Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queues for buses

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Here's what I posted in one of the other 2 bus threads...

"I don't like to complain in general, but im amazed they dont channel the queues off with barriers into P, R and S.

I'm also a rottingdean goer and it was just hectic. I completely understand the logic that there will always be a wait for the first lot of buses to come back round but there were certainly a lot more people for R than usual.

Also, when I got on my bus it left with about 15 spare seats still upstairs. Madness.

Again, i dont like to complain, but it needs to be sorted as I was genuinly concerned for some (elderly and young) when the 'crush' for the 2nd (of the 2nd round) of R buses parked in front on the queue (rather than parrellel to the side of it). Quite scary. "

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Well, I've gone and bought a parking place for Saturday. I can't be done with hanging around in sprawling queues for buses with a kid and/or an OAP even in this weather - let alone when we get to a January.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Here's what I posted in one of the other 2 bus threads...

"I don't like to complain in general, but im amazed they dont channel the queues off with barriers into P, R and S.

I'm also a rottingdean goer and it was just hectic. I completely understand the logic that there will always be a wait for the first lot of buses to come back round but there were certainly a lot more people for R than usual.

Also, when I got on my bus it left with about 15 spare seats still upstairs. Madness.

Again, i dont like to complain, but it needs to be sorted as I was genuinly concerned for some (elderly and young) when the 'crush' for the 2nd (of the 2nd round) of R buses parked in front on the queue (rather than parrellel to the side of it). Quite scary. "

Have to agree with you on this. T'was a bit of a shambles last night. We have been saying all along that a simple barrier system would help things run smoothly, mind you, the lack of stewards last night didn't help, we honestly thought that someone was going to get hurt when an R bus turned up and everyone just ran into the road trying to be 1st on.

Having said that, for the additional amount of people and carnage that was going on, we got away only 10 minutes later than last season.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I emailed that suggestion to Richard Hebberd a few games in last season.

Was told there was not a problem.

On the request of the bus steward I emailed probably another half a dozen times throughout the season.

Again, either no reply or told there was not a problem.

The bus guys know it does not work but are only there to tell the buses when to go and where. They don't control the queues. The guy I have spoken to says the club often dismiss their feedback as trying to pull a fast one and get the Albion to pay for more buses etc.

Emailed Paul Barber this morning. Had a reply with 15 minutes saying it would be looked into and he would get back to me, which was nice.

It is so easily solved just by having a different stop for R and S. You would need to extra pavement because it would be the same volume of people waiting, just in sensible, ordered lines instead of a bundles.

I live less than four miles away. I got in at around 11.20pm last night after catching the last bus out of The Amex.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I expect Barber will simply out the prices up until enough people don't bother with it*

*just getting it in there first

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
No problem with buses to Mill Hill, stewards shouting out details re which queue to join swiftly on to a bus which made good progress,home by 10.15, if you want to avoid delays it makes sense to leave 3/4 minutes before end of match if you sit tight until final whistle then you can expect to have a wait before you board a bus,the choice is yours.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The trains the trains were no better.

Rubbish, the trains were fine. I hung back for a beer, got the 22.16 to Brighton, the 22.33 along the coast (ok this left at 22.38), and was home and hosed before 11. Saturdays are a piece of piss, the 17.36 gets to Brighton for 17.44 just in time for the 17.53 coastal jobbie. Considering the numbers they are coping with I think the trains work extremely well.

I've done P&R a couple of times last season, the buses always seem a bit chaotic compared with the trains, and you seem to have to wait a lot longer. Beer and trains is infinitely preferable.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
if you sit tight until final whistle then you can expect to have a wait before you board a bus,the choice is yours.

I have no problem with waiting if the system was as efficient as it could be, but it's far from it, and the queuing a total shambles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here