Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Question Time Official SHAMBLES Thead

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Anybody interested in politics can play spot the stooge in the QT audience. One man has appeared 4 times recently and revealed to be a UKIP councillor.
The producer of QT is very pally with certain right wing politicians.

But the BBC is all Marxist propaganda, isn't it...?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I thought that James Cleverly came across well and was straight to the point each time.The Labour MP was an embarrassment, as they usually are, in fact he was the only one who failed to say anything remotely constructive.

Unsurprisingly, my view is totally at odds with yours. James Cleverly came across as someone who is toeing the party line and just saying what he has been told to say.

People's attitudes to the individual panellists are going to be down to whether they agree with them or not. But the worst by far was that Reckless bloke. he would have been more at home in a school debating society.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The one thing the Leave campaign team (and I include BJ in this) got right throughout the process was the positive spin they put on Brexit pre-referendum. From a marketing and PR perspective, their campaign blew Remain's out the water and gave a lot of very disillusioned people something to cling on to. That most of it was utter bollocks is neither here nor there. Emotion wins out over logic and fact almost every time on subjects as emotive as this.

The sad thing is there still seem to be people around who are expecting £350,000,000 to be spent on the NHS, and are wondering why it hasn't happened yet......

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Unfortunately the winners won't accept it either. It really is quite simple.

Theresa May did something really really stupid. The result of the referendum was tight, but the Government had a majority. She went for an election and imported the close referendum result into Parliament.

It's then complete open season in a representative democracy where 1) The opposition oppose (clue is in the name) 2) The right wing of the Tory party and the DUP start flexing their muscles.

The reality is this. If it wasn't for that election we would now be out with Northern Ireland declared a special region if the border technology isn't in place.

You can blame the opposition / remainers all you like, but you sound like someone who has lost 5-0 blaming the referee.

Tactically the Conservative have ****ed this up and continue to **** it up. They are now completely desperate and relying on base populism.

You will not be able to 'browbeat' the opposition with facts, truth and logic......

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I was a big fan of QT but it lacks something which is amazing when you consider what's happening or not happening depending upon ones view, last high Mr Cleverly is wheeled out as a safe pair of hands and sure to completely toe the line for who ever is the Tory leader at that moment, Mr Reckless for the flat earth society was surprisingly sensible as was the Labour guy but the stand out panellist was Gina Miller again irrespective of your views on Brixit she has almost singlehanded ensured that the Political class act within the bounds of the law

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Can somebody move this claptrap to the Brexit thread where it can fester in its own slime, and leave us to get on with our lives.

The thread is about Question Time, which last night was mainly about BREXIT - Quelle Surprise! You don't have to read it.!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It's bizarre anyone could argue against it. It's simply the truth.

It's the major difference of opinion in the leave campaign. I've just finishing reading Cameron's autobiography which simply confirmed what I'd witnessed.

The new economic liberalism of Raab, Truss, Gove etc.. relies on cheap foreign labour, but they needed to leave to EU with their pesky laws on workers rights.

Their cynicism was to let Farage freak out everyone about immigration (and if not keep quiet) make some vague statements about taking back control of our borders.

Added to that, they needed a proven electable "leader" who whilst being pro-immigration and freedom of movement will go along with anything to be PM.

To somehow glue this together, they get in a weird disaster spin doctor who ends up making Boris break the law.

It's a fascinating cluster**** to observe.
The only analogy I can think of is the Chuckle Brothers do the Russian Revolution.

Meanwhile their "supporters" (really ?) blame Gina Miller and the Supreme Court. :dunce:

Completely played.

Here's a much better analogy.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
if we are playing 'word of the day' .... the referendum was inveigled.

I think our political system is often summed up by the hardly everyday speech thats used and associated words. It’s deliciously ironic. Brexit has been full of nouns where a far clearer, plainer word would have sufficed. Instead, we all have to reach for the dictionary to understand a word last used in the Canterbury Tales...when for example, ‘knobhead’ would’ve done :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here