Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question Time

Redundant Gigolo

Jan 19, 2016
A very good friend of mine works for the Labour Party - low level sort of analyst role.

She's from a Jewish family and has told some appalling stories about the threatening, bullying, confrontation cohersion that comes from certain relevolutionaries within the party.

She said that it makes Malcolm tucker look like something out of an Enid Blyton story. Most worrying though was her affirmation that some of the hard left senior members openly admit in internal meetings that its power within the party they aspire to -
Not in parliament.

It's so sad. A vibrant opposition is critical for democracy to work. It seems politics attracts some of the most ambitious but limited people from society.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
John McDonnell can't keep using that "I was only joking" line as his get out of jail free card surely?

The financial crash was a good thing for undermining the country - I was joking.
We should kneecap Labour councillors opposed to the IRA - I was joking.
Chairman Mao quotes - I was joking.
Thatcher should be assassinated - I was joking.
Labour MPs are f*cking useless - I was joking.
Female Tory Minister should be lynched - I was joking.
I'm honest with you, I'm a Marxist - I was joking.

Even if you don't like Soubry or what she stands for, she was bloody well right about what she said. He is a nasty piece of work, he's an IRA-loving, Trotskyite bully who openly admits to using the Labour Party as a means to an end for himself. If, God forbid, his sort ever came to power then you would only have to look at Venezuela to see where this country would end up.

He is a very dangerous man. And a bit of a k**b

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
John McDonnell can't keep using that "I was only joking" line as his get out of jail free card surely?

The financial crash was a good thing for undermining the country - I was joking.

Even if you don't like Soubry or what she stands for, she was bloody well right about what she said. He is a nasty piece of work, he's an IRA-loving, Trotskyite bully who openly admits to using the Labour Party as a means to an end for himself. If, God forbid, his sort ever came to power then you would only have to look at Venezuela to see where this country would end up.

And Anna Soubry who is being investigated for buying an election is no better but you don't mention that ?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And Anna Soubry who is being investigated for buying an election is no better but you don't mention that ?

And I didn't mention Corbynite MPs, Sir Kevin Barron and John Healey who are also being investigated for buying elections either. I'm willing to give all of them including Soubry the benefit of the doubt until proven guilty whereas there is no doubting McDonnell's admiration for the IRA nor his Marxist beliefs.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Pathetic whataboutery. We're talking about a bloke who aspires to the second highest position in the land who has befriended terrorists, praised their actions and called for the lynching, assassination and knee-capping of those he doesn't agree with but that's okay because here's a woman who claimed some poppies on expenses.

Exactly, no comparison.

theboybilly

Quite a falling out but looked like an Honesty v Spin battle the winner is judged by which way you individually see politics. Personally I think the spin aka Cameruin or Blair is on the wane.

Cameruin..that's a new one on me,well done. Makes,a change from the usual ConDems (ad nausium) of a few years ago. That feckin' Daily Mirage has a lot to answer for 😊

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Soubry and Campbell acted in an absolutely disgraceful manner on that programme.

Dimbleby needs to be pensioned off. What a poor chair he is. He allows an uninterrupted two minute slanderous personal attack on McDonnell and then decides he has no right to reply.

The BBC is so biased against Labour it is shameful.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I thought that the row between Campbell and Mcdonnell was pretty unedifying. The irony is that they are both rather unpleasant people and are both bullys who have no reservations in using threats and intimidation to get their way. Sadly the row only served to expose the dramtic divide currently ripping the Labour party apart. As for Soubry, she was also fairly unpleasant. Its hardly surprising that people are desperate for politics to be conducted in a completely different way but whether Jeremy Corbyn is the answer remains to be seen. He needs to escape from the "hard left" tag if Labour are going to stand any chance of becoming electable but characters like the pupeteer McDonnell will make that very difficult and there's little doubt that Momentum are a left wing trojan horse that will need to be dealt with at some stage.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I thought that the row between Campbell and Mcdonnell was pretty unedifying. The irony is that they are both rather unpleasant people and are both bullys who have no reservations in using threats and intimidation to get their way. Sadly the row only served to expose the dramtic divide currently ripping the Labour party apart. As for Soubry, she was also fairly unpleasant. Its hardly surprising that people are desperate for politics to be conducted in a completely different way but whether Jeremy Corbyn is the answer remains to be seen. He needs to escape from the "hard left" tag if Labour are going to stand any chance of becoming electable but characters like the pupeteer McDonnell will make that very difficult and there's little doubt that Momentum are a left wing trojan horse that will need to be dealt with at some stage.
I agree with this, McDonnell is obviously intelligent, robust and capable of a certain style of leadership/management. People don't, however, like him in the way that they like Jeremy Corbyn and that is a significant shortcoming in a politician seeking election.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
How about you replying to the comments relating to McDonnell?

I will.
He has been invited on QT and is allowed his say.
Irrespective of whether you like or dislike him and his politics the question was turned into a personal attack by Soubry and Campbell and Dimbleby did not give him the opportunity to reply.
Because I am not blinded by hatred of left wing Labour I felt sorry for him on this occasion, it got nasty and personal so he should have had the chance to reply.
Not many have mentioned the Scotch lassie, her bit about people being sold a pup by Brexit was bang on for me.
As for Letts, I have no idea why they even invite that clown on.
At least the others are politicians who are passionate about their politics, except the personal attack which was wrong and should have been stopped.
Overall though you can see from that programme alone why so many people, especially the young are so pissed off with politicians from all sides, I know I am.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
As a Ukipper, I obviously don't agree too much with your politics. But this we agree on.:lol:

What do you think about the new leader of UKIP ?
Any good, you have to sort of admire Farage as much as I would like to see him washed down a drain.
Will she be able to keep up the momentum that Farage managed to do.
Going to be interesting because I thought Nige was UKIP.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

Once again you are spot on. Personally I despise cambell too. Nasty bully of a man.Disagree with him and his anger is easy to see.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
What do you think about the new leader of UKIP ?
Any good, you have to sort of admire Farage as much as I would like to see him washed down a drain.
Will she be able to keep up the momentum that Farage managed to do.
Going to be interesting because I thought Nige was UKIP.

She seems to sing from the same hymn sheet. It's going to be interesting to see if the party can continue to grow, or if people that voted solely over the EU will drift away, now that it's primary objective has been achieved. She has a tough job on her hands. Farage will still have a huge input I'm sure.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I will.
He has been invited on QT and is allowed his say.
Irrespective of whether you like or dislike him and his politics the question was turned into a personal attack by Soubry and Campbell and Dimbleby did not give him the opportunity to reply.
Because I am not blinded by hatred of left wing Labour I felt sorry for him on this occasion, it got nasty and personal so he should have had the chance to reply.
Not many have mentioned the Scotch lassie, her bit about people being sold a pup by Brexit was bang on for me.
As for Letts, I have no idea why they even invite that clown on.
At least the others are politicians who are passionate about their politics, except the personal attack which was wrong and should have been stopped.
Overall though you can see from that programme alone why so many people, especially the young are so pissed off with politicians from all sides, I know I am.

Was his quote that. Campbell and Blair cost 5 mill votes not personal ? and his quote that they are the reason why labour list the last election ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here