Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Question re Europa Qualification - Group Stage

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I agree the drop-down thing is shit - both 3rd placed CL down to EL, and equally 3rd place EL down to ECL. I've said so earlier in this thread, and I'm pleased they are scrapping that after this season.

There's nothing unfair about it, though. So long as the rules of any competition (however unusual they are) are published and understood and accepted before the thing starts, there can't be any real complaints.
The dropping down thing is shite. I'm not sure that it isn't shite in the qualifying rounds either. But it does lead to some tremendous anomalies like BATE from Belarus, who managed to get knocked out of all 3 European competitions in the qualifying stages this season. This is after finishing 3rd in their league and only qualifying for the Champions League as the top two teams are banned from European competition due to match fixing.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
I take it the draw from now on is open?

Can we get to the final without playing on the continent?

Newcastle - Knock out.
West Ham - Last 16.
Utd - Quarters.
Liverpool - semi.

How f**king depressing would that be?
Ironically every team in Europe would love that scenario

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I take it the draw from now on is open?

Can we get to the final without playing on the continent?

Newcastle - Knock out.
West Ham - Last 16.
Utd - Quarters.
Liverpool - semi.

How f**king depressing would that be?
Given that you have us reaching the final, it may not be as depressing as it seems. And fans would save a few quid. And possibly make the Champions League.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Given that you have us reaching the final, it may not be as depressing as it seems. And fans would save a few quid. And possibly make the Champions League.
Nah, for me this campaign is all about the journey(s).

I'd be absolutely gutted if we miss out on Italy, Germany Spain or Portugal, for the sake of beating West f**king Ham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here