Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Question from someone far away planning to visit the Amex

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Cheers! :) Yeah, I'm hoping the ticket transfer works out so I can focus on looking forward to the trip as early as possible, rather than worrying (even though it seems likely that a single ticket will be available via the ticket exchange).

The reply I got from the club via mail was polite but firm that the 2-week wait after paying for the membership is set in stone. But good to hear that magic might happen over the phone, I'll keep that in mind for sure.

(And I didn't know it's Foster's they're serving at the Amex! Almost as bad as what the Americans drink!)
I transferred tickets to family members this season one of whom, I’m pretty sure, had only become a member the day before. So I don’t think you’ll have a problem with the 2 week business. Let’s hope not. Have a great trip.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
As others have mentioned, if you're just looking for a single ticket you should be able to get one. If the game sells out, the ticket exchange will be open and if you post on here nearer the time, someone will likely know someone who can transfer you their ticket (but think that would be another 20 quid for the privilege).

Worst case scenario, you could contact the club and they might be able to sort you out with one ticket.
As a member who only comes over once or twice a year, I would think buying a single ticket is easy enough. I find it difficult to buy 2 seats together even on the day I can buy them. There are always lots of single seats if you are not too fussy where you sit.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Hmm, now I'm wondering whether I should shell out 38 pounds for an international membership to ensure access to tickets to the Wolverton and Everton matches when I come over in April and May. I've been following seat availability as soon as tickets are on general sale since the season started, and always found lots of singles all over the stadium for B and C grade matches. I suppose if the team remain in the hunt for a top 5 finish by season's end, European football fever might take hold and even those matches could sell out very quickly. Decisions, decisions...

Edit: I've just noticed that I can purchase tickets to the March 16 Palace fixture if I wanted to, but there are very few seats left.

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I may have missed it, but has anyone asked why you’re a Brighton fan? The link to Ostersunds via Potter, Viktor Gyökeres or just a love of Seagulls?
He never actually says he’s a Brighton fan in the OP

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
I'm not using my Season Ticket for that game. If you get Albion+ I should be able to put you on Friends And Family and transfer the ticket to you for that game, if you can't get one.
Hey people, It's high time you/we all take a moment to reflect on just how great a guy @sparkie is! I PM:d him my name and fan no yesterday, asking him for his bank account details, and instead he simply transferred the ticket to me and insisted no payment was necessary, asking me to do a favour for someone else some day.

In a world that seems to go a little more to shit each and every day, such heartwarming decency is almost enough to give a grown man a tear in his eye. Not all heroes wear capes.

I hope you don't mind me telling this, Sparkie, since I very much doubt you would yourself (and just so you know, about paying the favour forward, I donated 50 euros to the Ukraine relief effort in your name now instead, I hope that's a cause you can get behind.)

And a big thank you to all who has chimed in here! It sounds like I most likely would've been able to pick up a stray ticket closer to the game, but now I've been able to get the flights sorted early at a much better price, and can be excited without any lingering worries!

I may have missed it, but has anyone asked why you’re a Brighton fan? The link to Ostersunds via Potter, Viktor Gyökeres or just a love of Seagulls?
Yes, it was indeed Potter who brought me here. I did follow the promotion push and kept a close eye on the team during the first seasons back in the PL, mostly because I'm a sucker for a good underdog story and since Hughton came across as both a scholar and a gentleman. So Brighton already had a soft spot in my heart, but being from Östersund it wasn't until my home-town hero signed on that the stars aligned and I haven't missed a single game since (give or take some pre-season tie where my dodgy stream died half-way through).

And it's such an easy club to fall in love with. A fantastic owner without blood on his hands, beautiful football, not afraid to play youngsters and players who actually seem to be decent blokes (not to mention a fan forum where people often manage to be hilarious even when they're at each other's throats). I do understand that people who tagged along to their first game at the age of four will never accept me as a "true fan", but I must have levitated for a good half minute over my armchair when Mitoma scored last Saturday, and that's all that matters to me :)

And as for my relationship to seagulls, it's complicated. The logo looks great, but having worked as a fisherman in Norway back in the day, I do sometimes dream of strangling one.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Hey people, It's high time you/we all take a moment to reflect on just how great a guy @sparkie is! I PM:d him my name and fan no yesterday, asking him for his bank account details, and instead he simply transferred the ticket to me and insisted no payment was necessary, asking me to do a favour for someone else some day.

In a world that seems to go a little more to shit each and every day, such heartwarming decency is almost enough to give a grown man a tear in his eye. Not all heroes wear capes.

I hope you don't mind me telling this, Sparkie, since I very much doubt you would yourself (and just so you know, about paying the favour forward, I donated 50 euros to the Ukraine relief effort in your name now instead, I hope that's a cause you can get behind.)

And a big thank you to all who has chimed in here! It sounds like I most likely would've been able to pick up a stray ticket closer to the game, but now I've been able to get the flights sorted early at a much better price, and can be excited without any lingering worries!

Yes, it was indeed Potter who brought me here. I did follow the promotion push and kept a close eye on the team during the first seasons back in the PL, mostly because I'm a sucker for a good underdog story and since Hughton came across as both a scholar and a gentleman. So Brighton already had a soft spot in my heart, but being from Östersund it wasn't until my home-town hero signed on that the stars aligned and I haven't missed a single game since (give or take some pre-season tie where my dodgy stream died half-way through).

And it's such an easy club to fall in love with. A fantastic owner without blood on his hands, beautiful football, not afraid to play youngsters and players who actually seem to be decent blokes (not to mention a fan forum where people often manage to be hilarious even when they're at each other's throats). I do understand that people who tagged along to their first game at the age of four will never accept me as a "true fan", but I must have levitated for a good half minute over my armchair when Mitoma scored last Saturday, and that's all that matters to me :)

And as for my relationship to seagulls, it's complicated. The logo looks great, but having worked as a fisherman in Norway back in the day, I do sometimes dream of strangling one.
Don’t worry about the true fan nonsense. I’ve been going to Albion games for 46 years and all that matters is that you have a great day. Just so long as you know the free travel zone doesn’t extend to Sweden.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Don’t worry about the true fan nonsense. I’ve been going to Albion games for 46 years and all that matters is that you have a great day. Just so long as you know the free travel zone doesn’t extend to Sweden.
Also he's going to really have to work on his awful English. I don't know about everyone else but I've no idea what he's going on about. Pretty much everyone at the stadium will be properly fluent In other languages so I don't want him to feel self conscious.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

It's really no problem to have helped. I'm really also very much behind your donation to the Ukraine relief fund :)

Enjoy your trip to Brighton !

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Yes, quite mixed up :) . And thank you for your input, even though it's not what I wanted to hear, I think you might be the voice of reason. I'll get so few opportunities to come over, that I shouldn't gamble. Sigh...
Don't worry, we had a prime minister who made the same mistake once. Spent years telling everyone he was a Villa fan, then accidentally told a press conference he was a West Ham fan :) .

Good luck with everything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here