Queues for buses

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
This is an idea , how about 3 separate queues for r s and p buses with maybe some stewards, tonight was a shambles

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This is an idea , how about 3 separate queues for r s and p buses with maybe some stewards, tonight was a shambles

The BHAFC Transport Manager might think this is a good idea too. Seems like nothing has changed since last season.

Aug 21, 2011
I saw that queue whilst waiting for the race course bus to turn up. It was all orderly until the shoreham bus turned up then every one just merged in to one massive crowd, WTF was that all about looked a nightmare after that.

pal4life

Sep 6, 2008
Absolute joke tonight I reckon there was no more than 7 buses running for Mill Rd tonight. Ironically there are the same amount of spaces there but what seemed to be a shortage of buses.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I saw that queue whilst waiting for the race course bus to turn up. It was all orderly until the shoreham bus turned up then every one just merged in to one massive crowd, WTF was that all about looked a nightmare after that.

It was a shambles before that when an R turned up.
Once that happens, all the people at the back run forward, can't get on, then just stand around in the road and won't move.

Something needs to be done before somebody is run over.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean

Totally agree - this was a problem last season and was much worse tonight with the increased number of people. I have completed the feedback form on the club's website urging this to be urgently addressed before someone gets hurt in the mindless crowd surges that happen every time a bus arrives. I can understand to some extent why this chaos happens because people never know how many people in front of them are waiting for one of the other 2 buses to theirs ! Can't be too difficult to create 3 individual lanes with barriers along that wide pavement !

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Totally agree - this was a problem last season and was much worse tonight with the increased number of people. I have completed the feedback form on the club's website urging this to be urgently addressed before someone gets hurt in the mindless crowd surges that happen every time a bus arrives. I can understand to some extent why this chaos happens because people never know how many people in front of them are waiting for one of the other 2 buses to theirs ! Can't be too difficult to create 3 individual lanes with barriers along that wide pavement !

Here is the link to the feedback form on the club's website - I urge as many people as possible to complete one of these !

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/FeedbackForm/0,,10433,00.html

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It really wouldn't have taken much for the queues to be cordoned off, or at least have some stewarding preventing people just walking up and around teh outside, joining where they can.

It's very frustrating to see the people on the stairwell clear away onto buses, and the queue only moves forward about 2 feet, due to the bulk of people who have congregated on the bend.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
shambles! would be very easy to make some sort of rope system like they do at thyme parks.
the club needs to sort this out before there is a accident???

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
This has been going on all last season, and now with the added people there seemed to be fewer stewards and no increased number of buses. I was under the impression that part of the planning permission for the extra seats was that the transport was sorted out. How hard is it to have a guy with a click counter counting people onto a bus so you can load more than one bus at a time (when there is more than one bus there of course).

There needs to be barriers all the way down the road from the steps for Mill Road and Mithras and clear signs for people to be shown which queue to join. There were a number "heated arguments" in the queues last year, add the extra numbers and it's only a matter of time before all hell breaks loose. We were lucky with the weather last year as well, add in some cold wind and rain and people are going to get agro very quickly.

The stewards have no interest at all in stopping people cutting in. In fact last night one guy asked the steward which queue he should be in and instead of sending him all the way to the back he just joined the queue on the bend as you turn to go up the Mithras steps. The steward just watched him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports