Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Questions for the Recruitment Department

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I’m surprised nobody has thought of these questions before. I’m sure Bloom will be willing to answer them from the next imbecile at the next fans forum. Perhaps you should attend?

Very dismissive, Commander.
I reckon there must be quite a few 'imbeciles' who would be interested to hear the club's honest views on this.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
3) There are only 2-3 games this season where we haven’t competed, the rest of the games we have been in with a shot of points. The issue isn’t competing, it’s poor defending and finishing where we aren’t winning games we are dominating.

And also (at least in the few games I have seen) another problem that seems to keep coming back season after season which is less a problem with finishing and more players being too reluctant to be the one applying the finish. Dicking about with the ball in and around both areas in fact.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Then why not do it in the summer?

We clearly needed a replacement for Murray and that was before the ridiculous decision to bin off Andone and Locadia after the window had closed. If Potter didn't fancy them they should have been sold in the summer and the proceeds reinvested. Surely that wasn't beyond the wit of the recruitment team and the manager.

Then we wouldn't be in this shambles now.

This This and This. Personally I think we would all like x 4 strikers but i would be happy with going large and replace Murray. £45 million plus in the knowledge that the rejects get sold / of the wage bill plus natural wastage of Bong etc moving on in the summer, got to be worth the gamble to stay in the PL - If we were to go down then they would leave in any case.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It’s looking like we’re not getting any additions this window. We certainly don’t seem prepared for it. If so we truly haven’t learned from last season. And some serious questions to be asked:?

Questions for the Recruitment Department

I can’t guarantee I’ll stay serious for long though. and it’s a big no from me as to Recruitment...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The complacency of our club astounds me... stand still and we will almost certainly be relegated... FFS, last season should have been a MASSIVE warning...

Lush

Mods' Pet
Potter's mantra is that 'everyone can improve'. But to improve you have to acknowledge your shortcomings and be willing to work hard at getting better.

You need humility, and IMHO most top strikers have a certain arrogance about them.

To find an established striker who still believes they can improve and who we can afford, is not going to be easy.

And they still won't be better than Glenn.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Potter's mantra is that 'everyone can improve'. But to improve you have to acknowledge your shortcomings and be willing to work hard at getting better.

You need humility, and IMHO most top strikers have a certain arrogance about them.

To find an established striker who still believes they can improve and who we can afford, is not going to be easy because just about everyone is looking for an established, or even an un-established, striker.

And they still won't be better than Glenn.

I've taken the liberty of adding something........

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The complacency of our club astounds me... stand still and we will almost certainly be relegated... FFS, last season should have been a MASSIVE warning...

Our (apparent) willingness to go through the season so thin up front to me does seem like a huge risk.

Maybe we'll get away with it, maybe not

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Let's watch all the other teams strengthen their squads and seems like we are happy with our squad but as fans we know that we desperately need a forward if we are serious about staying in this league and potter still doesn't know his best x11

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Our online fans do seem to have a reputation as being a bit special on the wider internet. I don’t think the constant meltdowns on here help with that perception.

Then again maybe my view is tainted by the fact I use a multiclub forum which at one point saw us represented by Spence, Sir Albion & Perseus.

They really didn’t help our cause.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Time for potter and co to deliver this forward we desperately need if we are serious about staying up and our rivals are strengthen their squads and we are doing nothing

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Time for potter and co to deliver this forward we desperately need if we are serious about staying up and our rivals are strengthen their squads and we are doing nothing

I'm pretty sure we are not doing nothing.... unless you would rather see us panic buy a forward for the sake of it and maybe bust our pay structure ?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The thing is we are no doubt waiting for another team ( say Chelsea ) to finally sign their new striker so we can get one of their's on loan.

We also could well have another striker 'on hold' in case this loan falls through.

We cannot force this team to let us have the loan until they are ready.

So we all wait.

And when we get the striker..... we then all worry about getting a right back lol

Who wants a dull deadline day anyway ?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Why can't we just bring Percy Tau over from Belgium as a new striker?

No work permit you will say - so can someone fill me in why this Tanzania player Samatta has got a work permit? Whats the difference with Tau?

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Use the ask the club feature in the main Forum section, they love questions like this.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

100% correct.

Yet for some reason people get upset when this point is raised. Look we all love the club, but surely even the happy clappers can see that not getting an additional striker is a huge risk to us staying up?

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Why can't we just bring Percy Tau over from Belgium as a new striker?

No work permit you will say - so can someone fill me in why this Tanzania player Samatta has got a work permit? Whats the difference with Tau?

I’m not sure Samatta has got a work permit. I thought I read something that said Villa were still waiting for clearance.

Might be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here