most clubs they would only associate "Rent Boys" with Chelsea. I'm not going to spend much time feeling sorry for The Pensioners though...they've got a very higher proportion of obnoxious gits in their fanbase...
Sorry you can't call them pensioners, I will be offended!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
This thread instantly made me think of the long forgotten chant starting "He's bald, He's B... which has now taken hold as a earworm. God help me if I start singing it at work tomorrow.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Intrinsically linked with chelsea headhunters I thought.

Originates from this claim I believe

Rumour has it that sometime in the 1980s, a police raid at the dawn of the morning revealed a Chelsea hooligan lying in bed with a male prostitute or a "r*** b**".

At that time the notorious Chelsea hooligan firm called the Chelsea Headhunters had a popular chant named 'Chelsea Aggro". After the incident was read in the tabloids, rival fans, mainly the supporters of clubs from Manchester & Liverpool replaced the word 'Aggro' with 'rent boys'. Ergo, the chant 'Chelsea r*** b***'.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
The only things I shout out these days are “you dunno wot yer doin!” or “sort it out Ref!” even back in the day I wasn’t big on racism/homophobia. I just used to shout things like “F*** off you c***!” or “you f***ing c***!” or just plain old “you c***!” Too many kids, women or vicars about these days, so I’m usually a model fan at the match now.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Ffs we’ve had it for years, get over it.

How long before Norwich and Ipswich get a mention for sheep shaggers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here