Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question Time this Thursday

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
The only thing i hope happens is that he's shown up for what he is, sadly he's a smooth talking barsteward so there will be more BNP voters as a result of this rather than less....

I used to think that we should give him all the publicity he can get, but thats not working so I think we'd be better off getting Black Watch to pop him off in the night sometime, under the cover of darkness and all that...

nO i RECKON

tonight will bring in the punters plus more importantly, the media will review it big style from the demo's outside to the BBC News warm up and the media tomorow will debate every word.

Good, then let get the BNP as a news worthy story - out of the system, and with reference to all the parties, lets find out what they really stand for, what are their programmes, how different will these policies affect our lives, what is the incremental difference between the policies, and that is what I want and need to know.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The only thing i hope happens is that he's shown up for what he is, sadly he's a smooth talking barsteward so there will be more BNP voters as a result of this rather than less....

And this is the point.

It doesn't matter what is said, as long as it is said in an eloquent manner that comes across as articulate and well-thought out, people will be taken in and will swallow it. Scratch the surface, however...

We truly have a gullible electorate in this country.

Jan 30, 2008
I have heard Nick Griffin plenty of times. There is nothing he has to say of any value, and there is nothing to be learned from him.

However, if you want to continue your kittenish admiration for him, you go ahead. Don't drag me down to your level.

i've never actually said i admire him but i will have a look on thursday evening and no doubt you'll be on here friday to cast your expert views on things.???

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not in my household.

"Ooh, look there's a pig-faced racist on telly tonight."

"Oh, Goody..."

:rolleyes:
I usually can't listen to Question Time anyway as I find it too irritating. I shall definitely give it a miss tonight which means I can mercifully give tomorrow's inevitable binfest a miss as well.

I've got a horrible, sneaking feeling it's going to be similar to the infamous Meridian 'Goodbye to the Goldstone' programme where if you were a neutral you would have sympahised with that nice, generous Mr Archer and not the squawking, ungrateful fans. The BNP have already won the publicity war and unless Griffin totally screws up I think he'll get away with it. And I don't think he will screw it up; the one lesson the BNP has learnt from the mainstream parties is that neatly-packaged obfuscation and half-truths are better than stating your views honesty and openly.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I usually can't listen to Question Time anyway as I find it too irritating. I shall definitely give it a miss tonight which means I can mercifully give tomorrow's inevitable binfest a miss as well.

I've got a horrible, sneaking feeling it's going to be similar to the infamous Meridian 'Goodbye to the Goldstone' programme where if you were a neutral you would have sympahised with that nice, generous Mr Archer and not the squawking, ungrateful fans. The BNP have already won the publicity war and unless Griffin totally screws up I think he'll get away with it. And I don't think he will screw it up; the one lesson the BNP has learnt from the mainstream parties is that neatly-packaged obfuscation and half-truths are better than stating your views honesty and openly.

Agreed. Question Time is generally little more than carefully manipulated ad-men babbling about nothing in particular. The difference tonight is that it might be a bit more animated.

I fear the audience will fall into the trap of just abusing him (understandable). It's not good enough just to heckle that he's a racist. Like, no shit, Sherlock. As if he'll care.

Fact is, it's one thing him talking out of his arse, but there will some watching who will see his views as valid if they aren't picked up and challenged/rebuked/blown apart, rather than left for the audience (TV and studio) to ponder. And it's for the panellists (rather than the audience) to do this. But they too risk falling into that same trap.

That's how little faith I have in large parts of the electorate, and the panel.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

Good post! Agree with all of that. I get angry and irate watching QT so would usually rather watch something else. Rarely does a straight question get a straight answer.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
therin lies the rub. The common people are thick. People being treated with contempt like that is a direct contributing cause to the rise of the BNP.

I'm going to whisper this...

*I agree with you there*

sssshhhhh.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
This is being chanted outside the Beeb:

"Build a bonfire, build a bonfire, put Nick Griffin on the top, put the Nazis in the middle, and burn the f***ing lot."

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
therin lies the rub. The common people are thick. People being treated with contempt like that is a direct contributing cause to the rise of the BNP.
...is absolutely the correct answer.

THis has been brewing for years. I remember commenting (on NSC) about an issue of Question Time from Oldham where an old woman in the audience complained about standards of behaviour. She then dared to mention that most of the people causing the trouble were Asian. You could feel most of the chattering middle class audience curl up with embarrassment that someone local had mentioned that a particular racial minority in this instance was causing trouble. The politicians on the panel of course jumped on this and trotted out the usual shit sound bites designed to belittle her irritation and give fluffy "solutions" to the problem. At the time, I remember feeling pissed off at the audience who let them get away with this, presumably before they f***ed off back to Cheshire in their 4x4s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here