Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Question Time Official SHAMBLES Thead

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Or a bumbling bust body who admitted that she has been fighting the government for over 10 years to ensure that everything was done in the correct manner, I dont think the result of the referendum came into it...... Has she said how she voted? Or everybody assumes she is a remain.

She is listed as a business woman, in the same way as Tim Martin is, whose business we all know, but what is her line of business?

You are only aware of Tim Martin’s business because he’s a gobshite who likes talking (or shouting) about himself. Google will tell you about Gina Miller’s.

Stumpy Tim

Or a bumbling bust body who admitted that she has been fighting the government for over 10 years to ensure that everything was done in the correct manner, I dont think the result of the referendum came into it...... Has she said how she voted? Or everybody assumes she is a remain.?

How dare she want the government to follow the law! Outrageous!

Jan 30, 2008
A thousands times more of a patriot than Boris Johnson who could have helped deliver a flavour of Brexit in line with the referendum result but has instead chosen to forge ahead with a hard Brexit that has no mandate whatsoever and in the view of parliament will only serve the elite, particularly billionaire speculators who have shorted the pound and those with millions in off-shore tax havens.

Lots of words with more than 4 or 5 letters there so I don't expect you to read it, never mind understand or even look into the argument behind it. You are after all, a proven moron.

Gordon is a moron you're another one who's going to be disappointed,you've proven time and time again what a delicate flower you really are , get ready for Brexit
Regards
DF

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
"they're still decent economic reasons on the face of it" i.e. if you read the Daily Mail and don't intend to do a ton of reading around the subject to find out why they're flawed arguments.

And let's be honest, whatever the 2019 Leave campaign wants us to believe, there are a fair portion of Leave voters that voted because of a number on a bus in 2016. On the face of it, £350m into the NHS sounds great and it's well worth voting for. But it's a completely flawed argument if you do any research around it.

The ONS (Office for National Statistics) actually rubbished that figure even before the referendum, but I don't think they ever took it off the bus.

I have always maintained that the result of the referendum might well have been different had the BREXIT campaign and the right wing press not lied constantly, quite apart from being somewhat underhand (slight understatement) on the funding of the campaign.

No doubt someone will come back with some piffle about Project Fear......

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The ONS (Office for National Statistics) actually rubbished that figure even before the referendum, but I don't think they ever took it off the bus.

I have always maintained that the result of the referendum might well have been different had the BREXIT campaign and the right wing press not lied constantly, quite apart from being somewhat underhand (slight understatement) on the funding of the campaign.

No doubt someone will come back with some piffle about Project Fear......

The one thing the Leave campaign team (and I include BJ in this) got right throughout the process was the positive spin they put on Brexit pre-referendum. From a marketing and PR perspective, their campaign blew Remain's out the water and gave a lot of very disillusioned people something to cling on to. That most of it was utter bollocks is neither here nor there. Emotion wins out over logic and fact almost every time on subjects as emotive as this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The one thing the Leave campaign team (and I include BJ in this) got right throughout the process was the positive spin they put on Brexit pre-referendum. From a marketing and PR perspective, their campaign blew Remain's out the water and gave a lot of very disillusioned people something to cling on to. That most of it was utter bollocks is neither here nor there. Emotion wins out over logic and fact almost every time on subjects as emotive as this.
Yep the lies and xenophobic rhetoric with no substance or specific detail as to how leaving the EU was going to happen was steeped in positivity.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Or a bumbling bust body who admitted that she has been fighting the government for over 10 years to ensure that everything was done in the correct manner, I dont think the result of the referendum came into it...... Has she said how she voted? Or everybody assumes she is a remain.

She is listed as a business woman, in the same way as Tim Martin is, whose business we all know, but what is her line of business?

It may come as a surprise to you but there are various ways of earning a living beyond owning a pub.

She has a long history of fighting for transparency within the establishment (hardly just "admitted" it) and isn't affiliated to any political party. In fact she has turned advances down.

Hope that helps.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
First time I'd seen Gina Miller for any length of time: she's one smart cookie.

When she said "I'm not an MP", I was thinking that she should be, she's much brighter than most of them (although in Mark Francois's case, a sack of spuds would be)

She impressed me as well. Cool, calm, collected. Just mentioned facts.

Loved the way that the two usual "Leave means Leave" members planted in the audience tried to take her own.

2 Audience Members "We voted Leave"

GM: "Some actual factual stuff"

2 Audience Members, Homer Blink "err...We voted Leave"

GM: "More factual stuff"

2 Audience Members, Homer Blink "err...We voted Leave..err..... 17.4 Million" (That told her)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Does anyone ever bother watching this any more?
It's better to listen to it on Radio 4 - anecdotally they seem to turn the volume down a bit on the shouty audience - and it is easier to focus on the panelists.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If more people showed a proper interest in politics and not just took their information off the side of a bus then we wouldn't be in this current mess

Surely anyone who is actually interested in politics is on the other side watching Newsnight. It's greatly improved since Evan Davis left to ruin PM.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that James Cleverly came across well and was straight to the point each time.The Labour MP was an embarrassment, as they usually are, in fact he was the only one who failed to say anything remotely constructive.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I thought that James Cleverly came across well and was straight to the point each time.The Labour MP was an embarrassment, as they usually are, in fact he was the only one who failed to say anything remotely constructive.

As in refusing to answer the question about breaking the terms of the Benn Act and simply saying the "law".

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Yep the lies and xenophobic rhetoric with no substance or specific detail as to how leaving the EU was going to happen was steeped in positivity.

Unfortunately, it was. That's a large part of the reason why they won. Although they sold it much better than just have :D

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If more people showed a proper interest in politics and not just took their information off the side of a bus then we wouldn't be in this current mess

Anybody interested in politics can play spot the stooge in the QT audience. One man has appeared 4 times recently and revealed to be a UKIP councillor.
The producer of QT is very pally with certain right wing politicians.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Quite. You don't even need to take a huge interest in it, just avoid being brainwashed by false propaganda.

It would be even easier if our politicians told the truth, and/or got punished for telling porkies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here