Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QUESTION for REMF Organizing Committee and anyone who is attending Friday

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
I am a true believer that there are always room for improvements in everything. The REMF is no exception. It is a bloody brilliant charity and to the 3 or 4 guys that run it in their own time deserve medals, and most of all, Robert would be so proud. Although I've only been on NSC for a few years, I've followed the REMF for 6 years as my family took me when I was younger. I shall be there tonight as always, and if there is anything that I can do to help tonight, I'd be more than happy to, just PM me. See you all there for a great night of fund raising, and hopefully beat palace... Again.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
How MUCH money IS lost BECAUSE of the BOYCOTT due to that POTLESS pillock being THERE ? He could STUMP up a FEW quid from the 1983 FA Cup Final CASH

at last the voice of sanity in a cruel and wicked world.

Well put and all power to your ARSE

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Can I ask a genuine question

How are the players selected for this match?

How many have played every year?

In all the years REMF has been running, how many different players has there been?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Can I ask a genuine question

How are the players selected for this match?

How many have played every year?

In all the years REMF has been running, how many different players has there been?

I was going to ask a similar question but was scared it would appear I was having a dig (which it wouldn't have been).

My other question was how would a player go about signing up for the next year and also are they players paying a donation themselves to play seeing as that would seem a pretty obvious fund-raising route.? Again, no digs involved, just wondering how it's done.*

* I imagine this has all been done before, so apologies.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'll contribute, briefly, as someone who via NSC has almost certainly contributed more to the REMF than anyone else - such as nearly £1500 this very month via the Brighton Marathon.

It's a charity born out of NSC itself and, as such, is dear to many.

As things stand, NSC will not be contributing a single penny towards the football match. I repeat again, mainly for Gareth's benefit, I'm not knocking the charity, you or any of the other small group who push the REMF forward tirelessly.

My issue is what seems to be an on-going complete lack of transparency about who gets to pull on the sacred blue and white stripes today. Most of us never get to represent Brighton & Hove Albion in any way, shape or form. To be able to do so alongside Peter Ward would be a dream for nearly every Albion fan.

My perception is that the team is a bit of an old boys club. It's mates and it's mates of mates. My perception may be wrong, but that's why perceptions need to be managed. You want people on your side and believing in your cause.

Wearing the stripes is a massive, massive privilege. If I were one of the lucky few, I'd be absolutely working my bollocks off to justify my spot. I'd be baking cakes and selling them at work, I'd be washing people's cars, I'd be doing anything I could to raise money for the charity as that's what this is all about. Playing football is but a by-product.

Has that been happening by those playing tonight? I have not seen anything to indicate it has and the small sums of money raised do not indicate a lot has been going on. Again, my perceptions may be wrong. Manage them please and get me and any other naysayers onside. It shouldn't be difficult to do.

With this single post, I'm out of this. Good luck to everyone tonight - raise lots of money and smash Palace. In that order.

Like.

Running a marathon is no mean feat.

Pretending to be a pro footballer, whilst raising a measly £60 is dire. They should be paying that in match fees. That is what a runner does.

Any old sailor could grab enough Albion goodies to swell the pot and thankfully some people did.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I'll contribute, briefly, as someone who via NSC has almost certainly contributed more to the REMF than anyone else - such as nearly £1500 this very month via the Brighton Marathon.

It's a charity born out of NSC itself and, as such, is dear to many.

As things stand, NSC will not be contributing a single penny towards the football match. I repeat again, mainly for Gareth's benefit, I'm not knocking the charity, you or any of the other small group who push the REMF forward tirelessly.

My issue is what seems to be an on-going complete lack of transparency about who gets to pull on the sacred blue and white stripes today. Most of us never get to represent Brighton & Hove Albion in any way, shape or form. To be able to do so alongside Peter Ward would be a dream for nearly every Albion fan.

My perception is that the team is a bit of an old boys club. It's mates and it's mates of mates. My perception may be wrong, but that's why perceptions need to be managed. You want people on your side and believing in your cause.

Wearing the stripes is a massive, massive privilege. If I were one of the lucky few, I'd be absolutely working my bollocks off to justify my spot. I'd be baking cakes and selling them at work, I'd be washing people's cars, I'd be doing anything I could to raise money for the charity as that's what this is all about. Playing football is but a by-product.

Has that been happening by those playing tonight? I have not seen anything to indicate it has and the small sums of money raised do not indicate a lot has been going on. Again, my perceptions may be wrong. Manage them please and get me and any other naysayers onside. It shouldn't be difficult to do.

With this single post, I'm out of this. Good luck to everyone tonight - raise lots of money and smash Palace. In that order.

I think this is the exact point Herr Tubthumper and The Commander are trying to make

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Some of the players ran in the Marathon so raised funds that way. Maybe now the Brighton Marathon is a regular event, the REMF should consider moving dates so that the giving can be spread out?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Superb night last night chaps. Decent quality game too... oh, and the Crystals! (pic courtesy of the lovely Roz)

Capture.JPG

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A great big thanks to all who came along last night...all 200 odd hardy souls as it was a tad cold!

Really good game last game and it looks like Gus's philosophy is getting down even to the remf team...crisp passing between players. And a couple of world class saves from our keeper...seriously one save from a long shot was absolutely top drawer.

Well done everyone who organised the evening and those who won the raffle prizes.

Finally HUGE thanks to the Crystalls. We had problems with the music so they did their routine to no music and the crowd joined in clapping along....fantastic professionalism from the girls....and they sold out all the raffle books we had....Amy, kate, Kim, claire and bronia you are all stars and we look forward to seeing you next year again. Special mention also to Louise and jaz, the two remaining gullys girls......terrific work ladies.

All in all a brilliant evening

Well done Bha supporters on a great 1-0 win

Dave the mc

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
:annoyed: we still cant score :tantrum: Well done to everyone :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think this is the exact point Herr Tubthumper and The Commander are trying to make

Agree; Bozza put it a lot more eloquently than myself.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
A great big thanks to all who came along last night...all 200 odd hardy souls as it was a tad cold!

Really good game last game and it looks like Gus's philosophy is getting down even to the remf team...crisp passing between players. And a couple of world class saves from our keeper...seriously one save from a long shot was absolutely top drawer.

Well done everyone who organised the evening and those who won the raffle prizes.

Finally HUGE thanks to the Crystalls. We had problems with the music so they did their routine to no music and the crowd joined in clapping along....fantastic professionalism from the girls....and they sold out all the raffle books we had....Amy, kate, Kim, claire and bronia you are all stars and we look forward to seeing you next year again. Special mention also to Louise and jaz, the two remaining gullys girls......terrific work ladies.

All in all a brilliant evening

Well done Bha supporters on a great 1-0 win

Dave the mc

Great night - very good match:albion2:
My 'Highlights' were having a chat with Wardys missus:blush: and bumping into @ifuhatepalcestandup my only friend on NSC:) and [MENTION=2393]Uncle S[/MENTION]:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I think LB got the tone right. But you seem to be getting very angry when people are simply asking a few questions and offering a few tips or pointers. If my tone has been too abrasive I appologise. I am not doubting the hard work which has gone into this charity to date. But I feel some opportunities have been missed. At £65 a player surely you can see where mine and others comments are coming from? The PA announcer having to use this board to contact the organisers? Come on.

I wish you all the best tonight.
You really are a snide little schit, i don't know what it is you do for a living but you need to read the works of Dale Carnegie "How to Win Friends and Influence People"

Now do us all a favour and wind your gobby little neck in.

Albion Rob

I don't know what the politics of team selection are and to be honest I care even less - as someone said earlier, this match appears to be one part of what the REMF does across the year. I don't get this 'representing the Albion' stuff. I represent the Albion every time I get to my seat at the Amex and shout myself hoarse. Hmm, maybe hat's a bit of a weird thing to say.

However, I'd be fascinated to know whether the 200 people who went last night were the same as the ones who turned up last year and the year before that and so on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here