Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question Time this week with Joey Barton

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
The UKIP rep absolutely shone and wiped the floor with everyone else, it was like a party political broadcast for UKIP. The Labour woman had an absolute car crash.

You're looking at it through ukip glasses.

She just shouted a lot and couldn't explain any policies.

If it was a party political broadcast for anyone, it was for "none of the above".

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Clearly I live on a different planet then :

1. I thought Barton came across quite well. Even the 4 ugly women thing was slightly over blown by the UKIP woman and the woman in the audience.
2. Other than her faked disgust at Barton I thought the UKIP woman was fairly good.
3. Piers Morgan, someone I detest, came across quite well - bar the Heathrow question.
4. The Labour and Tory reps came across EXACTLY the same as always - boring and out of touch. I wonder why UKIP are growing ?
5. I quite enjoyed the show.
6. Amusing there was no Lib Dem - hmmmmm - dead and buried ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

If it was a party political broadcast for anyone, it was for "none of the above".

And which policies did Labour or the Tories manage to highlight successfully ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why does everyone in the audience look as though they haven't slept for a week?

QT was from Heathrow , most of them would live underneath the flight path :lol:

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Same when I supported Labour, didn't know what they stood for in the end, and I still don't know now.
Better off for me voting UKIP, and will keep voting UKIP. At least they are clear on immigration and the EU which is something that bothers me. All Labour do now is pussy foot around the subject with their one nation bollox.

Was expecting after their dismal display they would at least come out with something to help win UKIP voters back like me, at the moment nothing.
Labour will never change, and Labour will change nothing. All they are good at is telling everyone else what to do.

Totally understand disillusionment with all the main political parties, I am pretty much with you on that. I couldn't support a party though that hasn't told me what they believe in, other than being anti EU and hardline on immigration. (Albeit I disagree with them over that anyway...) I rather doubt that when they finally get round to it there'll be much to attract lapsed Labour supporters.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

1. I thought Barton came across quite well. Even the 4 ugly women thing was slightly over blown by the UKIP woman and the woman in the audience.
2. Other than her faked disgust at Barton I thought the UKIP woman was fairly good.
3. Piers Morgan, someone I detest, came across quite well - bar the Heathrow question.
4. The Labour and Tory reps came across EXACTLY the same as always - boring and out of touch. I wonder why UKIP are growing ?

Interesting how we all see things. I actually thought the Tory spoke well and was very considered in responses, highlighting a lot of the work that is already in place. Morgan as well, like you, can't stand the bloke, but he was also considered......

Labour were completely side-lined (an after-thought if you like), with little meaningful input, which I feel reflects where they are as a party. I also felt that the UKIP lady was ok in places, but when pressured around policy, was all huff and puff, and didn't provide any coherent messages.

TBH I can't comment on Barton, as I really detest him more than Morgan (never thought I'd say that).......

Good show as you say.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Same when I supported Labour, didn't know what they stood for in the end, and I still don't know now.
Better off for me voting UKIP, and will keep voting UKIP. At least they are clear on immigration and the EU which is something that bothers me. All Labour do now is pussy foot around the subject with their one nation bollox.

Was expecting after their dismal display they would at least come out with something to help win UKIP voters back like me, at the moment nothing.
Labour will never change, and Labour will change nothing. All they are good at is telling everyone else what to do.

I think I've heard of those two somewhere.

I was hoping you were going to name 3 things they are clear on.................

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

I wouldn't vote UKIP if they were the last option on the ballot paper so 'UKIP glasses' have nothing to do with it. She didn't 'shout' at all, was a very impressive orator and came out of it with the most credit so myself and my other half (traditionally Labour/Green voters) thought. Both Labour and the Tory boy were frankly pathetic on the night.

D

Deleted member 22389

You would think after the dismal display of Labour they would be doing something to get some of the old voters back. They have done nothing, and will continue doing nothing. Labour have become too comfortable and that is the problem with political parties in this country. It makes it almost impossible for parties like UKIP to make any sort of ground because of the system, that's not fair on the people who want a change.

I'm hoping UKIP come good next year, I really do. I hope UKIP get a decent manifesto together and give Labour a good lesson on why you should listen to your voters.
Out of all the parties in this county I think Labour did the most damage to our country. I understand the economic downturn was not their fault, but everything else we see today is a direct result of how they ran our country.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
You would think after the dismal display of Labour they would be doing something to get some of the old voters back. They have done nothing, and will continue doing nothing. Labour have become too comfortable and that is the problem with political parties in this country. It makes it almost impossible for parties like UKIP to make any sort of ground because of the system, that's not fair on the people who want a change.

I'm hoping UKIP come good next year, I really do. I hope UKIP get a decent manifesto together and give Labour a good lesson on why you should listen to your voters.
Out of all the parties in this county I think Labour did the most damage to our country. I understand the economic downturn was not their fault, but everything else we see today is a direct result of how they ran our country.

Sadly Labour are following the policy of the Tories while they were in opposition - say nothing about anything and hoping that they get in on the incumbents lack of popularity. What brought that home to me was the Labour EU election pamphlet - it had NOTHING about the EU in it and just attacked the Tories - almost entirely on domestic policy. No polices and no ideas / solutions - Red Ed is a liability and anyone that votes for his party currently needs taking out and shooting - it would be a kindness.

D

Deleted member 22389

Sadly Labour are following the policy of the Tories while they were in opposition - say nothing about anything and hoping that they get in on the incumbents lack of popularity. What brought that home to me was the Labour EU election pamphlet - it had NOTHING about the EU in it and just attacked the Tories - almost entirely on domestic policy. No polices and no ideas / solutions - Red Ed is a liability and anyone that votes for his party currently needs taking out and shooting - it would be a kindness.

Should the Labour party get back in, I will give it a few months before people actually start saying, "What did we vote for here?".

Labour are good for two things, deeper integration with the EU and increased immigration.
Once they get in, they can try and shut people up like us. They probably even make it a criminal offence to talk about immigration, because as we know Labour just love tellling everyone else what to do so they can control your life.

I hope Labour piss off enough people this time, so that UKIP start eating in to their support.

Last edited by a moderator:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Should the Labour party get back in, I will give it a few months before people actually start saying, "What did we vote for here?".

Labour are good for two things, deeper integration with the EU and increased immigration.
Once they get in, they can try and shut people up like us. They probably even make it a criminal offence to talk about immigration, because as we know Labour just love tellling everyone else what to do so they can control your life.

I hope Labour piss off enough people this time, so that UKIP start eating in to their support.

What's hilarious about this is that the demographic of UKIP supporters suggests that the bulk of their support is switching from the Tories so with a bit of luck CMD will fail again at an election because if UKIP have any inkling of success it is likely to be at expense of conservative seats!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hope this show goes some way to dismissing the notion that he is intelligent though. Some people seem to confuse intelligence with opinion for some reason.

Just watched it. Mission accomplished.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know what was said was harsh however do you really believe Milliband is Prime Minister material ?

I feel David would have been a better bet but of all the options out there, and what I want delivered, for me he is the best option. I have to believe he is PM material. Not a ringing endorsement I agree.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I feel David would have been a better bet but of all the options out there, and what I want delivered, for me he is the best option. I have to believe he is PM material. Not a ringing endorsement I agree.

We do agree on one thing then, the wrong brother is in the job at present.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The wrong man is leading the labour party, but what is interesting is that labour (and ukip) are the ones setting the political agenda at the moment. Cost of living, energy prices, immigration, Europe etc all hiding the stories that the Tories would love to be discussing instead

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here