Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Quietly confident

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Yes all very pleasing, good result and most players did well, but let's not get carried away here, this was a pre season friendly and little more than a fitness exercise and a chance to work on our formation and to try out some new ideas.

Next week at Watford is when it matters, let's wait and see how well, (or otherwise), we do then, before we get too carried away. There have been too many instances in the past when we have had a good pre season, then in all went wrong when it mattered.

My problem this season which is different from previous seasons, is that their are no second chances recruitment wise. Other seasons we had up to 4/6 weeks to address weaknesses shown in early matches. Not this season, if you don't have the right players in then it is wait until January

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My problem this season which is different from previous seasons, is that their are no second chances recruitment wise. Other seasons we had up to 4/6 weeks to address weaknesses shown in early matches. Not this season, if you don't have the right players in then it is wait until January

Just like 12 months ago.

el punal

I'm inclined to agree, It would appear we've made changes in the safer places and minor improvements, but done bugger all in the areas we're weak in. If we don't sign a few better players (striker and midfield) we're going to be in the mire

We await and see. It seems that Potter has changed a lot of things that we were used to under Hughton. Maybe, because of this, the team will adapt better to his strategy and improve accordingly without the necessity of bringing in new players. Wishful thinking perhaps but it’s the start of a new season, at least it can’t be worse than the end of the last one. :eek:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We await and see. It seems that Potter has changed a lot of things that we were used to under Hughton. Maybe, because of this, the team will adapt better to his strategy and improve accordingly without the necessity of bringing in new players. Wishful thinking perhaps but it’s the start of a new season, at least it can’t be worse than the end of the last one. :eek:

It could end up worse than the end of last season, we could be relegated.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really I thought the window closed after games had been played. Previous to that their was the extra month allowed for loan moves or have I got that wrong also?

Dunno about loans but last season the window definitely slammed shut before a ball was kicked in anger.

Thinking about it, the same also applied for loans, but I'm slightly less sure.
The 25 man squad only get a delayed announcement because Europe is still in business, while we're not...

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Dunno about loans but last season the window definitely slammed shut before a ball was kicked in anger.

Thinking about it, the same also applied for loans, but I'm slightly less sure.
The 25 man squad only get a delayed announcement because Europe is still in business, while we're not...

Yes your right it must have been last year they voted for the change

el punal

It could end up worse than the end of last season, we could be relegated.

I was, of course, referring to the performances. I shudder to think that we would replicate those under Potter and to be honest I don’t think we will. Birmingham and Valencia games, although pre-season friendlies, have shown a marked improvement in our play. Early days I know but let’s be positive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here