Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Question from someone far away planning to visit the Amex

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
@Fiskmås if you book your hotel through booking.com you can usually find one with Free Cancellation that applies up until 24 hours before you are due to arrive. Warning tho: Brighton is very popular at weekends so even the budget hotels can work out quite expensive. Good luck!

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
Thank you all so much for chiming in! You've had me change my mind at least four times over the last half hour now...

I followed your recommendation @Wardy's twin and @Moshe Gariani and sent an email to supporter services as a first step (and I hope it didn't come off as too much of a sob story), so I'll await their response and keep practicing Sussex by the sea in the meantime.

And it's closing in on midnight over here, so I say thank you and good night :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did I actually write Villa?! Instead of editing my post I will just hang my head in shame. Considering I've spent the last 24 hours looking at the tickets, I don't understand how I managed to get that one wrong!

And thank you!
If you have mixed up Villa and West ham, I name you 'call me Dave' Cameron, and claim my £5 postal order.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Just to echo what most others are saying, if you're only looking for a single ticket you should be able to get one without too much problem. There'll either be a few dotted about or if it's 'sold out' there'll be some on the ticket exchange. As long as you don't mind where you sit then you shouldn't have a problem. I'm not sure if you need to be a member to access the ticket exchange though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just to echo what most others are saying, if you're only looking for a single ticket you should be able to get one without too much problem. There'll either be a few dotted about or if it's 'sold out' there'll be some on the ticket exchange. As long as you don't mind where you sit then you shouldn't have a problem. I'm not sure if you need to be a member to access the ticket exchange though.
For West Ham, membership would be needed (or purchase history) - think they are sold on the same basis as other available tickets (ie if purchase history was needed, that would still be the case for an exchange ticket etc)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Thank you all so much for chiming in! You've had me change my mind at least four times over the last half hour now...

I followed your recommendation @Wardy's twin and @Moshe Gariani and sent an email to supporter services as a first step (and I hope it didn't come off as too much of a sob story), so I'll await their response and keep practicing Sussex by the sea in the meantime.

And it's closing in on midnight over here, so I say thank you and good night :)
I'm not using my Season Ticket for that game. If you get Albion+ I should be able to put you on Friends And Family and transfer the ticket to you for that game, if you can't get one.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
It’s not been mentioned but your local travel on train and bus is included in your ticket . You will need to check re distances etc.

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
I'm not using my Season Ticket for that game. If you get Albion+ I should be able to put you on Friends And Family and transfer the ticket to you for that game, if you can't get one.
That's a very kind offer @sparkie! And one that I might very well take you up on if possible! I'm afraid it would only be an option after my Albion+ membership is activated, though, so it's the same two weeks I'd have to wait. I'm assuming you will put your ticket up on the exchange or sell it to someone else by transferring it? So fully understandable if you don't want to hold off for that long. And yes, I decided to pay for the membership yesterday (I figured that however this ends I still haven't contributed with a single penny to the club, watching the games either on dodgy streams or in pubs, so becoming a member was the least I could do for all the joy BHA has given me).

I wrote to the supporter services last night and was promised an answer within five working days, one of my main questions being if the two weeks to activate the membership are set in stone, or if that is the maximum amount of time it will take to register me and have the account up and running (this far into the season I'm hoping it might be a whole lot quicker). I also hope that I was so utterly charming (doubtful) that they move me to the front of the queue.

@Fiskmås if you book your hotel through booking.com you can usually find one with Free Cancellation that applies up until 24 hours before you are due to arrive. Warning tho: Brighton is very popular at weekends so even the budget hotels can work out quite expensive. Good luck!
Thank's for the tip @Tom Hark Preston Park! I just reserved a single room through booking.com - next to the pier for 50 pounds per night, sounds like a good price, wouldn't you say? It can be fully refunded up to the 25th of February, so that's one less worry, cheers!

It’s not been mentioned but your local travel on train and bus is included in your ticket . You will need to check re distances etc.
I had no idea @Rogero, so thank you! I'm planning to arrive already on Thursday night, so figured I'd have all Friday to get to grips with the local transport and do some sightseeing (i.e. eating something in every restaurant/pub I happen to walk by). So local travel being included in the ticket is great news (but only to/from the game, I assume?)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That's a very kind offer @sparkie! And one that I might very well take you up on if possible! I'm afraid it would only be an option after my Albion+ membership is activated, though, so it's the same two weeks I'd have to wait. I'm assuming you will put your ticket up on the exchange or sell it to someone else by transferring it? So fully understandable if you don't want to hold off for that long. And yes, I decided to pay for the membership yesterday (I figured that however this ends I still haven't contributed with a single penny to the club, watching the games either on dodgy streams or in pubs, so becoming a member was the least I could do for all the joy BHA has given me).

I wrote to the supporter services last night and was promised an answer within five working days, one of my main questions being if the two weeks to activate the membership are set in stone, or if that is the maximum amount of time it will take to register me and have the account up and running (this far into the season I'm hoping it might be a whole lot quicker). I also hope that I was so utterly charming (doubtful) that they move me to the front of the queue.

Thank's for the tip @Tom Hark Preston Park! I just reserved a single room through booking.com - next to the pier for 50 pounds per night, sounds like a good price, wouldn't you say? It can be fully refunded up to the 25th of February, so that's one less worry, cheers!

I had no idea @Rogero, so thank you! I'm planning to arrive already on Thursday night, so figured I'd have all Friday to get to grips with the local transport and do some sightseeing (i.e. eating something in every restaurant/pub I happen to walk by). So local travel being included in the ticket is great news (but only to/from the game, I assume?)
@Fiskmås £50 a night is a great price for a great location! Nice one! :clap2:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

The 14 day activation period for new A+ members doesn’t apply to ticket sharing, tickets from season ticket holders can be shared to new A+ members immediately 👍

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
@Fiskmås

I think everyone's sorted you out by the looks of it, but as a last suggestion if you run into trouble and need to get the Albion + thing done just try calling rhe Club. I've sorted out all sorts of things using the old fashioned route.

I'd be very surprised if you don't get sorted one way or the other. An if you find yourself in the West Upper come and say hello. I'll buy you a flat fosters.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
@Fiskmås

I think everyone's sorted you out by the looks of it, but as a last suggestion if you run into trouble and need to get the Albion + thing done just try calling rhe Club. I've sorted out all sorts of things using the old fashioned route.

I'd be very surprised if you don't get sorted one way or the other. An if you find yourself in the West Upper come and say hello. I'll buy you a flat fosters.
And if the club can't sort you out for a ticket, then NSC almost surely can :wink:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Happy to help.

I'm not in a particular rush to put the ticket on the exchange so I can wait 2 weeks if needed. The ticket is yours if you need it as my ST is already set up to pass the ticket on to F and F. I think at some point all I'll need is your name and fan number and I can set up the share which will be in the form of an email I'll send you.

I'll need to enable my NSC PM facility so let me know when everything is done at your end.

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
Happy to help.

I'm not in a particular rush to put the ticket on the exchange so I can wait 2 weeks if needed. The ticket is yours if you need it as my ST is already set up to pass the ticket on to F and F. I think at some point all I'll need is your name and fan number and I can set up the share which will be in the form of an email I'll send you.

I'll need to enable my NSC PM facility so let me know when everything is done at your end.
Fantastic! @dazzer6666 seems very certain indeed that the 2 weeks don't apply when transferring tickets, so in that case I'm guessing we could give it a go already now! I'll pm you with my details!

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
@Fiskmås

Cheers! :) Yeah, I'm hoping the ticket transfer works out so I can focus on looking forward to the trip as early as possible, rather than worrying (even though it seems likely that a single ticket will be available via the ticket exchange).

The reply I got from the club via mail was polite but firm that the 2-week wait after paying for the membership is set in stone. But good to hear that magic might happen over the phone, I'll keep that in mind for sure.

(And I didn't know it's Foster's they're serving at the Amex! Almost as bad as what the Americans drink!)

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Fantastic! @dazzer6666 seems very certain indeed that the 2 weeks don't apply when transferring tickets, so in that case I'm guessing we could give it a go already now! I'll pm you with my details!
Cheers! :) Yeah, I'm hoping the ticket transfer works out so I can focus on looking forward to the trip as early as possible, rather than worrying (even though it seems likely that a single ticket will be available via the ticket exchange).

The reply I got from the club via mail was polite but firm that the 2-week wait after paying for the membership is set in stone. But good to hear that magic might happen over the phone, I'll keep that in mind for sure.

(And I didn't know it's Foster's they're serving at the Amex! Almost as bad as what the Americans drink!)
To be fair there is Heineken and Harvey's- the local ale too. And if they bring the machines out you get a wider selection. I hope you have a grand time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here