Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question Time this Thursday

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Don't let clapham hear you say that:D

See what he did there ? .. and he'll do it time and time again.

Imply something was implied, but wasn't.

Clever game, to slightly retreat every now and then like a poor wounded animal on the basis of a faked injury.

Not fooling me - anyone else ?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
See that Hain has lost his battle - Griffin WILL be on tomorrow.

Anyone who gets 950,000 votes in an Election should be allowed on the BBCs flagship political programme.

I hope that the audience grill him with some decent, well thought out questions. John Humphries(sp) interviewed him on Today on Radio 4 a few months ago and gave him a torrid time - on the same day Nicky Campell interviewed him and Griffin ate him alive.

Looking forward to it.

Interesting is'nt it...I listened to Humphries vs. Griffin and thought that Humphries just blizzarded Griffin with questions and left no room whatsoever for answers so came across as as journalistically very poor as I learnt nothing at all from the exchange. I did'nt hear Campbell vs. Griffin but am not surprised that Griffin owned him.

This is the problem in a nutshell. There are obviously a lot of people who actually would like to at least hear what the BNP have to say. Interviewers seem to think that just shouting and continually interrupting them is the way to come across well with the viewers and listeners and to avoid being accused of "giving them airtime" by loathsome creatures like Reeta Chakrabahti and Trevor Phillips.

Like her or loathe her Vanessa Feltz's view is the correct one in my view. She engages with the BNP on an intellectual level, she lets them speak with politeness and dignity and then opens them up from chin to navel with logic and cool observation. I suppose, as a Jew, she has learnt that to deal most effectively with nazi's you have to challenge them from the head rather than from the heart.

If Griffin goes on QT tonight and gets booed, heckled and shouted down the only ones to benefit will be the BNP.

Let them speak and show us who they really are. It is worth noting again that, almost by stealth, the mainstream parties are implementing some Nationalist policies which have been popular with voters but never daring to credit the BNP with coming up with them because of their other disgusting ideas related to race and religion. Perhaps they are afraid that Griffin will point this out if he is allowed to speak openly?

Politicians recognise the visceral appeals of the far right but are far too savvy to associate themselves with the school of thought which spawns them in the first place. Not if they ever want to govern that is.

In the BNP's favour is that at least they are honest about their ideas. They are unashamedly Far Right and nationalistic and don't hide behind weasel words and gallery playing. The other parties may agree with them on many things but would NEVER admit it in public. Just like a lot of the general population I suppose.

Politics is about power and to get power you need votes. If the voters want to introduce immigration controls, harsher penalties for criminals, mass deportation of illegals, control of religious extremism and other Nationalist policies, even if that is what the BNP has been espousing for years, then as sure as eggs are eggs the Tories or labour will adopt those policies with no reference whatsoever to Nick Griffin and his bunch of Nazi bellends.

I was reading the stuff in the press recently about the outrage that followed a piece on Radio 1 where two young BNP activists were asked about their views on things, I read the transcript of what was said and it seemed to me the sort of thing I hear down the pub from a lot of young white men, certainly nothing racially offensive or OTT..the clamour of protest was huge, how dare they be allowed to speak openly? who was responsible for giving them a platform?...blah blah blah..You know what I was thinking...I wonder how many listeners would have reacted in this way if the two men were not identified as BNP activists? if they were just two young Radio 1 listeners saying what they thought...no one I'll bet.

Ideas, even if we don't like them are not for censorship, not in a healthy democracy. Never.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I did'nt hear Campbell vs. Griffin but am not surprised that Griffin owned him.

He didn't in any which way or form.

I listened to both and it was a much better interview because he didn't shout him down and let him put his "views" across. In other words he let Griffin dig his own hole in exactly the way you suggest is the best way to interview him.

The best way to let the BNP look stupid is simply to let them talk and Campbell achieved that.

In the BNP's favour is that at least they are honest about their ideas.

That was certainly true a few years ago, but most definately isn't now. They keep very quiet about very recent views on Jewish people and I read recent comments about the Ghurkas completely contradict comments made only a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
That was certainly true a few years ago, but most definately isn't now. They keep very quiet about very recent views on Jewish people and I read recent comments about the Ghurkas completely contradict comments made only a few weeks ago.

OK, well if we do'nt let them speak how can we find out about these inconsistencies?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Legally he was so there's no dispute.

Interesting view.

So, if an Afghan came into this country, having no links with here or the Commonwealth, lied about his origins and presented some forged papers to get a passport you think that possession of that passport would entitle him to live in that country.

I think you'd be alone in believing that - most people would think that because he lied in making the passport claim that his citizenship would be forfeited. Hell. you wouldn't have to be a BNP supporter to think that's a step too far.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Shall DEFO be tuning in :D Shall be interesting.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Shall DEFO be tuning in :D Shall be interesting.

I bet you will

Pied-Piper-1.jpg

Jan 30, 2008
there's an answer to all this ,if you don't like it don't watch it, i had to chuckle this morning on bbc breakfast news with the black female labour MP banging on about not having griffin on the show and how she was the first female black politition on the same show a few years back , so there's a first time for everything eh ???

there's an answer to all this ,if you don't like it don't watch it, i had to chuckle this morning on bbc breakfast news with the black female labour MP banging on about not having griffin on the show and how she was the first female black politition on the same show a few years back , so there's a first time for everything eh ???

iF IT WAS dIANNE Abbot boy she is a waste

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Normallly the Question time thread has one man and his dog on it unless Easy 10 is perving over Caroline Flint.

Judging by this it will be a ratings winner if nothing else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here